KNOCK KNOCK 01

IZ*ONE AT YOUR DOORSTEP [HIATUS]

Holy Sh--! I--

I peeped again, harder. Damn, it's really her! Is this real? I moved away from the door and breathed out. Okay. This is unexpected-- no! Way beyond! Is this even real life? I slowly got my hand on the doorknob. Holding it really tight, I turned it and pulled it open. As I open the door, a tall girl appeared in front of me.

"Hi~!" she smiled ear to ear. "I'm Jang Wonyoung!" she introduces herself, ending with her head tilting sideways. I stood here, speechless.

"Uh..." I can't even utter a word.

"Unnie..." Wonyoung waved her hand in front of me as I remain staring blankly at the girl in front of me. She poked my shoulder and I was finally able to come back to my senses.

"W-what brings you here?" That's not the right thing to say, isn't it? "I- I mean... I don't understand..." I stared at the ground, trying to think.

"Unnie, why don't we take it inside the house?" Wonyoung offered. I jolted my head up.

"Oh, um... come in," I moved aside from the door, and made way for her. She entered and took off her shoes. I closed the door.

"Whoa, there's a lot of stuff here..." she murmurs as she scans around my place.

"Uhh yeah... I just moved here so there's a lot to be organized," I answered, a little bit shy because of the mess.

"What's this?" Wonyoung walked up to my desk.

"A-ah! That's--"

"Woah! You draw stuff unnie?" Wonyoung looked at my drawing.

"Uhm... that's not yet finished... and I'm not that good of an artist..."

"What!? How can you say that? It's great!" Wonyoung gave me a thumbs up.

"Y-you think so?"

"Un!" ending it with her signature wink.

"So... what are you gonna do... here?"

"Well... I want to eat, Unnie."

"Huh?" even before I could respond more, suddenly, I heard the doorbell ringing again. I walked up to the door, and peeked through the peep hole.

"I don't see anyone..." I opened the door anyway and I am beyond surprised.

"Hello~ Sorry I'm late," the small girl in front of me smiled, her eyes forming crescents, and tilting her head for some added cuteness.

"It's... NAKO!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Unnie~ you're late!" Wonyoung chimed in.

"What exactly is happening?" Nako just made her way inside, not forgetting to pay respects before finally getting in.

-----

We are currently eating Japanese food and Korean food takeouts.

"Wow. This is the first time I'm eating a combination of these two," I told them as I look through all the dishes.

"Here," Nako handed me a piece of tempura.

"Ah, thank you Nako-"

"-unnie," Nako suddenly interrupted.

"I'm... younger than you?" Nako gives me a suspicious look, raising her eyebrow, leaning against the chair and crossed her arms.

"You didn't check our profiles thoroughly huh."

"W-what!? No! No! Of course I did! Isn't it like the basics of being a fan?" I defended while shaking both my palms in front of them. Nako remained unconvinced.

"I do know your birthdays but I overlooked the years. All of you looked so young I thought I'm older than all of you except for the two oldest, ha ha," I laughed nervously. She's taking too long to respond.

I suddenly thought of an idea.

"Hey, if you don't mind, I can cook for you guys," right after I said that, Wonyoung who's busy munching on her own food immediately stopped to look at me. Nako on the other hand had her eyes widened in delight.

"Really?!" Nako and Wonyoung asked in high-pitched voices.

"Haha, of course!" I stood up from my seat and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out some ingredients. I started fast, cutting the vegetables. I looked over at what they're doing, and they were still taking little bites of the take-out Nako brought, tasting the wide variety of foods, with both of them feeding each other at times.

After almost an hour of prepping and a little bit of cooking, I prepared the portable gas stove and brought over the pot with my dish, to the living room.

"I'm done!" the girls hurried over to the living room and took a look at what I served on the table.

"Wah~ sukiyaki!" they stared at it with their eyes twinkling with excitement. They ran back to the dining table to get the plates and utensils and immediately settled on the floor as I turn on the gas stove. We clasped our hands and started digging in. I opened the TV and a random channel just appeared. It was actually a re-run of IZ*ONE Chu Season 2, and the girls were too busy eating to even notice it. I can feel Wonyoung stealing glances at the television, sometimes picking her bowl up and eating while staring straight on the television.

"Delicious!" Nako exclaimed with her eyes getting bigger.

"Hmmm~" Wonyoung hummed satisfyingly, closing her eyes as she savors the food. I stared at the two of them.

"Home-cooked meals are good right?" I asked, smiling as I take a bite.

"Un! It just makes you feel like you're at home," Nako answers.

"Hmmm, right right," Wonyoung agrees. I leaned towards the table, propping my elbow and resting my chin on it.

"I'm missing them..." I stared blankly into my bowl.

"Unnie~" Wonyoung makes her aegyo. Nako follows.

"Tss, you guys really know how to cheer up someone," I flashed them a small smile.

"Now, are you guys done eating?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Un! Thanks for the food~" the girls replied simultaneously. I stood up and took the plates, bringing them over to the sink.

"We'll do it," Nako offered.

"Well, if you guys insist," I gave them gloves and both of them started to wash the dishes. I walked over to a corner in the living room, looking at the pile of boxes I brought over. Did I make the right decision to come here?

"Unnie, we're done," Wonyoung approached me together with Nako.

"Would you guys like some desserts?" I turned to them as I closed one of the boxes.

"Yes!" they answered in unison. I took my coat and wore it. They took their shoes and went outside ahead.

~*~

"So... this is where we are going?" I looked up as I saw the popular ice cream parlor BR. When I felt that no one is answering me, I look at my side and saw no one, and found them ordering already. I entered the store.

"Of course, it's mint choco," I looked at the counter where the ice creams are being scooped.

"Unnie, what about you?"

"Uh... vanilla and strawberry please," I told the man scooping the ice cream.

"Ehhh, what a taste," Nako said to me while frowning. I took my cup and paid the bill. We went outside and sat at the bench in front. They're squinting their eyes at me.

"Why? I love simple flavors," I scoffed. I took a small serving and ate it. "Hmmm~ oishiii," I hummed at the coldness, totally refreshing.

"Yah," I looked beside me and Nako has her arm stretched out.

"Uh, unnie..." I look at her and the spoon with the mint choco. I frowned a bit.

"Just take a bite," Nako said blankly. I leaned forward slowly and had a taste. As soon as it came into contact with my taste buds, the mint and choco flavor felt like they're fighting over for dominance. Yup it does taste like toothpaste.

"How is it?" Nako asked smiling, tilting her head to the side.

"Uh... hm. It's fine," I gave a very unsatisfying answer. Nako just looked away and continued eating her ice cream.

"I'm sorry Nako-unnie. It's just that I'm not really a fan of the flavor. Ne, unnie? Hm?" I blurted out really fast. I think I disappointed her for a bit. A few seconds passed, but she suddenly huffed a laugh. She's joking.

"By the way Unnie, why did you come here?" Wonyoung looked at me as she takes another bite of her ice cream. I looked at the people walking past us.

"Well, first off, to study. It's been my dream to come here and experience the culture," I smiled, and took a bite from my own cup.

"It must have been really far away huh. From where you lived before," Nako spoke up.

"Well, it really is, but it's time for me to stand on my own," I took my last ice cream serving.

"Maa, it'll be a long journey, but I know you'll do well," Nako gave me a reassuring smile.

"Unnie, fighting!" Wonyoung hyped the atmosphere up, balling her fist up. She gave me an encouraging smile.

I looked at the both of them.

"Un. Fighting!" we said in unison, raising our balled fists up in the air, smiling.

 

-----

I tasted Mint Choco yearsssss ago, and I didn't like it from the get-go haha. So, how's the first chapter? I feel like I've got a lot more to write. Well there's more chapters ahead so I'll just make it up there. If you have comments or suggestions, or something specific that the girls and the fan can bond with, just comment down and specify the ship you want to see it in. Thank you and till the next read!