Together or Not?

Marry Me, Marry Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun yawned. He'd stayed up most of the night talking to Jiseul over the phone. She was mega stressed about her assignment and needed to speak to someone so she wouldn't fall asleep on the job.

What kind of boyfriend would he be if he told her he was too tired to speak? Of course he had to be there for her. That's what relationships were about right? He had to be selfless during desperate times.

The exhausted Sehun had kept sleepy lids wide open, sympathised where he had to and cracked a joke or two. 

At least, he thought he had joked. He couldn't remember too well. He'd been trying hard not to fall asleep on the call. He only recalled Jiseul's laughter. She had the most beautiful laugh in the world. No matter how much Sehun heard it, he never got tired of it.

Even thinking about her now as he traveled on the bus into town centre made him smile.

He was late.

Sehun fiddled with his fingers.

Truthfully speaking he wasn't late-late. He would merely arrive on the dot. Surely no one would blink an eye?

He played with his sleeves.

Sehun hated being late. It made him anxious to arrive at work late. He had to be present at least 15 minutes early.

This was his own fault. He'd slept in, hadn't heard the alarm (or had he put it on snooze?).

If only he hadn't talked to Jiseul all night.

Sehun frowned at the thought. It wasn't right to blame Jiseul. He'd made the decision to stay up.

He groaned inwardly.

It felt as if the bus was moving too slow. How was every other morning commuter so calm? Was he the only one sitting tensed?

Absentmindedly, he pulled out his phone. He scrolled through his Twitter, Facebook, Instagram feeds, went through all the Snapchat stories and wondered if Jiseul's phone had run out of battery.

Had she submitted her assignment? Was she coming to work? Would he see her in the morning? Or was she going to pretend to be sick and paint something interesting?

He had sent her all these messages. All of them went unread.

Did her battery run out? Had her phone been stolen?

He waited as patiently as he could.

His stop finally came.

Sehun leapt off his seat and ran out. He ran as fast as he could, down the street. 

He managed to somehow escape unscathed jayrunning across the road in morning traffic.

He continued to dart down the street until he had to turn right. This was such a messy road, he was glad the pedestrian light was green when he got there.

Sehun jogged across the road, continuing until he got to the office.

Fishing his ID badge from his pocket, he scanned to open the side door.

Now inside, he raced up the stairwell until he got to the 3rd floor.

He went through a series of doors until he reached the conference room.

Sehun wiped the sweat off his brow and grinned at the coworkers who were pulling out seats for themselves around the desk.

He wasn't completely late.

Sehun's anxiety washed away.

He pulled a seat out for himself and sat down at the desk. Everyone seemed pretty tired this morning. However, he was the only one sweating.

Sehun hoped no one could tell he was flustered.

He was surprised to find Jiseul hadn't arrived. She was usually on the dot. What had happened? He fiddled with the cuffs of his sleeves. Surely she was okay? His mind began to wander to the worst-case scenarios. He prayed she was safe.

Kai was absent too. This was typical Jongin-like behaviour. Kai didn't take work seriously and showed up fashionably late. That was his style. He was super laid back and usually didn't care about the consequences. In fact, the people who used to threaten to fire Kai had given up trying to scare him. Kai just didn't faze.

But Jiseul…

This was unlike her…

She was never irresponsible…

Someone whacked his shoulder. It was Rowoon, "Come on Sehun, it's time to train. Get into your objection circle."

Objection circles.

Sehun liked these. He liked to be able to practice common objections people gave the fundraisers on the street. It helped him get more sign-ups if he handled objections properly.

Just as Sehun was getting into the groove of handling himself. Jiseul and Kai came in.

Sehun was shocked to see them together. They looked so relaxed. How could they have so much chill when they were so late? Sehun envied them.

The duo was paired up with him. He tested their abilities. Both, of course, were perfect. Jiseul was exemplary. Kai, who only worked when he wanted to, didn’t want to give Sehun a hard time today so he put in the effort.

There was something off about the way Kai looked at Jiseul. Sehun wondered if they’d had a fight. Kai was behaving strangely. It wasn’t obvious. Sehun was Kai’s best frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter