Chapter 3: Welcome

LUCKY SEVEN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, did you hear?"

"About what?"

"The village next to us has a witch."

"A witch? You believe in those childish stories?"

"No, it's true, my friend who lives there told me about it. She went to the same high school as her."

"No way."

"Yes, apparently you get cursed when you befriend her or help her out."

"Huh? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Like when you're rude to her you get cursed?"

"I don't know either. I was told that a man who helped the witch carry a box of fruits got into an accident that same day, he was unable to use his leg for a month because of it."

"Isn't that one accident just a coincidence?"

"I thought so at first, but then I heard another story."
"What is it?"

"There were a lot of people who didn't believe in the witch's curse back then, so they went on and treated her kindly."

"And?"

"They received the same fate as the first man. Some of them got sick and others got into small accidents. Everyone in that village started ignoring her after."

"Wow, that's really scary."

"I know right? I'm glad I don't live there."

"I hope she dies soon so no one else gets cursed."

"Right!"

My ears perked up at the conversation of the two girls across the aisle of junk foods, their topic making me feel uncomfortable as I scan the items bought by the old customer in front of me.

Stories like these were the reason why I didn't look for a part-time job in my own town. It's a thirty-minute bus ride from my place to the convenience store I'm working at, but the residents here don't know my face so the store owners hire me.

"Are you okay, dear?" The old lady asked as I handed her the bag of items she bought.

"Y-yes." I smiled, wiping the wretched tears that fell from my eyes. It was not good to look sad in front of a customer. "Just... It's just my eyes. I think something got in them."

The old lady's lips curved upward as she accepted her change, a glint of kindness was present in her eyes. If she ever found out I was the cursed girl from the rumors, her smile would probably disappear.

"I do not know what problems you have, but I'm sure everything will be fine." She said before leaving.

"Excuse me."

The same girls gossiping about me were now in front of the counter, grinning. I smiled awkwardly, scanning the ice cream cones they were buying before giving them the change of the bill they gave me.

White and black, the colors of yin and yang. The two four-leaf clovers on my bracelet glowed faintly, its shine only visible to the wearer. The lights formed two silhouettes, one was a man with blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, the other with red irises and black locks.

"How come such ugly words come out of such cute faces." Jimin voiced from behind, a disappointed look plastered on his face as he placed his arm around my shoulder. "It's sickening that they can ask for someone's death so casually."

Taehyung clicked his tongue "They don't even know you, all they heard were rumors." He said, hands on his hips. His red eyes sharply fixed at the gossiping girls as they leave the store.

Namjoon made Jimin and Taehyung accompany me on my part-time job. The two have made themselves invisible to avoid unnecessary questions from others. After all, what kind of cashier has someone guarding her?

I refused to have them follow me at first but they insisted. They said it was a must for at least one of them to be with me since I didn't let any of them hug me before I leave.

I puffed my cheeks as doubtful thoughts enter my head. How could I hug complete strangers like it was nothing? 

How people get luck from their lucky charms differ; Some would bring it with them all the time, others would caress the object before leaving the house, a few would tuck it below their pillows at night.

However, as it was an obvious fact that my lucky charms are different from the normal ones. Hugging was how, according to them, they could transfer their luck to me.

I wonder what Kameunjangagi was thinking when she made that rule? Why couldn't it be just a handshake? Or a high five?

Now that I think about it, it must be why Jin asked me to hug him when I first met them this morning.

He was trying to give me luck.

A sigh escaped my lips as I stared at the clock, a few minutes more, and my shift was done. When will the other cashier arrive, I wonder?

"Don't listen to them, Hae Soo." Jimin cooed, placing his chin on my other shoulder.

"You're not a witch at all, you're the prettiest fairy I've ever seen." His charming smile made the butterflies in my stomach flutter frantically.

"Stop it," I whispered, my forehead creased as I nudged the blonde boy on the side, keeping him off my shoulders. My cheeks were burning red like a tomato, I wasn't used to being clung at.

The man lining up to have his items scanned gave me a weird look and I smiled in embarrassment, giving him a slight bow as I handed him his change.

"Why are you still working, Hae Soo?" Jimin asked. His curious eyes watching me as I retied my hair. "With us around, you don't have to worry about food."

"And if you need money, the only thing you have to do is ask Jin for it and he'll give it to you with a snap of his fingers." Taehyung nodded in agreement.

A faint smile crossed my lips as I took my bag, giving the girl who just arrived a friendly nod. She was the cashier for the next shift.

"Good Work today, Hae Soo." The girl grinned.

"Yes, good luck on your shift," I said, handing her the store's uniform blazer before rushing out of the convenience store.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I stretched my arms to relax my muscles. "Finally, I can go home," I uttered happily.

"Oi." Jimin pouted "You haven't answered my question yet."

I took the phone from my bag, pretended to type a number and placed it on my ear as if I was calling someone.

"I can't rely on you like that," I said as I met the boy's blue eyes. "I might g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter