Chapter 2: Four-leaf Clovers

LUCKY SEVEN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember the horrifying sight of my bag and Saera's letter burning in the fire, the sting in my knees scraped by sharp rocks, and the pain in my heart at Rin's betrayal.

I remember childishly wishing on a shooting star, washing the smell of rotten eggs and vinegar on my skin in the shower, and crying myself to sleep.

However, as much as I hate my short-term memory for the important things I do not remember, there was no way I would have forgotten that I brought home seven men with me last night.

It was impossible!

A scream escaped my mouth as soon as I realized the presence of strangers in my room, the sound echoing the four corners of my house.

It should have alerted my neighbors, but it was a few meters away before the next house and no one really cares about the cursed girl in a small town.

The men. Four of which were lying on the floor of my room, and the other three sleeping with their heads resting on their arms on the sides of my bed.

I flinched in fear as they stirred in their sleep, covering myself with the blanket even though I was fully clothed in pajamas. My face paled as their puzzled eyes turned towards me.

"W-who are you?!" I hollered, using my pillow as a shield between me and them "How did you get here?!"

"Miss-"

My eyes bulged from their sockets when the four sat up from the floor and I realized that a piece of cloth draped over their shoulders and around their torso was the only thing covering them, like the robes of olden Rome.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!" 

I yelled at the top of my lungs throwing the pillow at them. It hit a boy with icy white hair and triangular grey eyes but he looked too sleepy to care.

"erts! Get out! Get Out!"

I proceeded to smack the other three with my second pillow but a boy with platinum blonde hair grabbed it before it could hit his face.

"Please, calm down, Hae Soo, this is a misunderstanding." He said, startled green dragon eyes staring at me. His hand brushed my fingers causing me to retract my hold of the pillow.

"What misunderstanding?! How did you know my name? Why are you here?!" I shrieked.

My sudden recoil made me tumble off the side of the bed and I winced as my hit the ground. I leaned my back on the bedside table, eyes wide in fear and hands still grasping the blanket to my chest.

"Behold!" Honey blonde hair and luscious plump lips; The tall man in front of me stood proudly, raising his arms up to his wide shoulders as if he was showing off himself. I tried to look elsewhere but the toned muscles of his stomach.

"You are in the presence of fortune!" He grinned smugly, his cat-like hazel eyes meeting my gaze "Come! Hug me and receive your luck!"

The room went silent as I stared at him in shock, the rusty wheels inside my head turning with great effort to comprehend what I just heard.

"What are you waiting for?" The guy asked, hands on his hips and an eyebrow quirked upward in puzzlement.

"Oh," He grinned again "Are you shy?" He asked "Fine, I'll do it!"

'A handsome ert.' Said my brain as my other hand blindly searched on the floor for a weapon.

My legs shot up as soon as I found something, I raised the object in front of his face and he took a step back in a startled gasp.

"Don't come near me!" I yelled, threatening him with my slipper "I swear I will slap you with it!"

"S-slap me?" He uttered, looking offended as he pointed at himself "You would hurt this handsome face of mine?!"

"Who the heck are you, people?!" I snapped, looking at the seven strangers in frustration. "And why are you in my room?!"

"First-"

I pointed my slipper warily towards the guy with platinum hair before he could take a step forward. He froze raising his hands up in surrender.

"First..." He said trying to calm me "Please put down the slipper."

"Hell no!" I hissed. "I own the house, I make the rules now speak!"

Truthfully my heart's been doing nervous summersaults. There was no way I was confident with only a slipper in my hand, there were seven of them and only one of me.

If these guys wanted they could actually attack me right now, and knowing my luck I'll probably be found dead a couple of weeks later, floating in a lake or thrown in a garbage dumpsite.

"Okay." The platinum blonde uttered, dropping one hand and using the other one to press on his chest "It'll sound crazy but will you promise to listen?"

My eyebrows furrowed in doubt "F-fine."

"We're four-leaf clovers."

"Four-leaf clovers?" My eyebrows quirked upward, trying to understand the sentence "Is that an idol group?"

"An Idol group?"

"Yeah, like BTS, an idol group."

He stepped back confused "What? No."

The boy with cat-like eyes snorted "We're probably more handsome than BTS." He nodded at himself "This face is approved as good looking worldwide."

I rolled my eyes at the guy, focusing on the conversation I had with the person in front of me "What do you mean four-leaf clovers?"

"Well...we were sent by the goddess, Kameunjangagi to be your lucky charms. So now we are here to help you-"

Kameunjangagi? I've read about her in books at school, she's supposed to be the deity of fate and luck. 

"You don't seriously think I'll believe you, right?!" I scoffed before my eyes widened in realization.

"Of course!" There's no other explanation. I gasped scanning the seven men in front of me with their bizarre costumes.

"You guys are crazy aren't you?!" I blurted "You ran away from a mental institution-"

"Hey!" One of them stepped forward, his beautiful blonde locks of hair framing his princely face and soft marshmallow cheeks.

"That is very mean!" He said, arms crossed, blue eyes glinting sadly as his plump pink lips turned into a pout. "What makes you think we're crazy?"

My eyebrow rose as I eyed him from foot to face "You're wearing a toga in modern Korea and slept inside a stranger's house without her permission."

The blonde boy blushed at my statement. "W-well, it's not my fault the goddess gave us these to wear!"

"There!" I pointed out, my arms shaking out of exhaustion but I couldn't possibly let go of the slipper, it was my only weapon.

"You're talking about this goddess too! I don't know what kind of crazy stuff you guys are taking but leave me out of this! I applaud your effort in research for advertising but I'm not buying any-"

"You said you'll listen-"

"Who would believe the things coming out of your mouth?!" I uttered to the platinum blonde surprising him "Are you listening to yourself?! A goddess? Kameunjangagi? Unless you have proof I won't believe you!"

"Proof."  A dark-haired boy spoke, his deep voice surprising me "Is anything okay as long as you can see it?"

I puffed my cheeks, frowning at him "Sure, whatever." I uttered folding my arms confidently to hide the fact that his almond-shaped, red-eyes were intimidating me.

I am sure they wouldn't be able to procure anything at all. It was impossible! There is no such thing as-

"What about breakfast?" A boy with blazing red hair grinned, his smile almost blinding like the sun.

He snapped his fingers and I gasped when I felt the ground below me disappear. My eyes shut tight in fear, letting go of the slipper as I fell into what I thought was an endless abyss.

My heart was beating frantically inside my chest, startled to feel myself land into a chair. Eyes enlarged at the change of scenery when I opened it, I was now in the living room of my house.

In front of me appeared an eight-sitter wooden table covered in linen made of red silk. On the seven chairs around me sat the strangers, now in their casual clothes and with smiles on their faces as I sat in shock unable to form words in my mouth.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter