Nice to meet you Kang

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey are you hurt? What happened?” Yuri became silent and all the eyes of Seungwan’s best friends are directed to her, asking her what’s wrong.

“Hey, Wannie what happened to our daughter?” Joy worriedly asked me.

“He-hello? Yuri-ah calm down first and tell me what happened.” After calming herself down Yuri started talking again.

“Mom I am in the hospital with Minju. M-min…” Seungwan knows her daughter is struggling to tell her what happened, but they need to know so she tried again to ask Yuri of what happened. Seungwan puts her phone in a loudspeaker.

“Sweetheart, you were at the hospital with Minju, and Minju was?” Seungwan was waiting for her daughter’s response and all of their hearts stop, the moment they heard Yuri’s explanation.

“M-minju, was rushed in the emergency room. S-she was *sobs* hit by a fast car, the doctors are operating on her now. We need you here mom please…” after yuri dropped the call Seungwan’s eyes landed on the two figures in front of her. Joohyun is crying crazily while Seulgi is in a daze while crying.

“It’s… It’s happening again just like nine years ago.” Seulgi said,  both of them were shaking and crying non-stop.

“Hey both of you let’s go!” but they didn’t budge so Seungwan shouted at them.

“Hey! I said let’s go to the hospital! Stop crying, the doctors are doing their best to save Minju. This is the time that your daughter needs you the most.” Seulgi suddenly stood up and pulled Joohyun up.

“Hyunnie let’s go to our little girl she needs us. We need to be strong for her, she will make it, I know Minju, she’s a fighter she doesn’t give up easily.” Joohyun just nodded as Seulgi helps her trembling wife.

They arrived at the hospital, Yuri saw them and runs to hug Joy.

“Eomma…” yuri cried harder in Joy’s arms, then she looks at Joohyun and Seulgi and said,

“I-Im s-sorry for my rudeness, but it’s all your fault, if you just lowered your pride and talk to each other and fix your problem immediately my best friend would’ve been happy right now and she would not feel alone but because of your selfishness she suffers a lot. She became lonely and depressed all the time. She feels alone going home to an empty house, she misses you a lot but you both forgot about her and just focused on your own personal issues!” Yuri snapped.

“Yuri stop! You’re being rude to them, and it's not right.” Joy scolded her.

“Joy it’s okay, Yuri is right we became careless as a parent. We forgot that we have a daughter who needs us.” Joohyun stated with tears. Joohyun hold Yuri’s hand and told yuri,

“Yuri-ah…T-thank you for being there with Minju for not leaving her side when she's feeling alone.” Then yuri cries again and hugs Joohyun.

“I-It’s okay auntie, I-I’m sorry for all the hurtful things I’ve said, it’s just that I’m hurting so much right now... and I- I can’t forget how frail Minju is lying in that wide road helplessly, Minju has a very special place in my heart and I know her, she will make it. She’s a strong girl.” Yuri reassures Joohyun. 

Hours had passed when the doctor goes out of the operating room.

“Oh, Dr. Bae, Dr. Son are you related to the patient?”

“Yes Dr. Lee, she’s my daughter. How’s her condition?” Dr. Lee explained all to Joohyun.

“The operation was long and hard, but your daughter is a fighter. She’s doing her best to survive but we do not know when she will regain her consciousness because the damage she got inside her head was complicated, but we did our best to save her, so let’s just hope and pray for the best.”

“Thank you, Dr. Lee.” Seungwan said because Joohyun was still not in her good condition.

“Don’t worry too much Dr. Bae, Minju is a strong one, I saw how she fight for her life a while ago.” One of the resident comforted Joohyun.

____________________________

Bogum and his friends are taking their lunch in the cafeteria.

“Hey Minho, come and sit with us.” Bogum said to which the latter agreed.

“I heard you were one of the residents that participated in the operation of Dr. Bae’s daughter.” Bogum eyes his friend.

“Yes, I am.”

“And I heard that her condition is not that good. She was in a coma.” Bogum said in a mocking tone.

“She’s not! She’s just unconscious.” Minho said sternly.

“Well, I hope that she doesn’t wake up anymore.”

“H-how could you say that?! She’s the child of the one who saved your son’s life, so h-how could you?!”

"Well, if she dies it will be a lot more easier  for me to get closer to Joohyun. "

"Stop it!  Stop that lunacy of yours Bogum,  let me remind you as a friend that Dr.  Bae is happily married now."

"To whom? To that  wimp  bear looking woman, she can't  give Joohyun the pleasure  that I can give in bed." Bogum said with an annoying  smirked. 

"It's not always about having   Bogum, If you truly love her you should just give up and let her be free and happy,  you know who is the source of her happiness right?! It is not you but her wife.  So stop being an and act like a real man." Minho adviced. 

"What do you know? What do you know huh?! You know I can fire you anytime I want, so you better choose wisely of who's  side you're taking." Bogum taunt him. 

Minho walks out the cafeteria because of the irritation his feeling from his friends. He feels guilty about it, keeping something like these to Dr. Bae so he decided to tell Joohyun everything.

“Dr. Bae can I talked to you in private?”

“Not now Minho, Joohyun’s still out of it. Her daughter is still unconscious, Joohyun’s not fine,” Seungwan told him.

“B-but I need to tell her something important!” Minho said which caught Joohyun’s attention.

“Better be sure that it’s important Dr. Choi.” Joohyun stated and goes to her office to discuss something important with the resident.

“Actually, it’s about bogum. He’s trying to ruin your family Dr. Bae, remember when his son collapses and you were forced to stay by his side?” Joohyun nodded.

“It’s all fake. Jihoon orchestrated it with his father so he can have an alone time with you.” Minho showed her the group chat they had where bogum tell’s them all that happened that time.

“And there was a time when your wife visited you here to gave you a dinner, but bogum sees her so he decided to touch the corner of your lips to make your wife jealous, and he succeeded.”

Joohyun was fuming now in anger as she continues to learn the truth.

“B-but why, Minho? You are one of his friends, so why are you telling me these?”

“I am one of his friends, that’s why I won’t tolerate him anymore to do more things that can destroy someone else’s family and besides he touch the right button to make me do the right thing that I should’ve done from the start.”

“And what is that button?” Joohyun asked him and he hesitates at first, but he decided to tell the truth to Joohyun.

“H-he said that… He hopes that your daughter doesn’t wake up anymore.”

Joohyun’s anger boiled to it’s maximum level.

“W-where is he?!”

“H-he’s at the cafeteria.”

Joohyun goes to the said place and Minho was right, Bogum was right there. Joohyun goes to the latter’s table, Bogum stood up and saw Seulgi making her way to the cafeteria as well, so he immediately holds Joohyun’s hand and said,

“Hyunnie… I’ve been worried about you. How are you feeling? I know it’s hard to see your own kid suffering but don’t worry I’ll be here by your side.” Bogum said with his victorious smile. Joohyun saw that and she had enough of it, so she retracted her hand in a harsh manner and slapped Bogum hard which caught everyone's attention  in the cafeteria.

“I don’t wanna lash you out in public, but I also think that you deserve it. You! How could you?! You tried to ruin my family just to have me, you even taught your son to deceive a person. Is that a good way to teach your kid? Don’t you have any shame on you? For you to wish that my daughter wouldn’t wake up anymore!” Bogum was about to defend himself but Seulgi beat him to it.

“How could you? Are you still sane? 'cause as far as I know any sane person wouldn’t wish for an innocent child’s death. How could you call yourself a doctor? You tried to ruin my relationship with my wife then wishes the death of my kid now, what else are you wishing for?!”

“D-do you have a proof that I did that?” Bogum nervously uttered.

“Yes I have, and it’s in here.” Joohyun shows the copy of his chat conversation with his friends.

“Ready yourself, 'cause I’ll make sure to inform the chairman  about this.”

Bogum tries to punch Seulgi but the latter is fast enough to dodge it. Bogum’s friends decided to hold bogum and escorts him to his office, Seulgi holds her wife in her arms as the latter  cries silently in anger.

After a day the whole hospital knows about Bogum and Joohyun’s confrontation and it causes a stir. Most of the employees asked the board to gave bogum a punishment and it is granted by the chairman himself, Bogum’s father.

-------------------------------------------

“Dr. Bae, I’m sorry for all the things that my son and grandson did to you, I’m not aware of it. I failed as a father and a grandfather  to teach them the proper way of life, don't worry I will make sure to teach them a lesson.” Joohyun just nodded and said,

“But please be more lenient to your grandson, I know he only did it to get his father’s favor cause he’s missing his mom badly.” The chairman nodded and Joohyun bid her farewell, but before she exited the office the chairman said, 

"I'm sorry again Dr.  Bae,  and thank you for your  understanding.

____________________

 

2 weeks had passed since Minju's accident, she was now transfered to a private room and Bogum was fired as a director of the hospital and was sent to Switzerland together with Jihoon to learn the real value of living. Joohyun has been stressed since then, and Seulgi is now sitting beside Minju's bed watching her.

“Minju-ah~ baby you should wake up now you’re making us worry each passing days, your Joohyun eomma can't stop crying every time she remembers you, she has no appetite every meal and she's hurting so much right now, so baby please wake up now.”

The door opens and she saw Joohyun with a hopeful eyes asking her if Minju's awake now.

"She's still sleeping Hyunnie, don't worry too much, maybe our little girl is just having a very good and long dream so she doesn't want to wake up yet." Joohyun's tears started to slide both her cheeks so Seulgi stood up and walk towards her wife to give her a hug.

"Hyunnie-ah don't worry Minju will be back she's gonna wake up soon." Seulgi said to her wife while cupping her face with both of her hands, as she gaves her a peck on the lips.

---------------------------------

It was now 9 pm and Seulgi is now going back to Minju's room, she slowly opens the door and saw Joohyun holding Minju's hand like it is the most fragile and important thing to her.

"Minju-ah... Eomma still remembers the first time I held your hand it was so tiny and warm, and these hands have done so many things that makes us ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter