MY haven

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After a year the Kang family was now getting ready to attend a wedding.


“Kang Seulgi! Faster we need to get there in time, Minju will play the piano while Joy is walking down the aisle so we better not be late.”

“Yes Ma’am!” Seulgi saluted and Joohyun slaps her shoulder in return.

They arrived at the hotel on time, Minju was now playing Joy and Seungwan’s favorite song in a grand piano located at the side of the small stage where the couple will give their vows.

“Let us all welcome the bride Park Sooyoung!” her best friend Seulgi stated. 

Joy enters and walks down the aisle towards her soon to be wife Seungwan who was wearing a white suit. They both look gorgeous as the ceremony started and even into its ending. The guest where all gone now as the Kang Family goes to Seungwan’s house.

Seulgi and Joohyun left Minju with Mrs. Nam in the car because the kid is already sleeping peacefully.

“Congratulations to the both of you.” Seulgi said as soon as she enters her friends house.

“Thank you for coming and thank you for your lovely daughter in making this event extra special.” Joy said with a smile. 

“Ah, Joohyunnie and Seulbear I want you to meet someone, Yuri-ah… come here. This is Jo Yuri she is eight the same age as Minju and she is Joy’s niece her parents passed away last year so we decided to legally adopt her and we were granted to be her guardian from now on.” Seungwan explained.

Seulgi and Joohyun cannot hide their surprised expression so Joy started teasing them.

"I know, I know our baby girl here is very cute, cute enough to be Minmin's girlfriend." Joy said while wiggling her eyebrows. Joohyun and Seulgi's eyes got bigger as soon as they heard joy.

"Yah! W-w-what a-are you talking about, our minguri is still baby so s-she ca-can't have a girlfriend yet." Seulgi said while stuttering.

"S-seul's right, I'm n-not yet ready to let go of my baby girl's hand." Joohyun said while crossing her arms which earned a bunch laughter from the two.

"OMG! Over protective parents alert Wannie." Joy said while laughing hard and  slapping her wife's shoulder.

"Relax relax the both of you, Joy is just teasing you." said Seungwan while chuckling.

The both of them heave a sigh of relief.

“So, we would like to asked for your help Seulgi-ah… it’s already in the middle of first semester so it’s kinda hard to find a school that will take her in this sem. Can you help us find a school?” Joy said with a pleading eyes.

“Yah! That’s what friends are for. Don't worry anymore I’ll process her papers and put her into Minju’s class so our Minmin can help her adjust in her new school.” Seulgi said with a proud smile.

"Omo! Thank you so much Seulgi-ah and Joohyun unnie.” Joy hugs seulgi and joohyun.

“Yuri-ah you can call them Aunt Seulgi and Aunt Joohyun.” Yuri walked closer to the two.

“Thank you for helping us Aunt Seulgi and Aunt Joohyun.” Yuri flashed her sweet smile.

“You’re such a cute kid Yuri-ah… It’s nice meeting you. I hope you and Minju can get along well.” Joohyun patted Yuri’s hair.

“I heard she really loves singing and playing instruments so I really hope that we can get closer by means of music.”

“Well, you’re right she is a music lover.” Seulgi smiled.


At Minju’s School

 

Minju is sitting at her chair thinking about Jo Yuri. Her mommy Seulgi told her that her aunt Joy and Aunt Seungwan has adopted a daughter now and she will be attending her current school.

 

Flashback

The kang family were having their breakfast when Seulgi informed Minju about Yuri.

“Minju-ah… You should take care of Yuri she’s new here, help her to adapt easily in your school. She also loves music so she’s really excited to meet you and get closer to you.”  Seulgi said while eyeing her daughter.

“Mommy what does she looked like?” Minju asked with her big curious eyes.

“Hey young lady what did I tell you about the real essence of befriending someone?” Joohyun asked looking directly at the child’s eyes.

“Don’t judge a book by it’s cover, just like befriending someone isn’t always about looks cause a real friendship starts with what’s within the heart.” The little girl stated proudly.

“Don’t worry eomma, you know me I always read what’s inside the book even if it’s in hideous form. I’m just wondering if she’s pretty.” Minju added shyly.

“Omo, Minju-ah she’s really cute, she reminds me of a hamster like wannie.” Seuilgi said while chewing her food.

“Seulgi-ah don’t talk if your mouth is full, your mommy is right Yuri is an adorable kid so I hope that you’ll help her adapt to her new school.” Joohyun smiled at her daughter which the latter returned with a sweet smile and said,

“I’ll take care of her eomma don’t worry.”

 

*end of flashback*

 

Minju’s attention was brought back by the classroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter