Letter, acceptance and friendships

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was stirred up from her sleep by the sunshine passing through the window of chaeyeon’s room, she stood up ready to leave the room until she saw chaeyeon’s favorite coloring book, she opened it and stare at chaeyeon’s drawing and coloring, a small smile was shown in seulgi’s lips as she remembers her daughter. Seulgi flip the last page to see if there are more drawings at the back cover because she knows Chaeyeon loves to draw in the back cover of her book, but she was stunned to see something, instead of drawing she saw a letter and seulgi’s eyes started to water as she reads chaeyeon’s last letter.


Dear God,
Other kids in school and neighborhood always tease me about not having a father, there are times that I want to ask mommy on why I don’t have a dad but then as I think about it I realized that I don’t need to have a dad to be recognize by the others as a complete and happy family because for me having my mommy seulgi was enough for me because she was already my mom and dad. She gave me so much love and care which made my life so wonderful. So I want to thank you God for giving mommy Seulgi to me. I promise mommy that I will always stay beside her and when time comes that I cannot keep my promise anymore I hope that she will not be lonely because I love her smiling face more than her sad face. If ever  fate take us away from each other, I hope mommy will keep living the best of her life and I hope she always give me her warmest smile because I love her so much. Please God take care of my mommy for me and make her happy for the rest of her life.
Love,
Chaeyeonnie

Since then Seulgi decided to help organizations and charities which involves helping children. Seulgi was once again in the same hospital were chaeyeon passed away she was visiting a child patient she was helping in an orphanage.


“Annyeong!” Minju greeted the lone kid in one of the ward. The girl just nod her head in response.


“I’m Kim Minju, I heard from the nurses that you were admitted here last month on the exact date as your birthday which happens to be my birthday as well. Here take this as my late gift.” Minju then gave the girl her favorite bunny hair clip and put it on her.


“What’s your name and how old are you?” Minju asked.


The girl hesitated at first because she isn’t used to talking with others


“Don’t worry I don't bite and I won’t hurt you, I’m here to make friends.” Minju gave her a reassuring smile.


“I-I’m J-Jang Wonyoung, 3 years old.” Wonyoung mumbled.


“Ah, I see so you’re younger than me, that makes me your unnie. You can call me Minju-unnie.”


“T-thank you Minju un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter