First Sunset

Lifeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi spent her whole afternoon wasting herself drinking liquor to make her temporarily forget the pain she's feeling about chaeyeon. She called Joy and Seungwan to the place she is right now.

“Joy… Seungwannie….here!” Seulgi wave her hand at the two.

“Kang Seulgi! What is happening to you? Why are you looking like trash right now?” Joy asked.

“Because I finally found who’s the culprit in my Chaeyeon’s accident and I….I… c-can’t do anything about it because he died at the scene as well. How? How can I give Chae the justice she deserves?” Seulgi pour her heart out to the two.

"Seul, we can't do anything about it now and the court is the only one who can give justice and not us, not just anyone nor you seul. Don't do anything that you will regret later." Joy consoled her friend.

“I…I will make sure his sins will be passed on to her daughter.” Seulgi said with a clenched fist.

“Seulgi-ah! Are you out of your mind?! You will vent your anger in an innocent child, seriously seul!” Seungwan said out of frustrations.

“Seul...Wannie was right that kid didn’t do anything wrong so don’t involve her please...” Joy pleaded.

“But…but how about my Chaeyeonie…I promise her that I will give her justice.” Seulgi said with a heavy heart.

“But involving that innocent child is not justice Seul! Wake up… Do you think Chae would be happy if you put that child into this mess, No seul… please don't let your anger cloud your decisions.” Joy explained.

“What's his name?” Seungwan asked.

“His name is Kim Jun-myeon and this is his picture.” Seulgi gave them her phone.

Seungwan’s eyes got bigger and Seulgi saw her reaction.

“Do you know her Wannie?”

"S-seulgi.... I.....I..."

"Wannie please tell me if you know him, that man robbed my child's  precious life, so please.... Wannie..." Seulgi desperately pleaded.

“S-Seul…H-he was Suho, J-joohyun’s late husband and Minju’s father.”

“WHAT?” Joy shouted with a shocked face. Seulgi's surrounding seems to move at a slower pace and her time with minju flash before her eyes.

“W-wannie.. w-what are you saying? How can Minju be h-his daughter that kid was so kind hearted and adorable so it’s impossible.” Seulgi said in denial.

“But that’s the truth seul." 

"No, no no!" Seulgi shouted.

"I know him well, he always go to Joohyun’s office after getting wasted with alcohol and women. He shouts at Joohyun, there was one time he slapped Joohyun in front of me just because Joohyun didn’t come home that night. Joohyun and I stayed the night at the hospital because there was an emergency operation to be done. But he’s always being good in front of his daughter so minju knows nothing of her father's wrong deed. Joohyun was still trying her best to hold on for Minju because she doesn't want Minju to have a broken family but on their fifth wedding anniversary Suho asked her to meet him at the restaurant near the hospital. Then he said 

*Flashback*

“I want divorce Joohyun-ah. You were so busy at your work and you have no time for me anymore because of that I fell out of love with you.”

“Yeobo… We can still fix this, I’m doing all these for Minmin’s future. You were fired in your office because of your frequent drinking so I have no choice but to double my working hours to support us.”

“And now you’re blaming me for all of this! It’s too late for us.. I already have someone here.” Suho pointed at his heart while Joohyun's eyes got teary.

“H-how could you….I..I was working here day and night for our family's sake b-but instead of helping me y-you found someone else to be your… How could you!” Joohyun said out of frustrations.

“I've had enough of this! fine Let’s divorce if that’s what you want.” Joohyun added.

“Good then I’ll prepare the papers and one thing, I want to inform you that Minju is coming with me.” Suho dropped the bomb that ticked Joohyun off.

“You! You will not lay your filthy hands on my daughter cause she will be in my care from now on. I am her mother and she’s just two you should consider Minju's welfare cause I'm more capable of raising her emotionally and finacially than you, I don't want to put it this way but your pushing me to my limit. If you still want to claim for custody then let's do it in court. 

“No! She will be mine! with or without the court's permision." Suho argued.

“That’s not for you to decide Kim Jun-myeon! You smells alcohol again, Go and get a life Suho.” Joohyun walks out crying because she still loves her husband but the latter's behavior isn't good for Minju anymore and her daughter is more important to her, she had to stop by at the nearby mall to fix herself before going back to work. Later that day she was informed that her husband died from a car accident.

*End of flashback*


It’s been a week since the conversation Seulgi had with Joy and Seungwan. Seulgi didn’t go outside of her mansion for that entire time. When she finally opened up her phone a lot of messages pops up most of them were from Joohyun asking her if she's alright and where she is.

Seulgi messages Joohyun.

To: Hyunnie

Don’t worry I’m okay, I just got busy last week.

I’m on my house right now. I’ll go to your place

Later.

 

Seulgi's phone rings and she saw Joohyun's name.

 

"Hello, Seul. Are you sure your alright?"

"hmm." Seulgi hum.

"You've been gone for the whole week."

"I'm sorry, I suddenly got loads of work to do."

"I miss you... I mean Minju and I misses you. She kept asking me when are you gonna visit us."

Seulgi hesitated to answer at first but she composed herself and said 

"I miss you both also. Tell minju to be good and I'll be going in your place later."

"Seul about that can I ask you a favor again?"

"Sure what is it?" 

"Well I'd treated an emergency patient a while ago and rightnow she's still in critical condition, I might not be able to go home for a couple of days and tomorrow is friday minju has a class to attend, is it okay for you to take care of Min for a while."

Seulgi take a deep breath and sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter