Epilogue

Because she loves him

Every passing second seemed like a decade to Soo Mi. She was still struggling, crying and begging them. Then, the door flung open forcefully. The men stopped their filthy actions and stared at the guy standing before them. Another tear rolled down Soo Mi’s cheek as she opened her closed eyes slowly. She saw Hoya standing right before her. It wasn’t her imagination. He was really here… for her. A relieved smile lit up her tear-stained face.

“Thankfully, I made it in time…” Hoya thought as he looked at Soo Mi who was still safe.

“Screw off, bastard. Things are going to turn out ugly when we leave some bruises on that pretty face of yours!” One of the men warned as he walked up to Hoya.

“Try me then.” Hoya taunted as he stared back at him.

The man spat some saliva on the ground, took a few steps back before lunging himself forward. He threw a vicious punch towards Hoya but he caught it in time. Twisting his arm back, he threw the man onto the ground. Landing with a loud thud, the man held his arm and rolled around on the floor. After which, Hoya continued attacking him with more punches.

“Hoya oppa! Beware behind!~” Soo Mi screamed as she saw the other guy approaching Hoya with a baseball bat from behind.

He flung it down towards Hoya’s head. Tilting his head to the side, he avoided the blow. Gripping the baseball bat which hit the floor, Hoya smacked it right back onto the guy’s head. Within minutes, both of them were sprawling on the floor, unconscious.

“Bastards.” Hoya scolded as he crossed over them to Soo Mi.

He untied her gently and covered her ripped uniform with his jacket.

“I am sorry that I came late.” Hoya apologised as he looked down at her state.

“It’s alright …” Soo Mi managed a weak smile and reassured him.

Luckily, before the men succeeded in poor Soo Mi, Hoya barged in. His appearance was that timely.

“Thank you.” Soo Mi whispered as a tear fell.

Hoya wiped it off with his thumb and hugged her gently. It was as if he was afraid to crush her in his embrace. Soo Mi shut her eyes and enjoyed the warmth from the hug. Then, a girl entered the scene.

“Ho-Hoya oppa?” She stuttered with her widened mouth.

Hoya released Soo Mi and stood up facing her.

“It has been a long time, Hannah.” Hoya said coldly.

“You…you still remembered me…” Hannah said in a shaky voice.

“Yes, I do.” Hoya replied.

Smiling, Hannah ran forward and hugged Hoya. Tears fell from her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him more tightly. All along, she thought Hoya had forgotten about her when they went to different high schools. She decided to stay in the dark and watch over him because she was afraid. She was afraid he might have forgotten about the girl who accompanied him in elementary times. She was afraid he could not recognise her anymore. Therefore, she hid herself from him and only looked at him from a corner. That was enough for her. Then, Hoya broke the hug.

“Oppa?” Hannah called out to him as she looked up at him.

“Why did you do that, Hannah?” He asked without any expression on.

“Because I love you.” Hannah confessed as she stared at the unfamiliar Hoya before her.

“Hannah, how could you do this to Soo Mi? You do know that she is innocent…” Hoya reprimanded.

“No. She deserved it. I had warned her many times not to get so close to you but she did not heed my advice. It is all her fault. She is such a .” Hannah scolded as she stared at Soo Mi.

Soo Mi shook her head at her. She still didn’t get it after all. Hannah still thought that everything she did was right.

“Hannah, don’t do that anymore.  Don’t hurt Soo Mi anymore.” Hoya warned.

“Why not?!” Hannah exclaimed.

“Because… I don’t want to hate you. I like her and I want to protect her from any harm. I wouldn’t forgive anyone who hurts her… including you.” Hoya said coldly.

Hannah froze at his words.

“Hate… me?” Hannah thought as her legs buckled under her. She fell to the ground as Hoya merely turned to Soo Mi.

“Let’s go.” Hoya said as he grabbed Soo Mi’s wrist.

He pulled her away from the scene, leaving Hannah sitting on the floor, in daze. Hannah was staring into space, letting those tears flow freely down her face.

After walking for some distance, Soo Mi stopped. Hoya turned around in surprise and looked at her.

“What’s wrong?” Hoya asked.

“You didn’t have to lie to her just to protect me.” Soo Mi said and looked down.

“I wasn’t.” He clarified.

Soo Mi looked up at him in shock.

“He was serious?!” Soo Mi thought as she gulped down her saliva.

“I really… like you.” Hoya said as he leaned closer to her face.

Soo Mi widened her eyes as his lips landed softly on hers. It was a gentle touch but it was enough to stir up everything inside her. Her heart was pumping like it was on hyper-active mode and the butterflies in her stomach were probably going to die from over-exhaustion. He broke the kiss and moved back with a smile on his face. Soo Mi blinked twice at him before placing her hand over her lips.

“Did…did we just… kiss?!” Soo Mi stammered, unable to believe what just happened.

Hoya nodded his head and chuckled at her question.

“Let’s go. It is getting late, you know.” Hoya said as he grabbed her hand and continued walking.

Walking down the street, a sweet smile emerged on both of their faces.


Author's Note:
Hey there !:D Thanks for reading "Because she loves him" Final chapter !^^
Thank you so much for staying with me up till the end:)
I seriously love you subscribers, those who commented and even silent readers!:D
Hope you enjoyed reading the fic and will drop me a comment below?:)
This is my first short-chaptered fic and I will be writing another one as a sequel to "You laughed... at me." (:
Here is the link to my second upcoming short-chaptered fic: "Turn of the tide."
I would be thankful if you support me :D!
Anyways, thank you so much for reading~ <3