Cornered

Because she loves him

Soo Mi held onto Hoya’s purple jacket and waited for him by his locker. She knew he had the habit of going to his locker every morning. Still feeling the warmth of the jacket, she smiled. Looking down, she started day dreaming about Hoya.

“You… looking for me?” A familiar voice sounded.

“Woah.” Soo Mi was pulled back to reality as she jumped back a little and bumped into the lockers.

“Haha…” Hoya laughed at her cute reaction.

“Oh… That is… Thank you.” Soo Mi said as she held out his jacket shyly. Her cheeks turned red as she looked down at her shoes.

“You are welcome.” He said with a breathtaking smile and took it back from her.

Hoya took his things from his locker and was about to leave. Then, he realised that she was still standing there.

“You are not going to your class? The bell has gone off.” He reminded.

“Oh!” Soo Mi came back to her senses and ran off hurriedly to her class.

“This girl…” he laughed as he looked at her run off clumsily.

 The girl with her fringe covering her face was staring with her fist clenched.

“That is gaining too much of Hoya’s attention. We have got to do something.” She said coldly before walking off.

“We know what to do already.” The leader of the same group from before replied respectfully.

“R…I…N…G…~” The school bell went off signifying the end of the day.

Soo Mi skipped out of her class clutching onto her bag. She was in high spirits throughout the day for talking to Hoya in the morning. It was a good start to her day. However, she did not know what was awaiting her at the end of the day. Entering the stairs lobby, she spotted the group of girls from before. They were obviously ambushing someone and Soo Mi had a bad intuition that it was her. She turned away, pretending not to see them.

As she opened the door to leave, a hand slammed on the door from behind forcefully. It was the leader.

“Not so fast. We are not done with you yet.” She said with an evil smirk as she pushed Soo Mi away from the door.

Her frail body was thrown to the wall for the umpteenth times. She was slapped by them harshly till her cheeks turned swollen. Veins were surfacing on her skin as she turned weaker than before. She was apparently not strong enough to fight back. The leader grabbed her by her hair strongly and leaned closer to her face, threateningly.

“! Get this message straight into your brain. Screw off and stop pestering Hoya! Heard me?” The leader pushed her other index onto Soo Mi’s head roughly.

“What’s wrong with…. liking him?” Soo Mi asked with her trembling voice as tears flowed out of her bruised eyes.

“Are you asking for death?!” the leader yelled as she held her fist high, ready for another attack. Soo Mi shut her eyes and braced herself for another blow.

Then, a hand grabbed onto hers. It was Hoya.

“What are you people doing?!” He shouted as he flung her hand away, angrily.

Soo Mi’s legs collapsed beneath her as the leader let go of her.

“Stop it right away! Don’t you know that bullying is an offence in school?!” Hoya scolded as he glared at the girls.

“Let’s go.” The leader said as she turned and left.

The others followed her down the stairs. Hoya squatted down to her level and held onto Soo Mi.

“Park Soo Mi, you fine?” he asked as he shook her shoulders lightly.

“I am… fine.” Soo Mi replied softly, with a weak smile.

“I will bring you to the infirmary.” Hoya said as he cradled her in his arms.

She fit into his muscular arms perfectly. Hoya made his way down the stairs, checking down on her once in a while. Standing at the level above, the girl stared as the two made their way down.

“.” She muttered as she slammed hard at the railings of the stairs. The purple bell on her keychain rang as her bag vibrated from her blow.

“What happened?” the person in-charge at the infirmary asked worriedly.

“She…” Hoya spoke but was interrupted.

“I fell from the stairs.” Soo Mi lied.

Hoya looked down at her in surprise. Soo Mi nodded her head with another faint smile.

“That is so careless of you. Come on, bring her to the bed.” The person gestured to Hoya.

Placing her gently down on the bed, Soo Mi flinched a little as her wound touched the bed. Hoya took the medicine box from the person and placed it beside him. Soo Mi sat on the bed and looked at him treat her grazed knees with care. His every on her wound was so gentle as if her bone would break if he exerted more force.

“Does it hurt?” he asked.

“Nope.” Soo Mi lied as she clenched onto the bed sheet, trying not to shout.

“Yea, right.” Hoya teased as he stared at her hand which was grabbing onto the sheets.

“Heh.” Soo Mi laughed embarrassedly.

Hoya held the cotton bud with medication close to her face, trying to treat the bruises on her face.

“It’s okay, I will do it.” Soo Mi said as she took over him.

Her heart was probably going to break free of her veins and jump out if he continued doing that for her at that distance.

After applying the medication, Hoya stared at Soo Mi.

“Why did you not report them?” he asked.

“It will be better this way. More troubles will arise if I told the truth.” She explained softly.

“You are not going for afternoon lessons?” Soo Mi asked Hoya as she glanced at the clock.

“Oh.” Hoya exclaimed.

“Will you be fine by yourself?” he asked in concern.

Soo Mi nodded her head and smiled.

“Give me your phone.” Hoya demanded.

“Wae?” Soo Mi asked as she took out her phone.

Hoya grabbed it from her and saved his contact number inside.

“Call me if you need help.” He said before leaving.

“She is really different. Most girls would probably be ing away, crying or cursing if they were in her shoes…” Hoya thought as he left the infirmary.

Soo Mi brought her legs closer to her chest and smiled idiotically as she stared at his number on her phone screen.

“Hehe… I have Hoya’s number!! But… Why do I always hear that ringing sound whenever I am in trouble? Could it be that… I am hallucinating?” Soo Mi thought to herself.

 

Author's Note:
Hey! :D New chapt update^^ How is it?:)
Please comment/ subscribe? (:
Hope you enjoyed reading. Thank you for reading ~