First.

One round.

“Thank you uncle.”, SungKyung said her thanks when HyoSeop passed the cash to the driver. The entire car ride was in silence. No one spoke a word. She followed close behind him as they stepped into the gate. Before they went seperate ways, SungKyung overtook him and pulled him by his wrist into the main house. She made him seat on the living room’s couch. She hushed him when he try to make a move. She came back with the medical box. Not wanting to wake everyone up, she did not on the lights. Bending to his height as she took care of his wound where the blood has dried up. “Sorry...”, she said when he jerked away in pain. Her cool breath touched his skin when she gave a light blow as she applied the medication on him. Her eyes were anywhere but on his. She’s still the same old her when dealing with him in the past. “It’s done.. have a good rest...”, she said as she packs up the area. She didn’t realised he’s following her til she turned and came straight into his chest. “Do you need something?”, SungKyung asked as he walked towards her til her back reached the cabinets.

Her eyes sparkles in the dark corner where he’d trapped her. “Excuse me if there’s nothing else..”, she tried to walk away but he wasn’t moving off. She panicked when there’s noise coming down from upstairs. HyoSeop covered her with his broad frame. Her toes touching his were fidgeting. The shadow took some water and headed upstairs again. She let out a breath. It happen in that second. HyoSeop tilted her chin upwards. His lips descended on hers. SungKyung reaction was immediate. She tried pushing him away but his strength was much stronger than hers. She kept her lips tightly shut. Just when she thought it’s over and took a deep breath, he went for it again. This time she has no chance to block him off. He circled his arms around her, bringing her flush against his frame. His t*ongue slipped through her lips at the opportunity. Her fist repeatedly hitting on his chest as he dominates her t*ongue. She soon let her guard down as she curiously reciprocated his advances. She heard him g*roaned and was afraid she did something wrong. Instead, he hugged her tighter, their kisses intensified. HyoSeop couldn’t stop. Every tiny move or sound she makes excites him. His heart can’t stop pumping fast. Both separated breathlessly. SungKyung took the chance and escaped. HyoSeop cursed.

 

As if nothing happened between, SungKyung manged her shop as usual. She did not seek attention from HyoSeop or tried to get into his good books. Everything was back to normal, as if the kiss never happened. He’s frustrated. SungKyung knows best to not get involve with the boy she barely able to forget after so many years. She couldn’t sleep that night. Her thoughts were all about him kissing her. And her kissing him back. “For a first kiss... it wasn’t that bad huh Lee SungKyung..”, she muttered to herself before sleep claimed her senses.

 

The Ahn family organised a company event at a upscale villa. HyoSeop invited his friends, who further extended the invite to outsiders. It was SungKyung’s day off where her shop is closed. She took the chance and decorated the area. She robbed SooHyuk in for help. The adults met the dentist formally. “Hello uncle auntie. I’m Lee SooHyuk. Nice to meet you again?” The young man bowed respectfully. Her parents hugged him which surprised him. “Welcome son! Sorry to trouble you again... my daughter is a troublemaker huh..”, SungMin teased. “Dad!”, SungKyung opposed. They laughed together. “This is my second family. The Ahn’s”, SungKyung introduces. “Why bother introducing to them.... they have to pay for his service though...”SungMin joked. “Hello boy. This girl here is a jem!”, HyoJoon encouraged. SungKyung rolled her eyes. These old folks never stops at it. SooHyuk felt welcomed. He missed the jealous sight of one boy standing at the pavilion looking down at them. She smiled when many enjoyed the floral arrangemt and was taking plenty of pictures. “SungKyung ahhhh you made this place so beautiful!!!! Stop working! You’re a guest too! Look at your father!”, Uncle HyoJoon called out when he spotted the hardworking girl.

“Hey HyoJoon! Here! Hurry!” She shaked her head in embarrassment when her father shouted out for his bestfriend. “It’s so hot, enjoy the pool! No one is using it... take a break.. chill with SoohHyuk...”, he took off and joined her father. The old pair would be seen as gay partners if they are not married with kids. HyoSeop has been keeping a lookout for SungKyung. He saw her fussing over her favorite greens. He saw how his foolish dad gushes over her. “Hey. Let’s head to the pool!”, his group called out. “SungKyung noona!!!!! Ah, your friend?”, JiYong saw the beauty instantly. He gawked at both of them. She’s slim and slender in her modest two piece swimsuit while the older man has defined abs showcased in his board shorts. “Hey! This is SooHyuk. My working partner for the day. Now we are both skieving a little while...”, she told the young man. “Hi! I’m JiYong. Nice to meet you hyung!” SooHyuk nodded at the youth. “Good to be young huh... how old are they? 24? Where has all my younger days been to....”, he complained. “To dentistry!”, she laughed at him. He pushed her into the pool. HyoSeop watched with jealous eyes.

 

SooHyuk and SungKyung joined HyoSeop’s group as they mingled together. Guys were mostly interested in SungKyung. The girls were jealous. “I see everyone does have a flaw somewhere.... Unni.... the scar on your back is hideous! What happen?!”, some girl exclaimed. That made SungKyung uncomfortable. She started to be self conscious of her body. Her hand reached to her back. “Oh my! Guys, look! So scary!” The girls made things worse when they swept her hair off her back and exposed her scar. Before HyoSeop got to her, SooHyuk covered her back with his towel. He wrapped her shoulder with his arm and stared at the girls. They made a few steps back. SungKyung touched his hand lightly. “Chill Oppa...”, her forced smile he hated. HyoSeop recalled the incident. He was the one who gave her that scar. Now it’s back haunting him. It even gave other a chance to protect her. “Thankfully I cant see it. So I am not traumatized by it...”, SungKyung joked to eased the tension. The boys gave her a thumbs up which she playfully winked back. “Which guy can take it... I mean the first thing she better show is that. Otherwise...” SooHyuk caught their whispers and stared hard at them. He saw her scar before. He asked about it. She shared it’s a traffic accident. He recalled her asking if its ugly. He knows she’s bothered by it. He told her it doesn’t bother him. He by asking if she’s once a gangster. That’s how she got over it. Her laughter got the period over. “Any guy who love her wouldn’t mind any scars on her. Got a problem with that?”, SoohHuk coldly told the young chicks off. They stumbled away. “Oooooo hyung..... you’re the man!” The boys applauded. SooHyuk blushed. SungKyung joined the teasing while HyoSeop walked away.

 

“What....! Who....!”, SungKyung cried out when she was pulled backwards when she’s about to enter the changing room. It’s HyoSeop. He locked them in the handicap bathroom. “Turn.”, he stated. “What? Why?”, she asked. Her eyes not knowing where to look at. She has to admit. He maintains well, not losing to SooHyuk in that department with his washboard abs. He turned her around himself and swept her hair over her shoulder to her front. She resisted,”Stop it HyoSeop! What do you think you’re doing!” He held her firmly. “I’m sorry. I caused it.”, He sighed. She has never expected him to take this matter so seriously. He trembled lightly. “It’s ok... no one expected that... I’m totally cool with it... SooHyuk Oppa even thought I’m a gangster when he first saw it.”, she wants to make it seems nothing. “What did you say? You showed that man your skin?!”, HyoSeop was angry in that instant. “What’s wrong? As long my hair isn’t down and my top allows, surely anyone who stand behind me can see it..”, her explaination was accepted as he chilled a little. “Are we done with this? I need to change...”, she asked not enjoying their current situation. HyoSeop released her slightly. He looked at the scar and placed his forehead on it. SungKyung freeze. “Hey... it’s really fine....”, she tried to make him feel better. What he did next shocked her. “Hey! What! HyoSeop!” He kissed her skin, lightly along the scar. Goosebumps formed all over her body. Her knees buckled. He held her tighter. “Stop it Ahn HyoSeop!”, she bit her lips. His actions were making her feel weird. He heard her restrained mews. His meat t*hrobbed. He couldn’t take it. He released her and dashed out of the cubical. SungKyung walked out in daze.

 

While SungKyung went to change, SooHyuk stayed behind as all he need was to put on his tee shirt. The boys surrounded him. “Hyung! Is noona your girlfriend?” He smirked at the young kids,”No.. not there yet.” “Ooooh!!! That means you’re planning huh!!!” Soohyuk said nothing but grinned. “Finally! Our noona is getting herself a boyfriend! Since young, she’s been chasing after HyoSeop. But our man brushed her off like some fly. I guess he chilled a little ever since we came back from our studies..”, RyuJin shared a piece of news which caught SooHyuk’s attention. He didn’t know SungKyung has a thing with boys. She’s been single for the years he’s known her. “The scar.... is caused by HyoSeop...”, JaeRim added. SooHyuk didn’t know both of them has a history together as he listened on. “But noona stopped playing with us after awhile. I mean HyoSeop isn’t one of the nicest person to begin with.. only we can stand him right?”, JiYong joked.

 

“Are you and SooHyuk together?”, her mother asked. SungKyung looked surprised. “No! He’s like a brother mom!” Her mother looked at her worriedly. “Girl I can tell you he’s not looking at you as his sister. How dumb can you be?! You’re gonna be single for life like that!”, her mom exclaimed. “Hey! Where are you dragging me to..... mom!!”, SungKyung called out. “Listen everyone! This girl here dosent know SooHyuk likes her as a woman! Can anyone of you drill some sense into her?!”, her mom took her to the main house where the adults are having tea at. They laughed. “What do you expect? She’s a woodblock my dear wife! I told you so!”, her dad stated. The whole discussion went on. None of them saw HyoSeop standing by the staircase listening. The folks were encouraging her to start a relationship. “He didn’t even say he likes me!! What’s going on with you people!”, she made it clear to all but got laughed at once more.

“And so. Think about it. What if he confess. How about you think about it now so you won’t lose your head then? Ah. Don’t say impossible my dear. Think of how he treats you, how you feel for him if he’s not in your life...”, MinHee guided her. “He’s been in my life for almost 10yrs....”,SungKyung tried to dismiss the possibilities. The adults looked at her in shock. “What?! Oh. I didn’t say? I met him when I got into university...”, she shared briefly. “That man is worth it... SungKyung...”, all nodded giving their approval. “So... I should marry him?”, she asked playfully. “Well, if you love him...”, HyoJoon stated. “Love hmmm....”, SungKyung took a minute and think. HyoSeop didn’t like her reaction. He didn’t like the fact that the man took over his space when he left. He didn’t want to acknowledge he’s the one who pushed her away since young. He didn’t want to accept that she’s choosing another person that’s not him. He doesn’t want to lose her to anyone.