New step.

One round.

SungKyung walked pass his car. She didn’t notice he’s inside. His window slightly winded down. He heard her humming to the song she’s listening to. Her voice was soothing. He now understand why his father said she sings well. Trying to get his thoughts straight, he slammed his head on the steering wheel and accidentally pressed on the horn. That caught her attention. She saw a figure in the car. Since it’s HyoSeop’s car, it should be him. She wondered why he’s outside at such timing. She walked over and knocked on his window. He winded down more. “HyoSeop... you ok? Why are you not going in?”, she asked. “I’m about to.. move aside please. You’re blocking.”, he answered. “Ah. Sorry.” Her words so little as if she doesn’t like talking to him. She didn’t bothered waiting for him. He had to fasten his pace to catch up to her. She turned slightly when she felt his presence but said nothing and continued her way. HyoSeop fisted seeing her taking him like some stranger.

 

The sun barely risen, he’s already standing by his window. She’s there tendering to the weeds. His eyes softened when he saw her smelling the blooming flowers. He only turned away when she disappeared from his sight. [Tonight 9pm at Clouds. RoWoon Bday celebration, DONT forget!] The group chat message he received. It’s Friday. The boys decided to get high and drunk. They planned to visit the well known clubs at Gangnam. Their reputation easily got them a table. “Hey. Why so quiet?”, Jackson nudged HyoSeop. He’s been seating at one corner sipping on his whiskey since they arrived. The rest have danced and sweat it out. “Thinking...”,HyoSeop muttered. “About work? Woman can’t be an issue.. You’re Ahn HyoSeop!”, JiYong smacked his back. HyoSeop merely grinned. ‘When she’s always there, I pushed her away... Now when I’m always appearing before her, she doesn’t give a damn...’ He sniggered at the irony. He’d started noticing SungKyung few years back after his mother showed him her pictures. He started knowing his feeling for her when he heard his father said someone going to take her off the market. Now whatever he does to be closer to her, she rejects him flatly. ‘Was that how she felt then?’ He massage his creased brows. The boys returned with girls around their arms. “Hey! What’s up man! Wet blanket? Spot that chick! She’s gorgeous! HyoSeop! Come on! Rusty?”, JiYong pointed out at the dance floor.

 

SooHyuk dragged SungKyung to a club. “Save me!” He told her he’s been forced to join some matchmaking. She sighed but agreed. She knows he dislike such events but he can’t turn down work related gatherings. They met outside the club. “Wow wow wow Lee SungKyung! Didn’t know you can dress appropriately too! I’m almost worried you’ll come in long skirt and apron!”, he t*eased her. She knuckled his head lightly. Extending his arm for her to hook onto, the tall pair easily got access to the entrance. Both dressed similar, white top and deniem jeans. SooHyuk paired with boots while SungKyung on heels. They easily towered over many. Eyes were on them and whispers were heard by SooHyuk. “Look at the couple! So tall! Their aura... whaooo..... one so handsome, one so pretty! It’s unfair! Even the bouncer let them in without q-ing!” He smirked as he looked at the still-shorter girl next to him. He lead her to his colleagues. “Yah! Lee SooHyuk! We knew it! There’s no one right! Come... there’s many here for you to choose!”, one of the more sarcastic doctor said when he only saw SooHyuk squeezing through the crowded club.

 

“Everyone, meet SungKyung. My tonight’s partner...”, SooHyuk looked back and made way for the girl to appear. She has been holding his hand tightly when the arm hooking wasn’t secured enough. He took the opportunity while she realised the need for the situation. Her clueless agreement always made him smile. ‘If she’s some rich woman, she’ll probably be cheated off many times...’ “Hello all, nice to meet you.”, SungKyung bowed slightly with a bright smile that captivated the group. SooHyuk grinned evilly at all from their shock and envious expression. When she excused herself, his colleagues pulled him between them,”Whats this! You never said anything about having a model-like girl! Does she has girlfriends of her same kind?” SooHyuk joked with them here and there til she came back. He went back to her side. She passed him a drink. He took a sip and showed her a thumbs up. She knows very well what he likes; whiskey on the rocks. Looking at hers, it’s most likely gin tonic. The whole group went on the dance floor shortly after.

 

HyoSeop blinked. It’s definitely her, Lee SungKyung. He didn’t expect her to be at a place like this. The usual demure florist no longer exist. Her hair tied in a high pony tail. The long natural waves sweeps her back. His friends did not recognize she’s the noona they’ve been asking him about. He frowned seeing her dancing with the guy he recognized from before; the cyclist. “Her partner is equally on par... those two! Look how many eyes are on them!”, JiYong said out in excitement. He didn’t noticed HyoSeop darkened aura. Taking a gulp of his remaining alcohol, HyoSeop stood up. His movement shocked the boys when they saw where he’s heading to. “That boy sure love challenges....”, they all smirked and watched on. Girls marveled at HyoSeop when he walked pass them on the dance floor. He’s a eyes candy no matter how they see it. Most tried their luck to get his attention but failed miserably. Seems like he found his prey. As SungKyung swirled, HyoSeop caught her by the waist. He saw SooHyuk stopped in track when he’s about block him from her when she called his name,”HyoSeop?!” “Yea. Why are you here? Your friend?”, HyoSeop whispered into her ears as the music was deafening. He’s gleeful that she hasn’t noticed his arm was still around her slender form.

 

SungKyung heard what HyoSeop asked and turned towards SooHyuk. She didn’t catch him frowning when she dislodged herself from his hold to reach out to the other guy. “I’m here with SooHyuk Oppa. Oppa, this is HyoSeop. Our fathers are bestfriends. The house which steps on my head every night belongs to his family.”, she introduced and shared some interesting info which SooHyuk had never heard before. He knows about the background of SungKyung, that their family has been financially indebted and she lives under someone house. Initially he disliked the idea but seeing her happy face when she told him, he realised the other family is dear to her too. He can’t believe there’s such a person who enjoys this situation. Those who’ve heard she’s poor has been f*inger pointing behind her back but she cooly brushed them off. He recalled her showing him how she does it. “Like that!”, she flips her long wavey hair off her shoulder and walked off smugly. He can’t stop laughing then. She can be a joker at times. SooHyuk reached out his hand, HyoSeop took it firmly but his stare was cold and hostile. SooHyuk didn’t like it at all. Even more so when the young boy snatched her attention back by pulling her away from him. “Do you remember the boys? They have been asking about you. Wanna say hi?”, HyoSeop asked when he pulled her not too gently away from SooHyuk’s side. The older man held his anger when he saw her raising her hand as if stopping the young boy from handling her so roughly. She turned towards him. “I’m gonna meet some old acquaintances... I’ll find you in a while Oppa. I’ll be fine!”, she flicked his forehead with her f*inger when he looked unwilling. Her giggles always made his day. He nodded and went back to his colleagues.

 

HyoSeop retained his irritation when he saw how the both interacted. He has never seen her playful side til now and it’s towards some man he doesn’t know. “Is he your boyfriend?” His height slightly taller but his lips was exactly at her ears. He’s behind her, guiding her away from the crowded dance floor to his table. He kept close to her, enjoying every moment. She looked up when she heard him. SungKyung m*outhed “no” with a ‘what nonsense are you talking about’ look. He smirked, happy at the answer she gave. His hand placed gently on her hips without her notice. “Wow! HyoSeop’s the man! He has got the girl from her boyfriend?!”, RoWoon whistled. SungKyung scanned the boys she’s known since they were kids. She smiled subconsciously. They were all mesmerized by her angelic face. “They looked the same, don’t they?”, HyoSeop ushered SungKyung to the seat next to him. With himself as the barrier from the wolves. “JiYong? Jackson? RoWoon? Right?”, she addressed them one by one. They looked shocked. “How did you know our name!?” She giggled,”I’m SungKyung. Ring a bell? The noona you guys played with?” The gang erupted with joy, couldn’t believe it’s the sister they have been asking HyoSeop about. “You this bugger! Why didn’t you tell us! Noona!!!! We have been asking about you! This fello purposely hides you! He wants you all by himself!” The boys stared at HyoSeop who merely smirked and then shrugged. She laughed at their energy. “HyoSeop isn’t one who bother such things...”, she explained and they agreed. They didn’t catch HyoSeop’s brow creased with disagreement on her statement.

 

“Your girls?”, SungKyung asked candidly. They denied strongly and whispered,”found here! Nothing serious!” She gave out a sly smile nodding. She stayed more than 30mins and felt she’s away for too long when her phone vibrated. It was SooHyuk. He’d sent her a crying emoticon. HyoSeop caught her smile as she looked at the text message. He saw the content. He saw the name of the sender. He looked out, that man somewhere in the crowd. “You guys enjoy... I gotta head back to my friends side... have fun! Catch up again yea kids?”, SungKyung stood up. The boys reluctantly said their byes. HyoSeop held her back by the wrist. She looked at him. “When you are done call me. I’ll call the driver to send us back. I drove here.”,he told her. “It’s fine. I can get home myself... Oppa will send me...”, once again she rejected his offer. “I say... just call me!”, he raised his voice slightly. She frowned at that instant. The boys and girls watched the two anxiously. “Are they together? Is this one of their common couple fights?”, one girl asked. The boys hushed them. “I’m old enough to get home myself. Don’t command your do and donts on me.”, SungKyung stepped closer to HyoSeop as she said so. She didn’t want people seeing her reprimanding him like a child. His eyes were on fire at her resistance to comply. He took the phone in her hand and dailed his number. “I’ll call you then!”, he said and ignored her by taking a seat back. She gave him no second look but said her byes nicely to the rest. “What’s up with you?”, RoWoon asked. “Nothing....”, he looked at the number and saved it. He finally has her number.

 

The boys drank and merried. HyoSeop drank moderately. It’s already 3am. SungKyung did not call him. He looked out and saw she’s still around and sober. He felt it’s about time to go. He head towards the restroom and was suddenly pushed against the wall. “What the hell....!” He shouted out. “Opps. Sorry. Hey handsome, what’s your name?”, a girl barely dressed plastered her body on him. He felt disgusted. “Move away.” He said irritatedly. “Come on... play with me... I won’t dissappoint you....”, she tried to seduce him. “Don’t touch me s*lut!”, HyoSeop flare up. “What did you call me?! Oppa!!!!! This man called me a !”, the girl called for help. A guy shorter but well built appeared.”What did you call my girl?” “A s*lut?”, HyoSeop repeated. SungKyung heard the commotion as she’s washing her hands. As she stepped out, she saw HyoSeop being collared by another. “Hey! What are you doing! Release him!”, She ran towards them. “None of your business lady! Don’t be a busybody!”, the girl pulled SungKyung’s hair backwards. HyoSeop’s eyes turned demonic when he saw her fall to the ground. He pushed the man off easily and reached towards SungKyung. “How dare you disregard me!”

HyoSeop was punched in the face by the punk when his attention was solely on SungKyung. His lips bleeded. He looked at the man and kicked him in his stomach. He kneeled down by HyoSeop’s one move. “You okay? You’re bleeding!”, SungKyung worries over him as he held her up. He saw her arm bruised from the fall. The bouncers came, SooHyuk came. They gathered outside the club. “Don’t touch me!”, HyoSeop rejected all help. “At least you didn’t fall on your teeth..”, SooHyuk joked. SungKyung knuckled his head but laughed together. “Let’s get you home...”, SooHyuk continued. “She’s with me.”, HyoSeop interrupted. “Oppa. I’ll take his car. He’s injured..”, SungKyung relented. SooHyuk unwillingly nodded when he saw her tired body language. He knows she’s a person who cares and wants minimal issues. The boy is a headache he could see. He can see that they arnt close but somehow he felt pricks coming from the young man. “Alright. Text me when you’re home hn?”, he bid her goodbye. The girl smiled apologetically and asked him to do the same too. HyoSeop rolled his eyes,”Let’s go already!”