chapter two

YOUNG NATION
chapter TWO
SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS : NOT TEAR DOWN NASAN
 
"Wait, wait wait, guys, calm-" Hyein attempted to calm the herd of hyenas charging straight for her, but of course, animals don't listen. The rest of the Young siblings body slammed straight into Hyein. The blonde haired girl was lucky to not go flying - since she was enveloped in the center of the big group hug.

"We missed you so much Youngin!!" Saemi had a big grin on her face, until she remembered the bag of chips in her arms that were squished between her and Hyein. Saemi instinctively started shoving and pushing to get out of the circle to check on her baby. Her actions broke the group hug - it went on for far too long for the comfort of some of the young siblings anyways.
 
Of course, the bag of chips were all crumbled causing Saemi to release a dramatic sobbing sound. Most of the Young siblings disregarded her theatrics to focus on Hyein, minus Siwoo.
 
The boy snatched the bag of chips from Saemi's hands and started pouring the chips into his mouth, talking in between mouthful of chips, "You do know crumbled chips can still be eaten right? They all end up in the same place anyways." Siwoo's one line offended both the foodie, Saemi, and one of the resident chef, Hyein. And believe me, the girl would have given Siwoo a whole case of facts if Insoo didn't pull Hyein to the side.
 
"I missed you so much!" Insoo ruffled Hyein's hair a little and the girl was about to end this man's career if it wasn't because Insoo pulled Hyein for another big bear hug, successfully muffling her voice. Hyein knew she missed her family a teeny bit, but Insoo's strong hold on her made her realize that was a lie. She ing missed her family so much. Hyein brought her arms around Insoo's back, returning his strong hug with hers.
 
When Insoo finally let go, Hyein saw that some of the other Young siblings had lined up to give her a hug with Chulsoo second in line. He had a cheeky smile on his face per usual. Hyein for a second, thought she knew what it felt like being the Santa Claus in those malls that take pics with kids and stupid teens. Hyein groaned, there was no way she was getting out of this. Having this moment with her siblings is nice but you know what else is nice? Lying in a ing bed after the horrid trip and time it took her to get to Nasan. She had gotten on a plane and landed about 3 hours later which was fine.
 
The issues started to arise after she landed. First, all the staff did do was welcome her to Nasan but provided 0 assistance when she asked about where the baggage claim was. When she finally found it, the luggages didn't show up until two hours later. When she left the airport, it took like 50 minutes (it was really 5 minutes) for a ing taxi to pull up. But the driver had the ing nerves to kick her out when she asked if he accepted credit cards for payment. It's 2020, who carries cash anymore?!
 
So it took another 15 minutes for another taxi drive to show up. Hyein learned from experience and kept shut after telling the driver her destination. Lucky for her, Insoo was there to save the day when she arrived at the 1 star hotel looking place - honestly, 1 star is being generous. Hyein goaned again for the nth time that - she ing hated it here already.
 
d7c408c55732d5624931f12101b755d8f4467da0v2_00.jpg
 
Jeongyeon breathed in the fresh air as she stepped out of the airport, an alluring smile donned on her face. Excitement to see her family again was an understatement. The girl quicky hailed down a cab - she was lucky the cab driver just dropped someone off at the airport. She gave the driver the location of the hotel Insoo gave her then relaxed into the seat, admiring Nasan. Along the way, Jeongyeon striked up conversation with the driver, spazzing about the large acres of green and farmland, the beauty of the blue sky, and even the cute bikes she saw most people riding. generating a friendly atmosphere between the two.
 
"Are you here for vacation? By yourself?" 

"No, I'm here on vacation with my family. Maybe you've heard of them. Young Insoo is my big brother." Jeongyeon remembers all the stories Insoo told her about Nasan from the big peach tree sitting in the center of the town to the vibrant artworks scattered across the town's homes. Insoo always had a glow to him when he talked about his younger days helping out their grandpa at Young Nasan. Jeongyeon doesn't have many memories of their harabeoji since he passed away when she was young but she knew Nasan held many precious memories for the two of them (her grandpa and Insoo).
 
Hearing the name Young come out of excited the driver. "Young Insoo?! That brat is back in town? He must have grown up a lot now! It's been more than 10 years since he came back!" Jeongyeon knew the driver was being friendly and it was obvious he was well acquainted with her brother - but the nerves of this old man to call Insoo a brat?! Who the freak did he think he was?
 
"Insoo oppa isn't a brat! He currently manages Young Seoul with flying colors and was even able to secure 15 franchising deals. A big part of what we are today is credits to him!" The taxi driver laughed at Jeongyeon's defensive proclamation of Insoo's glorious days.
 
"I didn't mean any harm by that. Last time I saw him, he was a kid this height," the driver placed his hand at his chest as a measurement. "It's great to hear that he's doing so well. He always made the town lively with laughter. Everyone was more sad about him moving out than Young Nasan closing!" Jeongyeon smiled fondly hearing the praises for the eldest. He always joked around saying the town nearly held a funeral for him moving because he was that loved. Jeongyeon always thought mans was speaking out of his damn but it seems like it's true and Insoo just exaggerated a crap ton. 
 
"What was he like as a kid?? Did he cause chaos everywhere he went??" The two got into an excited chat comparing the Insoo back then and the Insoo now. The time Young gramps caught Insoo smoking for the first time and how he was wheezing from inhaling the smoke and then choked when he tried to dash off. He ended up on his knees, unable to fight back when gramps gave him a beating with the spatula in his hand. 
 
Or the time when he dramatically confessed to a girl in the middle of the soccer field like something straight out of a kdrama. He got turned down publically but continued to pursue the girl relentlessly. No one knows what happened to them since they both moved away from Nasan around the same time. 
 
The 2 hour ride from the airport felt really short as Jeongyeon made a friend out of the driver.
 
"Miss, what is your name? You told me about every Young sibling but forgot to introduce yourself!"
 
"I'm Young Jeongyeon! Thank you so much for driving me here. Can I call you directly if I need a lift in the future?"
 
"I can never say no a Young Sibling! Tell Insoo I said hi and to swing by the taxi station to greet all of us old folks. I have another client to run to so I'll see you next time." The driver took Jeongyeon's luggage out of the trunk, waved, and climbed back into his car to head to his next destination.
 
520f4f7afc414de0a33c96f509cc1594.jpg
"Can you stop at the crossroad ahead?," Soyi shouted to the farmer from her seat in the back of the pick up truck. She ran into this guy on her way out from the airport. Since she didn't see any taxi in sight and she wasn't sure how long it'll take for another to get here, the girl made her way to her second best option - a farmer driving a truck that just dropped off fresh produce for the airport restaurants. The driver was visibly concerned when the intimidating girl walked up to him. She has a fierce gaze and tattoos that lined her body - the most prominent one being the half sleeve tattoo on her right arm. The man honestly thought he was about to get robbed or something. 
 
This was a typical reaction Soyi got from the more elder folks as if she was the devil incarnate. Although tats are becoming more mainstream in Seoul, she understands that Nasan is in the country side where views may be more traditional. She threw on a friendly smile instead, telling the man she was here on vacation with her family but got separated by accident. Although the man still felt skeptical, did not want to leave a young lady out there all by herself if what she said was true. She was also in a black tube top and short mini skirt. He didn't see a bag or anything on her besides the phone and passport in her hand. No sane girl would have just flew in from who knows where without any luggage and deemed her story true.
 
The driver went to the front of the car to open the passenger seat for her only to be stopped by the girl. 'I appreciate your generosity. I'm okay sitting in the cargo area." The driver was bewildered by her sudden statement and was going to press on the matter but the girl already leaped into the cargo area, legs dangling off the door that was put down to unload the boxes before.
 
"That's dangerous-"
 
"No it's perfectly safe. I've done this before. No need to worry about me, you can drive as you normally do." The man's mouth almost fell to the ground in shock. This girl was definitely trouble. 
 
"At least put the cargo door up. The road ahead can get pretty bumpy." Understanding that this was out of concern for her safety, Soyi moved back more into the cargo area so the man can put up the door. And then the duo were on their way until Soyi randomly shouted at the driver to let her off. They were about another 30 minute drive away from the motel she mentioned. But per her request, the driver stopped the truck. Soyi put her weight on the cargo railing before hopping over the side to land on her feet. 
 
Soyi walked up to the driver still sitting in his truck with the windows down, thanking him for his help and offering him whatever cash she had on her when she ran out of the apartment. Luckly for her, she always kept 200,000 KR in her phone. For emergencies. The driver was shocked at the bills she just handed him and refused profusely. A cab lift from the airport to the motel wouldn't have costed more than 50,000 KR and yet here she is, offering 4x more than that. He didn't even send her to the motel!
 
Soyi stubbornly stuffed the money in his hands and thanked him again before walking off, along the trail. She admired the open fields and excitement started to brew as she wondered what awaits her in the future. Adventure was calling her name and if she didn't follow it, she would not be Soyi.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 author's note  ch2 finally out ft. the 3 siblings i've neglected for so long. i'm so sorry i died right after i said i'm picking this up again. it has been a crazy yr lol but i missed writing so i think i'm back now! if you're still around, pls lmk, esp if you'd like to make any adjustments to your apps. also i recently watched hometown cha cha cha and will def be drawing inspo from there on the town's lifestyle. anyways, welcome back and i'm excited to continue the chaos that is the young family! see you in ch4 where i'll announce roommates and all young sibs getting together! i wanted to see who's still around before setting up roommates.