chapter one

YOUNG NATION
chapter one
first order of business : make it to nasan in one piece
 
"For Christ's sake, can you guys get a move on already?! It takes approximately 8 hours to drive down there and with you rascals in tow, expect the time to double." Insoo hollered from the top of the car with the megaphone in his hands. He could see his siblings' shoulders slump even closer to the ground, as if that was even possible. The string of groans, protests, and even some profanity was more than enough to see that most of them didn't even want to go on this so called family summer vacation. And honestly, Insoo did not give a rat's . He was going to make sure the siblings enjoy this trip one way or another. Just have to force them to Nasan before that can happen. Besides, he wasn't stupid enough to actually drive down there. The siblings will make him pop a blood vessel before they even get out of the city. He just wanted to with them a little. Since there was going to be so much to do, Insoo purchased flight tickets which really only takes them an hour to get to Nasan. 
 
Jinsol, Huisoo, and Joowon were helping with the luggages as the men in the family. Chulsoo on the other hand, shamelessly tossed his luggage into the pile as he skipped off to steal shotgun. In the other van that Insoo was not driving. Chulsoo loves the eldest obviously, but he'd much rather not have to hear Insoo nag them for the long drive down to Nasan. Chulsoo conveniently grabbed some snacks when he passed by Inna and Saemi's stash of goods.
 
Of course, both of the girls were too busy yelling and chasing the youngest to notice, saving Chulsoo from the calamity to befall himself. Instead, he watched from his seat as the two sisters chased Shiwoo, for "accidentally" breaking their camera. The newest model camera for their mukbangs. Pissed off would be an understatement to explain the girls' feelings right now. Shiwoo flew and jumped around with the help of all the luggage laying around, leaving the two foodies far from being able to catch him.

"You guys look like a bunch of baboon asses with how red your faces are," Shiwoo choked out between fits of laughter, standing triumphantly atop one of the suitcases in the middle. The little remark sparked a bigger fire in the girls'. They gave each other a look, the same idea telepathically conveyed, kicking the luggage from where they were standing, leading to a domino effect. The luggages fell down one by one and the poor youngest wasn't able to fly past the line of luggages in time to not get caught in the catastrophe. Shiwoo groaned with half an eye open as he cradled his back that hit the floor only to see the two sisters hovering over him with the biggest sneer.  
 
Inhae watched everything unfold, feeling apologetic that Shiwoo got hurt, even if he brought it upon itself. So the girl ended up running up to the older two sisters, dragging them away into the van with Insoo. Inna and Saemi were ready to pounce on the intruder only to soften up immediately and let themselves be dragged away by the second youngest. Because no one says no to baby Inhae if they don't want the whole Young family hot on their asses. And this rule holds true even for one of their own.

"Wait wait wait. I'm not even done getting ready. I only ran out here because I heard Shiwoo stole our camera," Saemi gently removed Inhae's hold on her arm to scramble back into the house. She still hasn't done her 15 step make up regime. At least she was dressed though. So if she was quick enough, maybe she'll finish in 2 hours?
 
Yeah, that wasn't going to happen, everyone made sure of that as the whole family came together to drag the ffth Young sibling into the van. They ended up carrying her like a plate of fresh sashimi. In order to silent the screaming and cussing girl being carried away like a sacrifice to the gods, Chusoo stuffed the sausage in his hand into . Saemi immediately stopped screaming as the taste of the snack stole her attention. This was one of her favorite snacks. So good. Wait. Where the did they get this. Because she knows for sure that she packed a box with her on this trip.  

Saemi peered over to the mess of the luggages to see the snacks box opened up. Saemi raised her head to look around for the culprit - Chulsoo was waving from the side as he ate one snack after the other in such a relaxed manner it pissed her the hell off. And Saemi began to yell and scream some more. Jinsol and Inhae were in charge of keeping Saemi from escaping the car when they successfully tossed her in. And while Saemi was mad enough to kill everyone, Inhae and Jinsol is outside the everyone box. Saemi just fumed and ranted a bunch to the two younger siblings while they tried their best to calm her down.

Joowon instructed the others around to continue piling the luggage into their vans while he went into Saemi's room to retrieve her makeup bag. Some items were already on her desk so Joowon made sure to close the lids and put them into the bag too. Joowon even went ahead and grabbed one of the plushie laying around Saemi's bed. Hopefully that will help ease some of the girl's anger. When Joowon stepped outsite, it was now Inna chasing and yelling at Chulsoo who was laughing while downing another snack from the snack box. Chulsoo escaped into the van that Insoo was in while Inna clamored in behind and tried to attack Chulsoo from there.

"Oppa! He stole our damn snacks. He's a crook!!! Look at the poor box! It's half gone before we even left the house!!!"  Inna was exasperated as she pointed at the snack box that fell on it's side. No snacks spilled to the floor since there wasn't much left of it. Insoo glared at Chulsoo who decided to just ignore his glares, having experienced it once too many times. Chulsoo saw Inna's face expression from the mirror, the girl looked ready to cry and that was when he felt guilt-ridden. Chulsoo sighed then turned around to Inna, giving her the hoard of snacks in his arms.

"I promise I'll buy you a ton of snacks in Nasan."

"With what money can I ask?," Insoo interjected.

"Of course, Joowon's! Or Huisoo's!"

"So technically, it's just them buying it for me..." Inna sounded about done with the third eldest's .

"Just know in the end, you'll get your snacks back. Sometimes, the ends justify the means, right."

Huisoo piled into the car next to Inna as if on cue, "Everyone's set to go now, Hyung." Inna was ready to expose Chulsoo but the eldest sibling spoke first.

"Okay, guys. Put on your seatbelts because it's going to be a bumpy ride." Insoo instructed, made sure everyone had their seatbelts on before heading out. Then it hit Chulsoo. Why the did he end up in Insoo's van? Chulsoo peered into the other family van next to them. Joowon was driving the car. Jinsol, Inhae, and Saemi were sitting in the back. Shiwoo was sitting shotgun, playing around with the radio and the windows to be a nuisance. Chulsoo could also see Shiwoo belting out notes to whatever song was on the radio. Everyone in this car might even faintly hear the monkey's screeching if they paid attention.
 
Chulsoo watched Shiwoo in envy. Man, that was supposed to be his seat. And he was supposed to be having that much fun. In that van.  Chulsoo only sighed and slumped into the shotgun seat. Insoo quirked an eye at Chulsoo's reaction, noting to himself to ask him if anything was wrong when it's just the two of them later. Insoo had already received confirmation from Jeongyeong and Hyein that they were making their way over to Nasan from their respective locations in Japan and Paris. Soyi still hasn't given him an actual answer but Insoo had hope that Soyi will be there. And the Young siblings will finally be altogether again.
 
 
 
 
 
 author's note  Hey guys, here is the super delayed chapter one. I'm doing slow character reveals because I want to add them in naturally, rather than throw a ton of info about 11 characters into the mix right off the bat. I'm sorry if you did not see a lot of your character in this chapter, but everyone will get their time to shine. Anyways, hope ya'll enjoyed this update. I will be adding the cast page soon so that it will hopefully be easier to remember the characters.