Chapter 6

Falling in Lawve
Please log in to read the full chapter

Their trip back home was not disturbed by anything in particular, besides the occasional flight turbulences and the stewardess asking if they need anything more. From Jennie’s point of view, Jongin seemed way, way too quiet compared to his usual self. Not wanting to be nosy, Jennie didn’t ask anything and so they spent their flight time separately, doing anything but interacting.

 

 

Monday morning, Jennie’s sleep was again disturbed by the warm rays of sun as she, once again, forgot to put her eye-mask on before going to bed. To her surprise, she didn’t meet Jongin half- on the hallways again, but he was fully dressed and waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs, next to the door, with a serious and smile-less look on his face.

 

The short girl noticed that ever since they came back, the male behaved a somehow weird, way quieter and not interested anymore in Jennie’s activities. The girl tried her hardest to refresh her memory and think of all her actions back during the trip, but she could recall nothing mean coming from her towards him.

 

Stepping out of the elevator, Jennie’s eyes met Roseanne’s who seemed a bit uneasy, so the shorter lady arched a brow, crossing her arms.

 

“You really didn’t fire her, did you?” she asked her blonde friend, with a small sigh

“Just this once, Jen. Let is slip just this once. How are you doing, Jongin? Haven’t seen you in a while!” Roseanne smiled as she focused her attention on the male, but he only gave her a small smile and nodded his head. “Alright. Jennie, meet me in my office? We need to uh- discuss company stuff yes.”

“This early?” Jennie looked at her confused then at Roseanne’s insistent look she replied, “Okay yeah fine I’m coming. Jongin please put this on my desk.”

 

After handing Jongin a bunch of papers and her bag, Jennie followed Roseanne inside her office where she the smoke glass walls. Both of them sat on the couch, where it seemed that Roseanne was already prepared with coffee and treats.

 

“I thought this was a company stuff meeting.” Jennie watched Roseanne take a cookie, once again confused

“Of course it is… not. Now tell me, what happened during the trip? And why is Jongin so gloomy, what did your stubborn single do again?”

“I did nothing, that’s the thing. I mean I did stuff, but it wasn’t mean and he enjoyed all of it.” Jennie shook her head, taking the warm cup of coffee between her palms

“What kind of stuff?”

“Well we drank together and I got drunk and he carried me to bed, then on the last day we cuddled and I had a very weird dream.” Jennie took a sip, carefully, while gazing at Roseanne

“You two what!? Oh wow, Jennie, you’re bolder than I thought. But what weird dream are you talking about? Is it your ex?” the taller girl replied, a terrified look on her face

“No, no, it’s not that. I dreamed of Jongin and I. We were cuddling like how we were doing on our last day and he said he liked me. I’m telling you, it’s a weird dream.” she nodded to herself, enjoying a Lotus coffee biscuit

“Jennie, are you sure it was a dream? Jongin’s mood seems kind of… down.”

“Of course it had to be a dream!! Why would he say that so suddenly? And how would that be related to his mood?”

“Jennie…” Roseanne sighed, then continued, “If it wasn’t a dream, then maybe he is disappointed that he didn’t get a response from you, be it acceptance or rejection.”

 

Jennie left Roseanne’s office with a very uneasy feeling and, to forget about it, she drowned herself in work the entire day. She had no trips to the courtroom or any depositions or anything of that sort, so she just isolated herself in her office, checking her phone from time to time and taking a bite of food now and then.

 

On the other hand, the tall bodyguard was still as gloomy as he was in the morning. If he were to be a fly and spy on the girls in Roseanne’s office, the male would have agreed with everything the blonde had said. After all, she was right. Jennie wasn’t dreaming and Jongin definitely confessed to Jennie. ‘Maybe I chose a bad timing.’ the male thought to himself, but then again he couldn’t have known she will fall asleep. But now, how is he going to tell her again? Wouldn’t it be embarrassing for him to double-confess to his beautiful crush?

 

To take his mind off the matter, the bodyguard engaged in conversations with Jennie’s secretary, Ella. To Jongin’s surprise, he had more in common with Ella than he thought before and she was kind of funny and really kind, to the point where he actually forgot about the matter making him feel down. From her office, Jennie noticed everything and she watched them with a frown on her face, huffing a bit before turning the smoke-glass windows on and going back to her work.

 

The clock hit 6 p.m. and all the interns and o

Please log in to read the full chapter