Chapter 4

Falling in Lawve
Please log in to read the full chapter

“N-no. Roseanne I said no. How can she make such huge mistake? Do you understand I could have gotten thrown off the case if Jongin had made the call any later? N- Roseanne. NO. You can’t. I- if- Listen, you know Jo family ain’t no one from the block, they’re a chaebol family and you know how much they benefit to us every year. Can you imagine the losses we’d experience if Jongin hadn’t made that call? Roseanne you can not fire her but once I get back I’m firing her again. Enough, I arrived at the hotel.”

 

Jennie hang up her phone quite angrily, stepping out of the car and heading towards the hotel entrance, followed by Jongin who was carrying all their luggage. The hotel was huge, it had many floors and the whole property was laid on an enormous lot. Behind the glorious welcoming image, the hotel had pools, golf courses and numerous spaces for outdoor activities and relaxation. It was, after all, the Hilton Busan hotel- the best in the city, it had everything you could ever want from a hotel.

 

“Good evening. I would like to rent the penthouse.” Jennie asked, smiling

“We’re sorry miss, the penthouses are already occupied. Maybe a premium king room, ocean view?” the receptionist asked nicely, eyeing both Jennie and Jongin

“Um… how about two premium king rooms?” Jennie replied with a half smile

“We’re sorry miss, but we only have the premium king with ocean view left. It’s the Busan Film Festival right now and we’re almost full.” the receptionist responded calmly, smiling

“We’ll take that one.” Jennie replied after a few seconds of thinking, sighing and then turning back to Jongin, “You won’t mind, right?”

“No, it’s fine.”

 

They received the key and with the help of an employee they got to the last floor, under the penthouses. Their luggage was brought in by the staff and then they were left together, the door closing behind them. Jennie walked closer to the giant window, admiring the ocean and sighing. Jongin separated and moved their luggage in the closet, taking his shoes off and sitting on the couch.

“That upset to be stuck with me?” Jongin asked, jokingly

“Um- not upset, but it’s weird.” Jennie replied while turning around

“Weird? But we live in the same house.”

“Yeah, but not in the same room. It also has a king sized bed. No separate beds.” she sighed again, laying in bed, “At least it’s comfortable.”

“At the price you paid, it should be.” Jongin laughed, “But why didn’t we go to another hotel if you despise sharing a room with me so bad?”

“Please, I never used those words. I don’t despise sharing a room with you. I only like this hotel, it’s the only one on my taste.” she replied calmly

“Really? Then I take the right side of the bed.” he responded excitedly

“I hope you won’t do anything inappropriate.” she glared at him

“Do you want me to?” the male responded, turning around and smirking at her

“I’m kicking you out.” she got up, took a pillow and threw it after him.

 

Truth to be told, Jongin wasn’t minding sharing a room with Jennie at all. As the days kept passing, he was finding Jennie more and more attractive to the point he crushed on her a little bit. The male knew his feelings were going to develop more and more since he was going to be around this woman literally all day long, besides the night time which now was not an exception anymore. Who could blame him, though? Jennie, from his point of view, was perfect. She was pretty, she was smart, she was though- when she wanted to, she was cute- when she wanted to, she was understanding, she was everything Jongin wanted from a woman. Maybe he didn’t notice it in the beginning, but as the time passed and Jennie showed him more and more sides of herself, Jongin couldn’t help but come to the realization that she’s simply everything he wants.

 

Later that night, the duo ordered as much room service as their stomachs could handle, topping it off with a bottle of Moet. They weren’t celebrating anything, but Jennie was bougie per usual so expensive champagne was nothing unexpected from her. The tall man couldn’t say he wasn’t enjoying all the opportunities Jennie was giving him- after all, she was the richest boss he has ever had, and the only boss who had treated him like an actual human being from the beginning.

 

Once the bottle was empty, Jennie was obviously tipsy- and that’s because she was the one who drank the most, because Jongin barely had two glasses. Carrying her to bed and laying her down gently, Jongin had a moment where he looked closely at her face, almost giving up on his principles. But he was an educated man, he was no immature boy who would go around stealing kisses from drunk and asleep girls. Moreover, Jennie would probably sue him for ual harassment if he did it. So he decided to wait until she was sober, and maybe until he was fully deeply in love with her to confess his true feelings.

 

 

The silence that was filling up the enormous hotel room was slowly getting broken by the sound of the waves crashing on the land, birds sitting on the balcony and creating a little symphony with their tiny voices. Once dark, the room was now slowly getting lit up by the warm sunrays, which were also laying on Jennie’s bare shoulder and kissing it as the they began to fill the room up. The warmth on Jennie’s shoulder made her scrunch her nose lightly, not wanting to wake up yet. However, she was having a weird feeling and she slowly opened her eyes, holding back a gasp as she

Please log in to read the full chapter