Chapter 5

Falling in Lawve
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie had seen such scenes in movies, but she never imagined they would happen in real life and, most importantly not to her. Moreover, who would want to do this to her? As far as she remembered, she never protected anyone against thugs. Even more, she’s working with corporate law, so there’s no way in hell that they would come after her. ‘The must have gotten the wrong person, that’s it.’ she thought, nodding her head quickly to herself. ‘But how did they get into my room?’ she tilted her head, eyes widening in confusion and terror.

 

The corporate lawyer stood outside the room, her eyes tightly closed as she murmured prayers with her head tilted upwards, trying to keep her calm while hearing the groans of pain coming from her room. “JENNIE!” he heard a very familiar voice and she pressed faster than ever the green button on her already typed ‘119’.

 

Police arrived in no time, but even sooner came the hotel security. They managed to separate the two gangsters from Jongin’s bruised body. The police officers couldn’t do much, however, because they themselves were threatened by the scary-looking gangsters, they set them free in a second. Jennie threatened to sue the police, but they explained her there was nothing they could do.

 

Her bodyguard, Jongin, claimed to be feeling alright, even though the infinite bruises on his body said otherwise. Jennie had ask the hotel for a first-aid kit and some more medicine so she could treat his injuries.

 

“I would hit you, but you’ve been hit enough today.” she sighed deeply as she sat down in bed next to him, her tone sarcastic but her eyes looking sad.

“I doubt that would hurt in any way.” he replied, jokingly.

 

Somehow, Jongin managed to keep his smile on his lips contrary to the pain he was feeling. He didn’t stop being his funky self, because he thought he shouldn’t worry Jennie any more than he already did. Even though she was acting mean and sarcastic, he could feel the guilt and sadness in her voice, however he was happy he could finally do his job and get paid for actually doing something.

 

Jennie sat up as soon as she heard the knocks on her door, hurried to take the medicine and came back. “I’m lucky you’re already on your upper body.” she sighed once again, helping Jongin stand up. The lawyer was no doctor, obviously, but she knew how to treat some wounds. Opening the bottle of ointment and taking a small ball of cotton between her palms, she rolled it before dipping it into the menthol cream.

 

The room was filled with silence as Jennie slowly started to tap Jongin’s wounds. The girl did not say a word, did not make any type of noise. Jongin, on the other hand, had a dumb smile on his face as he watched the woman of his dreams treating his very painful wounds. The only thing that was being heard in the sea of silence were the occasional breaths both of them left out. Turning around with his back at her, Jennie bit her bottom lip really harshly as she brushed her fingers on the male’s dark wounds. Dipping the cotton once again in ointment, she started applying it carefully, but this time there was no silence anymore. Jennie tried to hold back her tears for very long now, but she couldn’t do it anymore. The girl choked on her own tears, starting to cry as quietly as she could while finishing up. The taller male turned around and, with a loud sigh, he emptied her hands then he gently wrapped his arms around her tiny frame. With one hand he slowly rubbed her back, meanwhile the other was tenderly caressing her long locks of hair.

 

Due to his actions, Jennie had started to cry even louder, hiding her face into his neck as she started to choke up more frequently on her tears, letting out muffled ‘I’m so sorry’ s.

 

“There, there. It’s fine. Don’t cry, hm? I’m all fine.” he whispered gently, trying to assure the fragile woman that he wasn’t in pain when, in fact, he very much was.

“N-no… you’re not. It’s a-all because- because of me…” she shook her head in denial, continuing to cry hard.

“Jennie…” he sighed, laughing a bit as well, taking her face between his huge palms and looking into her eyes. “It’s my job. I’ve had worse happen to me. But none of those times made me as happy as I was today, knowing I protected you and you’re just fine. So stop crying now, will you?” he r

Please log in to read the full chapter