Chapter 1

Falling in Lawve
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s 10 o’clock and through the huge windows of the 80-floor building, the rays of sun are annoying the interns whose legs are shaking while trying to add finishing touches to their reports. The door opens and they know that she’s coming. This is probably the scariest part of the day at Kim & Park law firm. Though the firm has two name partners, one of them is scarier than the other. Both look extremely ravishing and you could mistake them for models any time. Jennie, the one whose name comes first, is stricter with the associates and that’s not because she’s a bad person, but because she wants to shape them into future lawyers that are serious about their work. Roseanne is also strict, but because she’s known Jennie since they were in college, she knows how assure the associates that they’re going to be fine and that Jennie doesn’t mean it when she says she’s firing them.

 

“Roseanne it’s a basic subpoena!! How can they not know how to file one!?” Jennie murmured with her teeth clenched, eyes widening while questioning Roseanne and trying to get support from her

“I know it’s basic, but it’s just her first week. You didn’t- okay, you did know how file one since college but! Not all students get that chance. So how about we hold a short meeting teaching them the basics? So you won’t have to scare them again and make us lose associates again. We’re very selective anyway!” Roseanne glares at Jennie almost bossily, hoping to make Jennie understand her

“Okay, fine.” Jennie sighs and turns around towards a small office. “Katherine! Meet me in 10’.” then she turned around to the associates again, “One of our paralegals- Katherine in this case, is going to help you all understand the basics of a law firm. That being said, next time I won’t have to witness any more incompetence from either of you.” she said while looking around the whole room, making sure she made eyecontact with each and every one of the associates.

 

Walking back towards the main office, Jennie greeted her secretary, and friend, with both a sigh and eyeroll.

 

“Again?” said Ella while laying back against her chair.

“Again. I swear to God I don’t know what they’re teaching them nowadays at school.” Jennie shook her head

“Don’t worry, they’ll pick up fast.”

 

Jennie walked inside her office feeling a bit better after her short conversation with Ella, then she sat down at her desk only to have her eyes meeting another pair, sitting across the room on her beautiful black leather couch. Jennie pressed the phone button connecting her to Ella and said, “Ella haven’t you forgotten anything? Nothing much, just a small 180cm thing. Maybe?” in a passive aggressive tone. “Right! I’m so sorry, you distracted me earlier!! That’s your new bodyguard, I told him to wait in your office until you’re back.”

That was his cue. The man stood up and approached Jennie, taking out his hand towards her. She got up and approached him, taking his hand for a hand-shake only to be taken aback by the man bringing her hand up to his lips and pressing a soft kiss to the back of it. “It’s a pleasure to be working for you, miss. My name is Jongin and rest assured, you’re going to be safe around me.” he finished off with a handsome smile.

 

“I’m… I’m sure you’re going to do your job excellently, yes. Please do… um… wait outside my office. I need to concentrate. Be alert, I need to leave for court in around two hours.” Jennie replied, retrieving her hand and going back to her desk.

 

As soon as he left she checked a few files and then got up, left her office and went straight to the one across hers. Entering the office of the tall gorgeous blonde, Jennie sat down on the couch and poured herself a drink.

 

“Everything okay?” Roseanne asked while turning the page on another case.

“Yeah. Everything’s fine. Why.” Jennie asked on a quite unusual tone

Roseanne lifted her eyes from her papers and squinted slightly. “Jennie? Do you have any problems?”

“A 180cm tall one. Yes. Why? Do I seem bothered?”

“Jennie… you think he’s flirting with you, am I right?” Roseanne crossed her legs and lifted one eyebrow

“He kissed my hand, Roseanne!!!”

“He was being polite. I know it’s been years since you’ve last had a boyfriend, but why do you think that every man you meet wants to screw you? Who’s this man, by the way?”

“My new bodyguard. He’s sitting on the couch next to Ella’s cubicle, you can sneak-peak.”

Roseanne casually walked over to the glass walls of her office and waved at Jongin. “With those looks I’d mistaken politeness to flirting as well.”

“ROSEANNE!!! I told you to sneak-peak not interact with him.”

Please log in to read the full chapter