Wonwoo

Beautiful Stranger

7.30 am


Morning has been hell for him. He get sleep just for 3 hours. He wake up with bad headache, sore throat, and runny noose. Blame it all on his poor immune system. He get off his bed and go to tge bathroom to take a warm bath. Take a lot of time to browse his wardrobe but  only end up choosing a plain blue shirt and his favorite oversized black sweater. 
Wonwoo love his oversized black sweater. He loves buying his sweater bigger than his actual size. Because he can pull his sleeve up to his hand because his hand gets cold easily. 
Wonwoo never had a breakfast since he live alone. It takes to much work, he thinks. He rather spend his time to put more sleep than breakfast. Another reason is…he cant cook. The only think he can make is ramyeon. And cant probably eat ramyeon all the time right. 

 

8.00 am
Wonwoo arrive at the packed bus stop near his apartment. He find less crowded corner there. He rarely met his stranger in the morning, so he is not that disappointed when he cant find the other one . He doesn’t know where his strangers apartment is. Apparently he is not creepy enough to stalk him to his apartment. 
Wonwoo take of his glasses and massage his temple. This headache will kill him first before Seungcheol does. He take his medicine out from his bag. Apparently this happen a lot so he know the drill. His bus arrive not long after that. He get drowsy after he took his medicine, so he decide to sleep a little on the way to his office.


9.00 am
Wonwoo awake because a loud bang. Apparently one of the passenger drop his belonging in the bus. Wonwoo look outside the window and realize that it is his stop, so he  hurriedly take his bag and take off the bus. 
“That was close. I almost miss my stop“ he said to himself. He really need his dose of caffeine. That’s the only way to keeping him alive, atleast for this morning. Soonyoung had told him before to cut off his caffeine consumption and offer him with another alternative, cider, which Wonwoo think not a better solution at his problem.   
He goes to the café in the lobby of his office building. He greeted by a part timer, Dino. Dino has been a part timer for almost 6 months. The kids is really sweet and savage at the same time. He is in his final year of university. Wonwoo amaze how the younger one manage his time between school and his part time job.
“Hi hyung!! One hot americano, right?”
“Yes, thank you!” Wonwoo giving his card to the part timer
“You don’t look great hyung. I mean its not that you look great before, but today you look zombie-er.  Are you okay hyung?”
“I’m fine. Just a little under the weather. Soo, how’s school?”
“ Great, been doing really great actually. Gonna graduate this year. And start looking for a real job. Yeay really excited”
“ Haha you don’t look excited though”
“I am.. excited. Deep inside my heart, you cant see it. Here your coffee hyung. ” Dino handed the coffee “ Have a nice day and don’t forget your lunch hyung!”
“You too Dino!”

 

11.30 am
Wonwoo been finishing his report before he turn it to his supervisor when Seungcheol come to his cubicle. 
“Hey, wanna grab some lunch toget—Wonwoo are you okay? You look really pale. Is that a cold sweat?”
“I’m fine, I’m fine. Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to eat lunch with your client, hyung?? The meeting went well right?”
“It went alright I guess. He seem to like it. But apparently he has someone picked him up for lunch” Seungcheol look a bit disappointed
“Aww hyung. Don’t be sad. Maybe he is just his friend. Friend can get lunch together right. “
“Yeah right, a friend. Hey don’t change our topic! Are you sick?? You look like a dead zombie back to life.” Seungcheol put his hand on Wonwoo’s temple. “Wonwoo, you are hot”
“ I know I’m hot hyung, but don’t fall for me though, you are not my type”
“Yah! How can you be joking at this time. Is it because of the rain yesterday? I definitely remember giving you my umbrella so this thing wont happen again” Wonwoo know that this thing would happen. 
“ You know me. I lost it. Its either in the bus or the bus stop” he knows his excuse , but yeah what else can he say.
“Really? I’m not buying it. Then why are you here? Why don’t you stay at home and rest!”
“I have to turn this report before lunch.” Showing the pile of paper in front of him. 
“ You know there  this technology called email. You can email me and I’ll turn it for you”
“ I know. But you have meeting this morning. An important one, I don’t want to give you an extra work because of me. And it just a cold, I’m not dying. I can take care of myself”
Seungcheol sigh. He knows that he cant win this argument because Wonwoo is really stubborn if it concerns his work. 
“Do you want me to buy you lunch or something? I’m going down, take away some food from cafeteria across our building”
“Nah, I’m good hyung. I’m going to turn this report and take a half day. Going to take out something when I’m going home”
“Okai, you take care. Don’t make me worry again like the last time. I’ll be going for a business trip tomorrow for a couple of days. I’ll make Soonyoung or Jihoon check up on you”
“Yes mom. Will do” Wonwoo smile. He don’t know what he did to deserve them as his friend. 

 

01.00 pm
Wonwoo decides sandwich from coffee shop in first floor will be enough for his lunch. He take taxi home because he don’t think he can endure his headache if he take the bus. 
Wonwoo get off in front of his apartment. Wonwoo never going home at noon like this. The neighborhood is really quiet, unfamilliar, no people passing by. Everyone still in their office Wonwoo think. 
Contrast with yesterday, todays been a sunny day. No clouds, just blue sky. Which Wonwoo love if it for a normal day, but headache and heat don’t mix well. So he hurried his step to the apartment building. Cleaning up himself, change to more comfort clothes, then he eat his sandwich. After finish his lunch he take his medicine and decide to sleep. Catching up his overdue need of sleep on this past few weeks. 

 

08.00 pm
Wonwoo wakes up at the sound from his kitchen. He gets up from his bed to fast, making him lost balance and almost fell on his knees. After he recover from the fall, he goes to his kitchen to find a familiar figure. Soonyoung and Jihoon are standing next to each other infront of Wonwoo’s stove
“What are you two doing?”
“Oh you wake up! I’m trying to make you some soup!” 
“And here I am, trying to save you from food poisoning. Cause I don’t trust this guy” Jihoon point his finger at Soonyoung
“Hey! You are mean!” Jihoon just rolls his eyes at Soonyoung
“Stop it you two! You are not helping with my headache here” Wonwoo rub his temple. 
“Come here! Eat with us and drink your medicine. I guess this is edible”
“It is edible! Come Wonwoo”
Wonwoo goes to his dining table, while Jihoon prepare the utensils. 
“Thanks guys, I appreciate it. But you don’t have to come. I’m fine, its just a cold. Seungcheol just exaggerating.” 
“Yeah yeah, but don’t call to us when you are in emergency room-again after your so called cold.” 
“Hey, I did it once! I learned my lesson well. Not going to do that again. And its really cold this time!”
“Come on guys stop the fighting! The soup is ready” Soonyoung say while putting the pot in the middle of the table.
“Yes eat. You need more sleep, we’ll leave after make sure you drink your medicine”
“Yes mom"