Wonwoo

Beautiful Stranger

7.00 pm

It was always raining in the evening in the past few days. Wonwoo should have know it, but being a Wonwoo, he forget to bring his umbrella. Its 7 pm, time to go home, bringing his unfinished work to home. He want to stay though, finishing his work at the office, being a workaholic, he love to do his job. But he cant stay much longer, because its already 7 pm. He must go, he need to meet someone . That, if you can count observing some stranger from a distance, is a meet someone. 
Wonwoo packed his bag and bid his goodbye to his coworker.

 “You’ve been going home early lately you know. Are you meeting with someone perhaps without me knowing?” Seungcheol giving him a look. Seungcheol is one of his closest coworker, he is like his own brother to him. He meet him in his university day.

 “Nah hyung. Just don’t wanna stuck in the traffic later. I hope your meeting tomorrow go well, so you can ask our beautiful client to go lunch with you” Wonwoo winked

“Shut up! Im not that into him, I think its still raining outside. Here take my umbrella, Knowing you for almost 7 years, you must be forget to bring your umbrella. I have one more in my car. You and your poor immune system. Don’t wanna spent the night nursing you again like the last time ”


“Yes hyung! Thank you. You know me so well! Hahaha” he laughed. Seungcheol always cares for the younger one. Being away from his family, Wonwoo can always count on Seungcheol for almost everything.” Love you hyung! Bye” 

_______________


Unlike Seungcheol, he love taking the bus rather than taking his own car to work. Driving can be hassle, he thinks. The traffic is so bad all the way to his apartment. But if you take the bus, if you’re lucky, you can even sleep a little on the way. Another reason why he love taking the bus is because he can meet his stranger there. Yes, his stranger, because Wonwoo doesn’t know his name and doesn’t has the courage to ask him. 

Wonwoo doesn’t remember the first time his stranger take the same bus and got off the same stop as Wonwoo. But its been a month for Wonwoo, to be aware of that coincidence. His stranger always take the 7.20 pm bus from the bus stop outside Wonwoo’s office building. The bus stop is surrounded by office building so Wonwoo doesn’t know where his stranger work at. 


7.10 pm


Wonwoo stop at the lobby of his office to be greeted by pouring rain. He take the umbrella Seungcheol gave him and walk to the bus stop outside his office building. 

There he is, his stranger. Standing in the bus stop, rather dazzling than the dim light at the bus stop. He wore a brown long coat with a beige turtleneck, casual jeans which Wonwoo find really good on him. Sling bag at his side. Focus on his phone, doesn’t care about Wonwoo’s arrival. 

Wonwoo is no short. He is the member of the “180 and up” club. His best friend, Jihoon, always says that he has no conscience because of that. But his stranger is taller a few cm from him. Make his proportion a bit weird because he has rather a small face. Remind him of a lamppost, Wonwoo thinks. 

Wonwoo doesn’t wanna sounds like a creep but after a month observing this stranger, he know for sure that the stranger is a clumsy one. He cant count how many time the stranger drop his phone or anything that he brought and he tend to trip over his own foot. Wonwoo sometimes wonder how he manage to look like a lost puppy with the giant body of his. 


 7.20 pm


The bus usually late for a few minutes because of the traffic, but today the bus arrive in time. Wonwoo get in the bus and tap his transportation card and takes his usual spot in the back of the bus. 

Before, Wonwoo always try to get some sleep on the bus because he has to do his work at home too. Being a workaholic, he always do his work everytime and everywhere. Because Wonwoo always do a good job, his boss always make sure that Wonwoo always include in the big project. Wonwoo once said that his life would be really boring if it not because of his friends. Because all he would to do just doing his work. But Soonyoung assuring him that he is funny enough to entertain himself. 

But that the story before he met his stranger. He got this new habbit of listening to the music from his phone and sometimes peaking at his stranger to look what is he doing. The stranger always take out his earphone after they sit in the bus. Browsing some music at his phone then looking out to the window, fascinated almost at everything. Other time he will be chatting with the other stranger who sit beside him and offer the goofy smile of his, which Wonwoo find really cute. He is really sociable, unlike Wonwoo who is social inept. But it sometimes pissed Wonwoo off because how could he chatting with a stranger who just meet him, and not to Wonwoo, when they meet and ride the bus together almost everyday. 

8.25 pm

An hour long bus ride, thanks to the traffic, but the rain still not over. It is not as heavy as before, but you still get wet if you try to walk over it. Wonwoo get off in his bus stop, so does his stranger. He stop at the bus stop to take Seungcheol's umbrella before he start walking to his apartment. 

His stranger do the same, looking for his umbrella in his sling bag. Wonwoo trying to observe his stranger facial expression which now showing a unreadable expression. Panic? Maybe,  Wonwoo isnt sure. Maybe he forget his umbrella. Wonwoo think

When the stranger about to run through the rain, Wonwoo stop him. Wonwoo doesnt know what he think. Or maybe he isnt thinking at all. Just some reflex to protect the other one. 

"Wait! Dont run through the rain. You'll get sick! Take this!" Wonwoo give the umbrella to the stranger hand. The stranger give Wonwoo a puzzling look

"Umm.. you dont have to though, I just can r---" 

Realizing what he had been done. Wonwoo just cut the strangers short and excuse himself.

"Its okay, my apartment just one block away.. Bye!" With that Wonwoo just run through the rain to his apartment. Wonwoo cursed under his breath. Regreting what just happen.

He know that tomorrow he'll be dead either by Seungcheol because he lost his umbrella or because of the cold he's gonna catch. 

_____________