Meltdown

[redacted] scenarios

Chaewon was having a meltdown. And this time, it wasn't work-related.

 

Just an hour ago, her best friend, that happened to share the same surname as her, Kim Minjoo, called her in a screeching voice, her speech littered with profanities that put sailors to shame. When Chaewon calmly asked her what the is wrong with you, Minjoo only screeched a pitch higher, making Chaewon's ears rang painfully.

 

In amidst the series of banshee screeching, the younger woman requested (read: demanded) Chaewon to quickly haul her here to the hospital, because apparently Hitomi’s water broke and Hitomi was torturing the six of them as she spoke (the rhyme!).

 

She pointed out the fact that Hitomi was currently crushing Yujin’s fingers, who sacrificed herself for Minjoo. Minjoo wasn’t sure why, but okay. It was much appreciated. Chaewon tried to calm her the down as she packed her things, but then Minjoo's phone was snatched by none other than the very pregnant woman, and in an equally screeching banshee voice, she told Chaewon to get here now or she will fill up a divorce after this whole fiasco ended.

 

So, Chaewon abandoned everything. She hoped her boss understood her when she came by her office and screamed “MY BABY!” to her ear and dashed outside like a madwoman. She also hoped no one would steal from her desk.

 

Meltdown phase 1.

 

 

 

… It was a plot, obviously, when the cars didn’t move at all for the past five minutes. An evil plot here to keep Chaewon from being with her wife. An evil plot for their divorce. Chaewon had expected it. Lots of people were against an ordinary office worker like her marrying a catch like Honda Hitomi.

 

 

With trembling hands, she dialed a very familiar set of numbers, screeching her gratitude when it was Eunbi who picked it up. In barely calm voice, she told her situation to Eunbi, and how she would probably miss the great moment.

 

Eunbi hissed out that they were stuck in a traffic jam too, but they were very close so Chaewon probably isn't going to miss the great moment, after all. Chaewon didn't believe her, repeating that she was stuck and there was no way to go.

 

But a screeching Hitomi told her it was bull and if she wanted to see Hitomi welcoming her back with a sizzling kiss not a sizzling pan thrown to her face, then Chaewon should come here.

 

Fast.

 

So, Chaewon abandoned everything--the second time on that fateful day. She ran out of her car, telling her driver to just go home while she made a run for it. She was met with a look of utter disbelief, but Chaewon thought nothing of it and slammed the door close before her driver could say anything.

 

 

She wasn't one with good stamina nor fast legs, but for Hitomi (and their marriage), she was willing to sacrifice them. Granted, everyone gave her an odd look when she zoomed past them, but it's not like Chaewon particularly cared.

 

 

Like she said earlier, Hitomi and their marriage are more important.

 

 

By the time she arrived, she was in ruins, looking like she had gone through hell and back. Her friends, especially those who escorted Hitomi to the hospital, all suffering various amounts of broken bones, greeted her joyfully as if Chaewon was some sort of hero. Yujin even sobbed to her shirt, but Yena quickly separated them and directed the disheveled woman to the nurses. They looked as impatient as her friends were, all disheveled too.

 

With utmost urgency, the nurses escorted her to her wife’s side and as the door closed, the screaming began.

 

Everyone winced when they realized it was Hitomi's and Chaewon’s voice combined.

 

 

--

 

Posted this @ ssambbang jh a month or two months ago. Happy Ssambbang Day!

((shouldve post horror fluff ssbb since today is Friday 13th, but who knows? I might be posting something again later kekw))