Sunday Morning

[redacted] scenarios

 

Kim Chaewon loathes Sunday morning.

 

There’s nothing that Chaewon hates more than waking up with sunrays attacking her eyes with such passion and having Hitomi’s soft, lovely voice forcing her to do her chores so effing early in the morning while promising her demise should Chaewon refuse to get her off their bed.

 

(Last time Chaewon tried to refuse to do her chores, Hitomi stabbed her sides every time she attempted to hug her. It hurt, but nothing hurts more than having everyone witnessing how your wife refused your hug just because you didn’t do your supposed chore.)

 

If there’s anything Chaewon hates more than waking up on a slow Sunday morning, it’s hug-denial.

 

But she has come to a collective agreement with every aspect of herself that Hitomi denying her right on receiving morning kisses to be the worst of the worst.

 

“I’ve beginning to think you love your chores more than you love me,” says Chaewon dryly on that morning. She has her arms crossed as she leans on the door frame, her eyes staring enviously at the peach-colored carpet Hitomi is brushing.

 

“This is the right time for you to turn around and say that,” Chaewon’s voice goes a pitch higher, mimicking how Hitomi usually talks in an uncannily similar manner, “I’m sorry Chaewonnie! And no, I don’t love chores more than I love you! Come here and let me shower you with love!”

 

The mockery succeeded in drawing the blonde-haired girl’s attention to her, but only for a brief moment before she returns to her work.

 

Chaewon lets out a disgruntled growl.

 

“I’ve asked you to clean the bathroom, didn’t I?” Hitomi says nonchalantly, still diligently brushing the carpet while fighting the urge to grimace at the dark and light strands of hair collected at the end of her brush. “Have you done so?”

 

“The bathroom is clean,” comes the reply she is hoping for.

 

But alas, Hitomi simply knows it’s just one of Chaewon’s petty lies she sputters daily... or at least, on every Sunday.

 

“Last time I checked, the drain is clogged and the shower tiles are far from being called clean,” Hitomi shoots back, pausing momentarily to look over her shoulder. Her slightly narrowed eyes make Chaewon gulp for an entirely different reason altogether. “Kim Chaewon, if I went there and see that—“

 

The bathroom door slams close and soon after, Hitomi can hear Chaewon's furious scrubbing echoing throughout their apartment.

 


 

One hour later, Chaewon emerges from the bathroom freshly showered yet strangely, her expression is far from being fresh.

 

The frown she puts since more than an hour ago is still etched on her face, and her annoyed glare continues to persist even after Hitomi praises her for doing her chores.

 

Granted, it made her happy but what is happiness without Hitomi’s hugs and kisses?

 

It’s already 10 and Hitomi has yet to bless her with her soft kisses and warm hugs.

 

And do you know what’s the worst thing is? That human peach doesn’t even do anything about it! No what’s wrong question, no everything is okay, no anything! Chaewon is seriously doubting Minjoo’s words when the latter used to be her trusty wing woman. What a liar.

 

Chaewon is so caught up in her own train of thought she’s unaware of a plate of egg dumplings and a bowl of rice being placed right in front of her. She only realized the appearance of her breakfast once the delicious aroma of cooked eggs invades her nostrils.

 

Chaewon spares a glance to her wife, strangely not seated, and is on her way back to their bedroom. “You’re not eating?”

 

“I’ve had some oats earlier.”

 

“That’s not real food,” Chaewon argues. She drags Hitomi back to the dining area while fighting the urge to smirk victoriously that yes, Kim Chaewon still has power over Hitomi, when she sees that the younger woman doesn’t even fight or argue back.

 

The breakfast proceeds as usual for them. Playful banter and serious opinions are exchanged in a balanced mix, and the meal they are having is nearly forgotten with how engaged they are with each other’s talk.

 

“Are you done with your share of chores?”

 

“Of course,” Hitomi smiles at her. “Are you?”

 

Chaewon snorts. “You can see the bathroom for yourself. Squeaky clean, I promise you!”

 

Her wife nods as she laughs, seemingly satisfied by the confident declaration. “I trust you.” Hitomi suddenly pauses on her action following her words. She eyes Chaewon with pursed lips for a long time before a question finally rolls out from . “Do you have anything to do today?”

 

The older one of the two takes a moment to think. “Nothing,” she answers after a long consideration. “Actually, I was wondering if we can take a stroll or have a classic date outside but,” Chaewon stretches, beaming an easy smile at Hitomi. “I think just lazing around with you today is just what I need, don’t you think so?”

 

Hitomi laughs. Chaewon smiles. The sound she makes when she laughs with her hand covering is heavenly. They might have been married for years—and known each other for nearly two decades by now, but Hitomi is just as prim and proper as she first met her years ago.

 

(Let’s gloss over the fact that Hitomi has her own share of flaws. Chaewon’s lenses do, so let’s do that.)

 

“Chaewonnie?”

 

Chaewon blinks rapidly, pulling her back to sit straight at the sudden call of her name. She blinks again, forming a small ‘o’ before it slowly forms a shy smile.

 

Ten years and counting, and I’m still madly in love with you.

 

“Yes, love?”

 

The blonde raises her eyebrow, sighing a little. “You didn’t hear what I said?”

 

“No,” her wife says without any hesitation. “I’m distracted by your beauty.”

 

Hitomi laughs, bashful as pink starts to dust her cheeks. “I’m just saying that your idea is lovely. Let’s laze around here today.” She smiles as her hand crawls to where Chaewon rests her hand, slowly intertwining their fingers together.

 

“Besides, there’s nothing better than being in your arms.”