officially missing you.

to the memory of you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

song recommendation ~ Dandelion - OOHYO

“No matter how far I am.. I’m always in here.” Baekhyun had whispered as he’d pulled away, resting his hand on the spot where Chanyeol’s heart laid.

The mere minutes before Baekhyun turned and left had a habit of replaying in Chanyeol’s head. The boy didn’t necessarily hate it, but more so hated the fact that when he even thought of Baekhyun, it was always the first thing that popped into his mind. Chanyeol’s current mental slideshow were the moments he’d spent with Baekhyun in their last week together, and all it ever did was bring the giant to tears every time. 

The first week without Baekhyun was pure torture. At one point, Chanyeol had even forgotten that Baekhyun really wasn’t there anymore. Chanyeol took a while to recover from that blow. 

With every heavy step the giant took, the only noise that followed was mindless chatter. But the mindless chatter wasn’t the same honey voice he’d gotten used to. Baekhyun was gone. The only thing that Chanyeol really had to remember him by was his own promise ring and that wasn’t enough either. Baekhyun was more than just his best friend. Baekhyun was also his only friend and pretty much the only friend he'd ever make. And apart from that.. Baekhyun had a special place in his heart that only Baekhyun could fill. Regardless, Chanyeol would have to push through and have hope that his friend would one day come back. 

Both boys called at least once a day and if ever there was the occasion where they couldn't, voice messages were often sent.

"So.. anything new to tell me?" Chanyeol yawned softly into the phone, smiling sleepily as he peered at the boy's face. 

"Oh.. yeah! So.. everyone's pretty nice at my school. It's kinda hard communicating with the partial language barrier and all.. but I'm getting by. My Japanese wasn't as rusty as I thought~ I'm kind of uh.. failing maths though. Hehe~ Not like I wasn't failing it back at our school anyway.. Oh! And I've made some friends! At least.. I think they're my friends. They invited me to join their book club.. but you know I don't really read so I'm pretty scared.."

Baekhyun was midway into his homework and some part of Chanyeol was regretting that he'd taken the initiative to call first, since Baekhyun was the type to get easily distracted. The former took procrastination to another level. 

"And you! Anything you've got to tell me? Has anyone taken my position of best friend yet?" The small boy put on a cute little pout, much like he usually did when he showed his possessive side. 

"Hm.. well.. I'd like you to ask yourself that question.. think about it really really hard.. then tell me your answer. And if you can't figure it out, the answer is no~ No one's ever going to take your place! Over my dead body. I can't believe you'd ask me that question.. *sniff sniff* I feel betrayed~" 

"Well.. good! hmph. Not like I don't want you to have friends.. It's just that.. none of them can be me!"

"And they won't, silly. It's not every day you find a friend that you kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter