closer to you.

to the memory of you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

song recommendation ~ I Need You - Ovan

“You piece of !” Baekhyun laughed, feeling the warmness of Chanyeol’s arms envelop him as the taller hugged him from behind. 

“Missed me, didn’t you?” Chanyeol smiled, resting his chin on Baekhyun’s head.

It was safe to say that Baekhyun had gotten pretty accustomed to Chanyeol’s presence in a short amount of time. To be exact, Baekhyun warmed up to him in less than a week. Chanyeol’s fears of adjusting had disappeared now that he had Baekhyun. 

“I thought you were going to be away..” Baekhyun said, pulling away with a silly pout. 

“Change of plans. But I’m here now.” Chanyeol reassured him, taking his hand to hold and walking to class.

From the time they’d met in the library, Chanyeol found himself sitting with Baekhyun at break time, sitting with him in class and even walking home with him. Additionally, Baekhyun was the first person he texted when he woke up in the morning and the last when he was going to sleep. It was as if there was some strong connection between them that Chanyeol couldn’t quite put his finger on. If Chanyeol wanted to classify their relationship, they were probably on the verge of becoming best friends, but then again there was still something different about it.

As the boys headed to the library again for their breaktime, Baekhyun found himself staring at Chanyeol while the taller sipped on a juicebox and read a book. Chanyeol was unphased, flipping through the pages every couple of seconds as he finished reading. Baekhyun was beyond entertained. In fact, he practically marvelled at the sight of Chanyeol in front of him. So much so that he leaned forward and swept the boy’s bangs away from his forehead and gave him a cheeky kiss on the forehead. Eyes widened slightly, Chanyeol looked up at him with his red-tinted cheeks and looked back down. Baekhyun, satisfied from Chanyeol’s reaction, retreated into a position where he could rest his head on the table and look at Chanyeol. 

“What was that kiss for..” Chanyeol mumbled unintelligibly, feeling shy from Baekhyun’s actions. 

“Dunno. Just felt like doing it,” was Baekhyun’s response, and he sat up partially again, resting his chin on one palm.

“Well in that case..” Chanyeol trailed off, grabbing Baekhyun’s free hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it. 

Now it was turn for Baekhyun to blush uncontrollably. He watched as Chanyeol pressed his lips to his hand and he smiled softly, letting him hold his hand after. The most peculiar thing was that Baekhyun usually hated any form of affection. He hated giving it, but most importantly he hated receiving it. All of those trivial things no longer bothered Baekhyun when it came to Chanyeol. With him, he liked to give, but he liked to receive more. 

Chanyeol gazed at him with the softest of smiles, no longer captivated by the words on the yellowed paper. 

“Punk. Stop staring at me,” Baekhyun mumbled, yet he loved it anyway. 

Chanyeol persisted with a slight chuckle, pulling away and getting up to return his novel to its shelf. 

“Come on Baek. Class is going to start soon.” 

The giant outstretched his hand for Baekhyun and the smaller followed happily, taking his hand as they walked back to class. Chanyeol enjoyed looking at him from time to time, smiling as the boy skipped joyfully.

Then there was the time in PE. 

The teacher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter