daydreamin’.

to the memory of you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

song recommendation ~ Girl X Friend - EXO

Baekhyun returned to school the following week and Chanyeol was, to say the least, absolutely ecstatic. He was still careful with wherever he tread, but the bumbling giant was still unable to conceal his underlying happiness. It was good that Baekhyun reassured him that all was well, and that Baekhyun would be okay from then. 

“Baekhyun.. are you sure you’re okay? Like.. 100%?” he’d asked one day, chin rested on his palms as they sat together in the hushed stillness of the library. 

“Chanyeol, I swear, if you ask me one more time, you’re the one who’s not going to be okay. Okay?”

Chanyeol cleverly concluded that that was the end of it and resumed his usual hobbies of staring at the pretty blond. 

When they’d successfully reached Friday, the giant found himself unable to tear his eyes away from the boy as they’d walked home. Baekhyun was just as beautiful as ever, especially in the afterglow of the sun. The rays shone over his face, bringing out the warm tones of browns in his eyes and ultimately reinforcing Chanyeol’s already concrete view of him. Baekhyun seemed to notice such a thing, and took great delight in tugging away from the boy’s grasp and twirling as they walked, jumping about and giggling like the sweet, little fairy he was. The larger boy beamed fondly at the floor, unable to contain his affections for his friend in such ways that wouldn’t make him a creep.

“Chanyeol, are you in love with me?” 

“Sorry, what? Say that again?”

He’d had to stop and stare at the boy for confirmation. Chanyeol knew that the smaller was perfectly aware of his feelings, so why did he ask such a specific question? He knew he’d made it blatantly obvious, so much so that he couldn’t state otherwise if he’d tried. Baekhyun only grinned and hopped over to face the boy before wrapping his arms snugly around his neck. He repeated his words, this time with more conviction and less of his usual playfulness.

“Y-You know.. You know how I feel..” 

“I just want to hear you say it, baby.” 

“..I-I love you Baekhyun. I’m in love with you too if those two are different things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter