promise.

to the memory of you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

song recommendation ~ Flower - Chen
 

“Hey Chanyeol.. what would you do if one day I just packed up and left?”

“The hell kind of question is that? Are you saying you’re going to leave me?”

“No, of course not! It’s just.. hypothetically speaking~”

The two boys were caught up in their cheesy little conversations as per usual. They’d had a science asssignment to complete together, but with a clingy Baekhyun and a powerless Chanyeol, there was no telling what the pair would do. Chanyeol lay motionless, head positioned comfortably in Baekhyun’s lap while the latter rested against the wall and leisurely carded through the giant’s curly brown locks. Three hours passed like three minutes for the two boys. 

Baekhyun leaned down to peck Chanyeol’s lips a couple of times throughout and the taller only responded with gradually reddening cheeks and little giggles of satisfaction. It was effortless. Chanyeol’s cheeks even ached from all the smiling he did, and Baekhyun simply couldn’t keep his hands off of him.

“To answer your question.. I’d probably cry. Not cry actually. Sob. Dramatically. If you got up and left without warning, I’d search the seven seas for you. I’d scour flower fields for you, climb up mountains, trek through forests and even swim through oceans to find you,” Chanyeol blurted, with so much conviction that Baekhyun felt his eyes water for the nth time that day. 

“It’s a good thing I’m not going anywhere then~ so you won’t have to die trying to find me.” Baekhyun laughed softly and kissed him again, spiderman style. 

Four weeks later and Chanyeol had the fright of his life. Baekhyun was wrong. Very wrong indeed.

“Ch-Chanyeol.. Chanyeol please.. calm down baby..” 

The giant was a multitude of emotions, frustratedly knocking over his pile of books and then throwing his bag across the room, huffing as he watched the floor strewn with a clutter of his belongings. Then he burned out and Chanyeol collapsed in a puddle of misery on the floor. 

Chanyeol couldn’t say he’d ever been afraid of anything in his life. And the reason why was because he knew things came and went. There was no reason in fearing anything that would come to an end. In Chanyeol’s mind, everything was one thing and that was it. Of course, any religious figure was an exception, but in life, Chanyeol was the master of his own world. At sixteen, someone trespassed into the gates of his realm and nestled their own spot into Chanyeol’s heart. Needless to say, Baekhyun was responsible for the equilibrium in both the boy’s heart and mind. With Baekhyun gone, Chanyeol would ultimately flatline. And that was now what Chanyeol feared most. 

A million different things paced through the boy’s mind as he lay on the ground in tears, limbs sprawled out pathetically and breathing so ragged that you’d think he’d run a marathon. Baekhyun snuggled up to the boy and kept him impossibly close, his short arms caging around the larger’s waist and refusing to ever let go. It was still for an unbearable moment until Chanyeol slowly turned to face the love of his life. Baekhyun seemed just as pained as him—cheeks stained with the icky feeling of dried tears and eyes that twinkled with sheer despair and regret. When Chanyeol kissed him again, his tears finally escaped; coating both of their faces with his free-flowing love. 

“..H-How long? When? When will you c-come back?”

Baekhyun shook his head. The last thing he wanted was to keep the boy’s hope up, even if he wanted to have something to hold on to himself. In truth, Baekhyun had no idea either. The move was imminent and showed no signs of clemency for either of the boys. 

“..Y-You’ll wait for me though, right? Baekhyun and Chanyeol.. f-forever?” 

Chanyeol was good at keeping promises. He couldn’t see himself breaking this particular one either, especially with his sanity potentially on the line. The larger of the boys nodded slowly and Baekhyun leaned in again to give him another bittersweet kiss. 

“..You’ve got one week left with me. L-Let’s make it count.” 

Chanyeol did just that. The boy ensured he woke up extra early to walk Baekhyun to and from school for the rest of those five days. If they seemed inseparable before, both boys now were surely attached by the hip. On Tuesday’s lunch, Baekhyun had pulled the boy into a bathroom stall and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. The same happened on Wednesday, the difference being the change of location (the library, mind you) and even on Thursday, Chanyeol had tugged him into an empty classroom to continue yesterday’s activites. 

Every kiss was like fire for Baekhyun; painful but warm, and embracing Chanyeol at the same time made things somewhat difficult. Chanyeol on the other hand, needed as much as he could get. Like an animal storing its food for the winter, the giant was getting his fair share of love and affection from his favourite person to make up for all the arduous, Baekhyun-less years he might have to experience. 

Chanyeol liked to keep the boy grounded, keeping his hands on his waist as he kissed him and occasionally, preferred to kiss him up against the wall. Baekhyun was always looking to experiment however, and as they’d pulled away for breath, he whispered with a cheeky little grin. 

“Are you strong, Chanyeol?”

“W-What kind of question is tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter