only if it’s you.

to the memory of you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

song recommendation ~ let's love - Suho


Baekhyun grew so accustomed to Chanyeol,so when the giant wasn’t beside him, Baekhyun always felt the slightest bit uneasy. The smaller boy had a big personality, meaning Chanyeol was the equaliser in their relationship, ensuring that Baekhyun didn’t do too much. In one particular instance, Baekhyun just happened to do too much.

“Yah, Kim Guheon, mind shutting the up? I’m trying to learn right now, and so are all the other kids in the class,” Baekhyun said almost menacingly as he relaxed into his chair.

Said boy turned around from his conversation, looking at Baekhyun with a threatening gaze. Baekhyun was one to pick fights, especially if it meant fighting for a good reason. In his defense, Baekhyun couldn’t hear a word the substitute teacher was saying and as it were, this particular subject wasn’t exactly his strong suit. 

“Say that again.” 

Guheon stood up, already fuming and ready to throw punches at Baekhyun. Baekhyun scoffed in response, rolling his eyes at how ridiculous the situation was to him. Guheon was like a bull. Agitate him the tiniest bit and he’d be chasing you down for the rest of the year. If you were lucky, maybe it’d only last a month and he’d find some other unfortunate student to pick on. 

“Sit back down, I can’t see,” Baekhyun replied unbothered, taking down notes in his exercise book again.

It took two of Guheon’s friends to restrain him from going all out on Baekhyun and breaking out a fight right in the middle of class. Baekhyun tutted in disapproval, still mildly amused. He leaned forward with a teasing grin and spoke softly.

“How about lunch? Maybe you might want to throw some punches at that time?”

If Baekhyun hadn’t leaned back straight after, God knows what would have happened to his face. 

Baekhyun sighed, feeling bored and slightly lethargic. If Chanyeol were here, Baekhyun could possibly have napped for a while and then looked at his notes at a later time and copied them down into his own books. Chanyeol however, was home with a nasty and infectious cold and he’d decided that there was no way he was going to come to school and spread it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun pleaded otherwise, saying that he’d much rather be away from school for a few days if Chanyeol wasn’t attending anyway. Chanyeol was adamant and still stayed home, checking his phone every so often to see if Baekhyun ever messaged him.

Baekhyun: Guess what I got myself into~

Chanyeol wiped his nose with a tissue, tossing it effortlessly into the rubbish bin before applying the hand sanitiser. It was 3rd period so that meant Baekhyun had maths. Why was he able to text all of a sudden?

Chanyeol: What’s happened?

Chanyeol: And how come you’re texting me? It’s not lunch time yet..

Baekhyun: Baekhyun got himself into a fist fight while Chanyeol was away ^^

Baekhyun: We’ve got a sub. She doesn’t know what she’s doing anyway.

“Aish.. Baekhyun, you idiot!” Chanyeol gasped.

This was one of the things holding Chanyeol back from being absent for half the week. If he wasn’t there to keep Baekhyun calm, who knew what kind of stuff he’d get himself into?

Chanyeol: Are you trying to die Baekhyun? 

Chanyeol: Who is it? Who did you pick a fight with? 

Baekhyun explained his situation to Chanyeol, chuckling softly in amusement and appreciation about how concerned the giant was. The smaller found himself no longer concentrating, swinging his feet childishly under the table and smiling to himself. It was a wonder how their conversation had gone from Chanyeol scolding Baekhyun for his recklessness, to Baekhyun calling Chanyeol pet names. 

Chanyeol: Baek, stop messaging me for a bit. You need to focus on your work right now. 

Baekhyun: But I want to talk to you, Yeollieee~ Am I not allowed to check up on my baby’s health? 

Chanyeol: Stop calling me baby >.< I should have never mentioned that in front of you. Now you’re just plainly teasing me :(

Baekhyun: Baby? Baby Chanyeol? My baby? 

Perhaps Baekhyun was really trying to kill Chanyeol that day, as he’d sent a picture of himself winking and biting his lip playfully, which shocked Chanyeol even if it wasn’t his intention. Chanyeol was forced to put his phone aside and close his eyes, basking in all the *cough* iness *cough* that radiated from his phone. The giant sat up to pose for a picture but then decided against it when he saw the kind of hot mess he was. 

Chanyeol: I wanted to take a picture for you but damn.. I look like such a mess right now, Baek. 

Baekhyun: Doesn’t matter. Send me a picture. I miss you. 

That did it for Chanyeol. The younger sighed and pulled his hood over his head, hesitantly posing for a picture and snapping his feigned angry pout. Baekhyun practically fanboyed at the selc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter