1/2

(Special) A little lie won't hurt, right?

“Weii, you can’t be serious, Hao.” The brown-haired guy crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against the table looking at his friend. The friend, Minghao shrugged.

“I have to do this, Zhennan.”

“You’re crazy. I’m done.” Zhennan threw his hands up and left. Minghao looked at his friend’s leaving but then said nothing. He continued to wrap the little present he prepared for Valentine tomorrow. The one he decided to give along with his ‘confession’.

Xu Minghao, a second year student in Yangze Arts Institute, a normal guy with deep blue hair and cool charms which famous enough among girls. He’s a dancer, taking performing arts as his major. Despite being well-known in the institute because he’s the best dancer there, he had only one friend roommate, Zhou Zhennan, a second year student majoring in song producing at the same institute. Not that no one wanted to be friend with Minghao, he’s just a bit timid when comes to communicate. Only Zhennan survived him as the guy had been knowing Minghao since primary school. They’re pretty much alike, are not someone who talks much. Somehow, people dubbed Zhennan as the ice prince but not Minghao. But if you know them close, you would know Zhennan is friendlier than Minghao.

Minghao exhaled as he’s done with the gift wrapping. He tidied his desk and turned off the lamp before went to his bed with his phone. Zhennan left him a message.

VinZZN: Hao, please sleep it off n re-think. I’m at loss of how u ever think confessing 2 Jun-qianbei just bcos u want 2 stop him being with that . U could straight up tell him abt her!

8hao: I hv think it thru. Don’t worry abt me.

Minghao closed his phone and prepared to sleep. The night deepened as Minghao slept rather peacefully despite his crazy mission tomorrow. It’s because what happened three days ago.

 

 

Three days ago

Minghao moved his feet in circle to cooling down after a dance practice. He’s alone at the moment as the class has long ended but he stayed back to practice a little bit. His mind was wandering away as his body moved autopilot to finish his cooling down.

“Minghao.”

“Oh sh-! Jun-qianbei.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to startle you. I thought you noticed I come in.”

“Apparently I didn’t.”

“Sorry.”

“Apology accepted.” Minghao said, pulling his legs to sit cross-legged. “What’s up, qianbei? I didn’t expect to see you here.” Minghao asked. The senior rubbed his nape.

“You know Tia from your year?”

“Performing art major?” The senior nodded. “Yeah, I know her.” Minghao grimaced inwardly. Who doesn’t know that flirty ? Minghao said to himself.

“Good. I want to meet her. Can you help?”

Minghao looked at his senior. “Why?” The senior was indeed blushing. Minghao somehow could guess the answer but he didn’t want to make assumption.

“I… want to ask her out. On Valentine.”

“You like her?” Minghao asked. The elder guy just grinned shyly. Minghao sighed inwardly. Out of so many other nice girls, why it has to be that ? Minghao mused to himself.

“Can you help me, Minghao?”

“Huh?”

“On Valentine, what class do you have? Any place that is easy to meet her?” The senior bombarded the question. Minghao blinked few times.

“Wait. Wait, Jun-qianbei. You really like her?”

“I like her. It has been a while. Since I saw her when I met you to coach for the dance competition.” Minghao formed an O. “So, help me?”

Minghao blinked. He honestly didn’t want to help because he knew Tia wasn’t a good girl. He had known Junhui for a while and he regarded Junhui as a great senior and brother. Of course he’s reluctant to let this male got hurt by that .

‘Play along first, Minghao. Later you think about this.’

 

 

February 14

“Hao, stop this madness. Just go to him and tell about that girl.”

“Zhennan, you didn’t see his eyes when he talks about that . He has heart eyes, dude. Do you think he would listen to me if I told him about her?”

“Well, at least you try. Rather than do this stupid thing, and lie. Gosh, what’s going with your pretty head seriously Xu Minghao?”

“I know what I’m doing, Zhou Zhennan.”

“At this rate, I would rather believe you actually like qianbei.”

“No. Not in romantic way. He’s a brother.” Minghao said. Zhennan shrugged. Minghao was walking to his class, Zhennan followed as he didn’t have any class at the moment. Minghao told Junhui to come find Tia at this time for the confession. Following the meeting time, Minghao will intercept Junhui’s confession to Tia with his own. He needed to find Junhui before Junhui found Tia.

Zhennan let out a big sigh once they’re near to Minghao’s class and he clearly could see their senior with the best friend and a younger guy. Seemed like Junhui didn’t meet Tia yet, Minghao made his steps faster to the seniors. Zhennan followed after.

“I like you! Please go out with me.” Minghao said like a rambling mess as he held out the gift. He will bear the embarrassment for a while, he needed his mission to be successful. The consequence for lying, he will face later. Minghao’s eyes were planted on the floor since the start of his words, but he heard gasps and the loudest was his best friend which is weird.

“Uh, thank you?” Minghao froze when he heard an unfamiliar voice answering and hand taking the gift from him. At instant he looked up and stiffened. Oh my god.

“Stupid, you’re stupid, Xu Minghao.” Zhennan cursed in whisper behind Minghao. Minghao felt a cold sweat running on his back. He was about to say something when Junhui’s voice heard.

“I didn’t know you know Zhoucheng’s brother? Wah, it’s very bold of you ah, Minghao.” Junhui gave a big smile, he could see Minghao was nervous there. After all, the favourite junior of his made a big step to confess to the guy he likes. No one ever knew Minghao’s preference but everyone bets he’s biual. So seeing the anxious Minghao, Junhui wanted to help since Minghao helped him.

Little did Junhui knows, Minghao wasn’t nervous about being out but he’s freaking out that he went to the wrong person! After all, this unknown guy still held his hand after taking the gift. “A..a- I, I-”

“I didn’t know your name, but I have seen you around when you hang out with Junhui-ge. Cheng-ge told me you’re Junhui-ge junior.”

“I- I am.” Minghao didn’t know what to reply nor how to get out from this situation. He accidentally confessed to a guy that he didn’t even know his name. What I’m supposed to do?! Minghao tried to find a solution with his jumbling mess of mind.

“He’s Wang Yibo, same age as us, Zhoucheng-qianbei’s little brother.” Zhennan whispered, saving Minghao’s . He figured the stupid best friend of his didn’t even know the guy that holding his hand. On his defence, Zhennan knew this guy because he had seen Yibo at a competition. The guy wasn’t a student in this institute but he’s a great performer, Zhennan gave it to him. He might be biased but Yibo and Minghao could rival each other and no one win no one lose.

“I appreciate your effort, and I’m okay if we try to get knowing each other first, if you’re fine with it? Because I don’t know you and it’s not appropriate to accept or reject your confession.” Yibo said looking at Minghao. Minghao blinked, he panicked even more.

“As his brother, I know how hard to breathe same air as Yibo. I wish you luck, Minghao.” Zhoucheng commented. He had been there beside Junhui watching the drama unfold. He didn’t expect this junior to know and even like his cold brother but it’s not everyday case that a guy is bold enough to confess to the cold Wang Yibo. Yeah, Zhoucheng knew his brother doesn’t play that side so a confession from a girl doesn’t count because in the end Yibo would just reject them. Guys always find Yibo is hard to approach so no one ever bold enough to man up and confess, they chose to admire Yibo from far. For the record, Minghao is the first guy ever.

“Ge.” Zhoucheng shrugged at Yibo’s short protest.

“Why you guys stand here?” They all turned and bowed slightly to the instructor who just arrived. “Class is going to start, get in whoever taking this class.” The instructor said and got into the room. Zhoucheng tapped Junhui’s shoulder.

“Your mission is a miss for now. Let’s find her some other time, we got class too.” Zhoucheng said to Junhui. “You on the other hand don’t lurk in this institute too long, you didn’t study here.”

“I will, soon.” Yibo said shooing his brother with his eyes. Zhoucheng rolled his eyes and pulled Junhui to leave.

“Minghao, don’t forget to text me if you see her okay?!” Junhui said waving his hand as Zhoucheng took him away. Minghao still blanked there and failed to notice his hand was still in Yibo’s. Zhennan eyed that and raised his brow a little.

“Oi, Hao. You need to go into the class.” Zhennan said calling back his blanked best friend with a pat on his back. Minghao startled, quickly pulled his hand from Yibo. Yibo stared at him.

“Ah, yeah class.” Minghao walked to the class without acknowledging Yibo. Yibo frowned and reached to stop Minghao by holding the arm. Minghao startled.

“You have more class after this?”

Minghao didn’t find his voice to answer but stupidly shook his head after noticing Yibo won’t let him go without an answer.

“Okay. See you after class.” Yibo smiled and then left. Minghao stunned, thankfully Zhennan pushed him into the class. He managed to whisper to Minghao before leaving with an amused laughter.

‘Congratulations, you just got yourself a very handsome boyfriend.’

 

 

Minghao was walking back and forth messing his hair in his room. Zhennan who sat on Minghao’s bed looked at his best friend unamused. “Why didn’t you tell him earlier?”

“I tried! It was awkward okay? He brings me to eat at a restaurant famous for couple. I can’t even try to talk about the issue when he mostly led the talk. I never know he’s kinda talkative with that impassive look.”

Zhennan hummed. “As much as I know, he’s a quiet person too. Even colder than you and I combined.” Zhennan pulled out his phone and typed something. “I did my research when you are on your date.”

“I’m not on date!”

“Oh come on, Wang Yibo is now your boyfriend, everyone in the institute knows.”

“What?!”

“Look at the phone.”

Minghao took the phone and looked at the things Zhennan wanted to show him. It was a Weibo page on a hashtag. Minghao gasped. “, how famous he is?”

“I didn’t know much until I look on him earlier. Apparently, he’s a very famous underground dancer. He has fans and numerous followers on Weibo. His fans even made specific hashtag for him. I think there’s fans among your course mate because there’s a video of your so-called confession.”

“Oh my god.” Minghao saw the said video. Someone took and posted it on Weibo. “, this is big.”

“Yeah, your boyfriend is that famous.”

“Stop referring him like that, you little .”

“It’s the truth.”

“Ugh I hate you Zhennan.” Zhennan laughed at his best friend’s misery. Minghao sighed and somehow flopped down onto his bed next to Zhennan.

“Let me filled you in who your boyfriend is.” Minghao glared at Zhennan. Zhennan just grinned while taking back his phone, he opened something and then started to read. “Wang Yibo, same age as us, a Leo. After graduated from high school, he didn’t further his study but instead pursue his passion in dancing and performing. He has been in numerous competitions, his name rose as his dancing talent is flawless. So, sometimes when there is a group competition, people recruit him to join. The competition he joined, he never miss to get the top 3. It varied from 1 to 3 but most of his individual competitions, he scored number 1 the most. From that, he has many fans but he’s not someone who cared about fans because I saw some said he’s kinda cold with strangers and also fans. Like I said, he’s colder than us combined. He seldom smiled but if he did, that’s only for his group members or his brother. Oh yeah, he has an elder brother Wang Zhoucheng as you already know.”

“Cold? He’s talkative with me.”

“Well, maybe because you’re now his boyfriend.”

“I swear to god, Zhou Zhennan, if you didn’t stop.”

“Aiyoo, aiyoo. I’m just joking. Anyway.” Zhennan held Minghao’s shoulder to look at him. “There’s already an account of anti-fans for you.”

“What??!”

“Yeah, when I said he’s cold, it’s also included he always rejected people confession to him. From my source, the confession he received is only from girls before, and every single of them are rejected.”

Minghao blinked. “Then…”

“Yeap, congratulation for being the only one person the great cold prince Wang Yibo ever accept and the only guy.”

“No way.”

“Yes way. The anti-fan is talking about you with a hate hashtag, dude.” Zhennan opened the page and showed it to Minghao. “It’s keyboard warriors for now, but you should be careful. Or maybe tell Wang Yibo.”

Minghao scrolled to the page. It’s very scary and many curses upon him. He cringed inwardly. “Oh gosh, this is big.” Minghao sighed deeply.

“Indeed. They created a specific hate hashtag for you, man.” Zhennan patted Minghao’s back for comfort. They stayed like that before suddenly Zhennan slapped Minghao’s back head.

“Weii! That hurts!”

“That’s for your stupidity. Why on earth you manage to get a wrong person?” Zhennan scoffed.

“I don’t know either!” Minghao groaned. He then remembered about Junhui. “, Junhui-qianbei.”

Zhennan shook his head and got up after taking his phone. “That’s my cue to leave. I don’t know what we could do in this situation, but I advised you to talk with Wang Yibo as soon as possible.” Zhennan warned him. Minghao sighed and dismissed his best friend. Zhennan left while Minghao took his phone to contact his senior.

 

 

“Hello.” Minghao jumped in surprise. Zhennan stifled his laugh. The best friends were having their lunch together when a voice greeted Minghao from the back. Zhennan could clearly see he’s coming earlier but said nothing to Minghao. Effortlessly, the guy sat beside Minghao. “You didn’t reply to my question in the text so I take it as a yes.” He said and then turned to Zhennan. “You won’t mind right?”

“No, Yibo, not at all.” Zhennan replied.

“Zhou Zhennan right?”

“Yeah, that’s me.”

“I remember you from the competition.”

“Same, same.” Zhennan just smiled before making himself invisible as Minghao sent him a look of disbelief.

“What are you eating?” Yibo’s question made Minghao turned to the guy beside him. Minghao blinked before answering.

“As you can see, it’s spicy fried noodle.” Yibo hummed and casually took Minghao’s hand that held chopsticks with some noodle and fed himself. Minghao startled, so do Zhennan.

‘Damn this guy is dangerous.’ Zhennan mused to himself. He saw Minghao was pretty stunned and it’s kind of hilarious but he didn’t dare to make any sound.

“Mn, delicious.”

“Why you do that? If you’re hungry, go buy yourself.” Minghao groaned and looked away, stuffing his mouth to cover his embarrassment. Somehow, his face became redder as he remembered the exact same chopsticks had been touching Yibo’s lips. Oh my god, what are you? A ert? Wake up Xu Minghao! Minghao reprimanded himself inward.

Yibo just flashed a little smile. “Just for a taste. I’m not that hungry but maybe I should eat. What’s the best here? I don’t know.”

“You can try the noodles at that stall, it’s great.” Zhennan gave the idea when Minghao seemed not going to answer for that. Yibo nodded.

“Then, I will go and buy before joining you guys again.” Yibo gave a polite smile to Zhennan before getting up. At the same time, his hand lightly touched Minghao’s head caressing it as he smiled cutely. Anyone could see how soft he was at that exact moment and Minghao tried to ignore the fact. But of course Zhennan won’t let it go. He spoke out after Yibo went away.

“Damn it, he’s very soft. Hao, if I didn’t know your stupid act, I would say he’s wooing you and you’re falling.”

“Shut up your ty mouth.”

“Well, I say what I see.” Zhennan shrugged and continued to eat. Minghao glared at him in annoyance. The two stayed silent before Yibo joined them again with a spicy soup noodle.

“Good choice there, pal.” Zhennan commented. Yibo just nodded curtly and ate. At times, he glanced at Minghao who continued to act like he doesn’t exist. Zhennan raised his brow and then took his last bite before getting up. “I’m done, I will go first. Need to return some books. See you around, Yibo. See you at dorm, Hao.” Zhennan grinned.

Minghao startled. “Wait, Zhennan!” Zhennan stealthily left the pair when Minghao tried to hold him back. Minghao cursed his best friend and wanted to leave too but Yibo grabbed his wrist and pulled him to sit down. Minghao squeaked in surprise.

“Don’t go yet. Your class won’t start yet until later. Accompany me eat?” Yibo said looking at Minghao. Minghao blinked and looked at Yibo. He wanted to say something but his word died down when Yibo intertwined their fingers. Minghao’s eyes trailed to their hand. Yibo turned back to his food and used his another hand to feed himself.

The other students were looking at them. Some were whispering. Minghao felt uncomfortable when he felt they were looking at him with hatred. He tried to pull away from Yibo’s grip but the other guy just tightened the hold and calmly ate. Yibo made no comment even he noticed people were looking at them, even some dared to take pictures. Minghao bit his lips, didn’t know what to do when he couldn’t let go the hold.

 

 

Two weeks passed since Valentine. Minghao never had a quiet life ever since that day. People always looked at him whispering behind his back. Even no one ever approach him, it made him uncomfortable. And also, Yibo would come to find him so often. Sometimes having lunch together or Yibo came to fetch him for ‘hangouts’ after class.

Minghao later knew that the institute was recruiting Yibo as a student to a special programme they’re planning, making the reason why Yibo was at the institute on Valentine’s Day. The talk with the institute was fruitful that Yibo joined the course just four days ago. Zhennan teased that Minghao might be the real reason why Yibo accept in which the two best friends got into their usual banter.

“Hey.” Minghao found Yibo waiting for him in front of dorm. Zhennan smirked.

“And that’s my cue to leave. Today I won’t have lunch with you, Hao. I have assignment to submit. Have a good date, I leave my friend to you, Yibo.”

“No worries.” Yibo said to Zhennan. Minghao threw a look at Zhennan who just innocently waved a goodbye and left.

“Let’s go?” Yibo said, giving the spare helmet to Minghao. Minghao looked at the other male.

“I told you, you don’t need to-”

“We have same class today.” Yibo smiled, climbing onto his motorbike. “It won’t hurt to come pick up my own boyfriend?” Yibo winked. Minghao stuttered. Gradually, Yibo was so comfortable calling him boyfriend now. Minghao sometimes confused with this whole situation. He still didn’t find the right time to explain to Yibo. Every time he tried, there’s must be something else happening. Either someone else interrupted his words or Yibo himself saying something making him speechless.

Minghao got down from the motorbike when they arrived. Yibo pulled out the key and got down as well. “Did you eat yet?” Yibo asked.

“No. Not hungry.”

“But we have stamina class before lunch.” Yibo said.

“I don’t.” Minghao shook his head. Yibo hummed.

“I saw it wrong then. Okay, let’s go.” Yibo pulled Minghao’s hand to walk together. Minghao startled trying to protest but Yibo as usual never let him go. Minghao looked down when they’re passing through a group of students. “Today, let’s go out. Cheng-ge is having birthday party with his friends today so no one is home.”

“But I-”

“We can watch the movie you wanted to watch today. It’s out already. Don’t worry, my treat.” Yibo said beaming to Minghao. Minghao’s mouth opened but no word’s coming out. “My last class today ends first, so I will find you at your class later.” Yibo informed him.

The talk ended as both of them arrived at their class. It’s a theory class so they’re having it in a hall. The other students had their eyes at the door when the pair arrived at the door. Yibo casually took Minghao inside, picking a seat that is not very closed to others. He even sat to block people from seeing Minghao. Minghao blinked as usually he sat the other side.

“Yibo?”

“I don’t want people to stare at you.” Minghao blinked. Did Yibo realized all this time? Minghao mused, this is the first time Yibo mentioned about people’s looks. “A view of you is exclusively for me.” Those words made Minghao’s heart jumped and he was stunned. Yibo didn’t say anything more and then the lecturer came in. Minghao wasn’t there, his soul already went somewhere. He didn’t listen to the whole lesson, and didn’t even realize Yibo held his hand all the way through.

 

 

Minghao stiffened when suddenly Yibo curled against him, head on his shoulder. “Hope you don’t mind. It’s chilly, I want to share some warmth.” Minghao didn’t say anything. If I say I mind then will you move? Minghao mused inside. The movie started soon enough and on the first quarter Minghao didn’t move. He wanted to move so bad because sitting in the same position for a long time could be tiring for him but seeing Yibo so comfortable there he didn’t have the heart to move. Somehow, Minghao forgot about it later because the movie got to the best part. He didn’t even aware that Yibo actually fell asleep on his shoulder.

As the credits came up, Minghao remembered the guy beside him and glanced. He only found out Yibo’s sleeping and right there he felt sore on his side but he didn’t dare to move. Was the movie boring for him? Minghao questioned himself.

Yibo stirred when the light as the credits rolled on. “It’s done… oh no I fall asleep.” Yibo rubbed his eyes as he turned to look at Minghao. “I’m sorry, the classes earlier took much of my energy and I get tired.” Yibo said looking at Minghao sadly. Minghao shook his head.

“It’s fine.” He said stretching his back and sore shoulder. Yibo noticed and touched Minghao’s shoulder startling the other male.

“Is it okay? I’m sorry.” Yibo massaged the shoulder lightly. Minghao shook his head.

“It’s fine. Let’s go, there’s only us left.” Minghao said and got up. Yibo got up as well and followed the other guy to leave the cinema hall.

“I may fall asleep but I saw few scenes at the beginning. How’s the story? Did Yu-er found her father?” Yibo asked as they walked to leave the cinema. Minghao turned to him.

“Are you sure want to hear the spoiler?” Yibo nodded. Minghao beamed and excitedly shared the story. Yibo just listened as he watched the bright glint in Minghao’s eyes while happily sharing the plot of the story. It made him smile a little. “That how it went. It’s very pitiful you didn’t see how cool the father did the jump at the last scene!” Minghao grinned and turned to Yibo. He startled when the face was a bit close, eyes fixed on him with a soft smile on the lips. His heart jumped.

“It’s a good story. I’m glad you enjoy it.” Yibo said smiling and casually took Minghao’s hand to continue walking. Minghao almost stumbled on his feet as he was still in daze with the view he was presented earlier, not prepared of the sudden pull. “Are you hungry? Let’s go get something.”

“Uh, o- okay.” Minghao stuttered. His brain was still fuzzy.

Both of them stopped at the famous fast food chain as Yibo said he craved for the burger. Minghao just followed along, his mind wasn’t really there. “What do you want?” Minghao blinked when Yibo asked. He then looked up to the menu. He couldn’t decide.

“Um… I don’t know. Anything is fine.” Minghao said. Yibo hummed.

“Are you that hungry or just feeling like eating?” Minghao tilted his head at the question.

“Um, maybe the latter? I don’t know.” Yibo just smiled at the confused face. He found the other cute.

“Then, I will buy you chicken pop set. Your favourite. If you’re feeling hungry later, you can share my burger. I have the set too.” Yibo said then made the order. Minghao stunned. He’s startled that Yibo knew he liked chicken pop from this fast food chain. He never mentioned to him as much as he remembered.

They waited for their food to be ready and Yibo took the tray when it’s done. Minghao followed along. The place wasn’t that crowded as it’s near to closing time so they could find seats anywhere they wanted. Both of them sat at the corner facing each other. Yibo took the burger and pushed the tray a bit closer to Minghao. Minghao thanked him and both of them started to eat.

Yibo offered his burger to Minghao. Minghao looked at him then somehow took a little bite because suddenly the burger looked appetizing to him. “You got some mayo here.” Yibo said after Minghao took the bite. Minghao blinked and reached to wipe it with his fingers. Yibo chuckled when Minghao unconsciously smeared more of it and took the tissue to wipe it. Minghao startled.

“Uh… thank you.” Minghao took the tissue and wiped himself. Yibo grinned.

“You’re so cute, Minghao.” Minghao blinked, red spread on his face.

“I’m not!” He protested. Yibo just chuckled. The sound of laughter and the happy glint of him surely attracted others around them, including Minghao. Minghao cursed his own self for being enamoured by that. Why he’s very handsome, damn it. Minghao groaned inwardly.

 

 

“You’re back.” Yibo looked up and noticed his brother was in the living room.

“Cheng-ge, you didn’t sleep yet?”

“I just return home.” Yibo nodded. “Were you out with Minghao?”

“Yeah. We watch movie and eat.” Yibo said, small smile appeared on his lips. Zhoucheng raised his brow a little.

“You’re really happy, aren’t you?”

“Mm.” Yibo hummed as he drank the water from the fridge. Zhoucheng watched his brother’s movement. “I’m going to shower and sleep.”

“Yeah, do that. Tomorrow isn’t weekend, you must have class.” Zhoucheng said to Yibo who walked out from the kitchen to his room.

“Yeah, I do. Oh, Cheng-ge.” Yibo paused and turned to his brother. “Happy Birthday.”

Zhoucheng nodded. “Thank you. Good night.”

“Good night.” Yibo smiled a little and left. Zhoucheng watched his brother walked into the room. He stood there for a while before exhaled.

“I hope everything will be fine. You seem to like him so much.” Zhoucheng said. He had heard something from Zhennan accidentally this morning. About Minghao’s mistake. It wasn’t on purpose, Zhoucheng had a class with Zhennan today and they sat together. During the class, they accidentally exchanged their phone. Zhoucheng realized it during the lunch time as Minghao sent a message to Zhennan, he accidentally opened it because he thought it’s his phone. Zhennan’s phone didn’t have password so he easily accessed and saw the older conversation between the two best friends. Eventually something about the confession on Valentine appeared in the conversation too. When Zhoucheng confronted Zhennan to return the phone back, he asked about that matter. Zhennan was reluctant to say as it’s his best friend’s matter but he instead asked Zhoucheng to keep quiet and believe his intuition. Zhennan believed the two had fallen for each other and it’s better that to let this matter to them. He also convinced Zhoucheng that Minghao likes Yibo already even he didn’t notice. Zhoucheng didn’t say anything but he opted to watch the couple for a while.

He realized Yibo looked better since he’s with Minghao, he believed his brother has feelings for Minghao. He just needed to make sure Zhennan’s instinct on Minghao was right. Zhoucheng exhaled. “I swear to god, if he hurts Yibo I’m going to get him equal.”

Zhoucheng went to take a sip of water before retired to his own room.

 

 

“Hey, can I borrow him for a while?” Zhennan suddenly appeared while Minghao and Yibo were eating their lunch. Earlier Zhennan said he couldn’t join because he had matters to do but suddenly he appeared making the pair confused as well. Yibo was quick to snap from the trance and just gave him a nod. Zhennan smiled and pulled Minghao to follow him. Minghao frowned as he let Zhennan took him away in rush.

“What’s wrong?” Minghao asked as they stopped at the corner. Zhennan took a breath.

“Good news or not-so-good news first?” Zhennan asked. Minghao frowned.

“What?”

Zhennan sighed. “Never mind I made my choice. Good news first. Remember the anti-fan page of yours?” Minghao nodded lightly. Zhennan smiled. “It was reported and taken down today. I have found out there is someone that keep reporting each of malicious comments and posts, few bully accounts were suspended and eventually the page is taken down.” Minghao nodded.

“It’s a good news, right?”

“Yes, indeed. Because there’s a fan page of you now.” Minghao frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“Someone created fan page for you, and I think is the same person reported those cyberbullies. This person had posted many positive things about you and also subtly warned people not to spread false rumours about you. Or giving threats on you.” Zhennan said. “I will show you the page later. It’s interesting that the profile picture is Kermit thou.” Minghao just nodded.

“Okay. Then, the other news?”

Zhennan exhaled. “I come across a post by Tia’s follower. Jun-qianbei and Tia are together.”

“What? When?”

“Not sure, but the post updated the two were on date yesterday.”

“Oh no. How we didn’t know this?”

“It’s weird as well. Tia usually proudly posted about her new boyfriend on her Weibo.” Zhennan said. Minghao didn’t really listen to that.

“I’m going to find qianbei.” Minghao said and already left. Zhennan exhaled. He knew it will be this way. Zhennan still wondered if Minghao likes their senior too.

None of the best friends noticed, but Yibo actually followed them and heard about Zhennan telling Minghao about Junhui and Tia. He noticed Minghao left and continued to follow the guy unnoticed.

Minghao found Junhui at one of the dance room the senior often practiced during lunchtime. Junhui rarely ate at the café, he liked to bring food from home. “Qianbei.”

Junhui turned. “Oh, hey Minghao.” Junhui called him over. Both of them sat down at the corner. “What’s up? Do you already have lunch?”

“Ah, yes, already eat.” A lie. Minghao ignored that matter and talked again. “I have heard you and Tia are together, qianbei.” Minghao asked looking at the guy. Junhui smiled.

“Oh. Yes, we are.”

“When?”

“Last week. I didn’t get to confess on Valentine, and until last week only I manage to see her.” Junhui explained.

“Why I didn’t know this…”

Junhui grinned. “You’re busy with your love life.” Junhui said nudging him playfully. Minghao felt blushes crept on his cheeks but he pushed it away. He turned at Junhui with serious looks.

“Jun-qianbei, Tia… isn’t a good girl. She had been dating many guys, for fame and maybe for money as well. She’s kind of a… materialistic girl. I’m sorry to say this but… she’s a .” Minghao said reluctantly. Junhui stared at him for a while before smiling lightly.

“I know.” Minghao gasped. Junhui smiled. “I have heard about her, she’s infamous too even in my year. But I’m taking risk, Minghao. I just happened to like her. Don’t call her ?”

“Jun-qianbei… I just don’t want to get heart-broken later. Why you have to like her?”

Junhui just smiled. “I will be fine. I also want to give her chance, who knows she could change? And… Minghao, you also know we couldn’t choose the person we like.” Minghao sighed.

“Okay. I really hope you will find your happiness, qianbei. You’re a great senior to me and I’m worried for you.”

“I know. And thank you.”

“If anything – god forbid – happened, please don’t hesitate to find me. I’m going to give the best support for you, Jun-qianbei.” Junhui smiled and hugged Minghao one arm.

“Thank you, Minghao. You’re the best.” The two shared a smile and chuckled together. “Thank you, bro. Love you.”

“Love you too, in bro way.” They laughed to their own attic. Minghao shook his head chuckling. “We would definitely fall apart if I succeed with the confession to you on Valentine.” Junhui’s laughter ceased and he stared at Minghao. Minghao noticed the silent and then realized he said his thought out loud. He gasped and panicked.

“Minghao? What do you mean?” Minghao bit his lips.

“I… uh, um.”

“Minghao. Explain.” Junhui said firmly. Minghao gulped.

“I- I’m sorry! I know it’s stupid but I feel like you won’t listen to me if I told you about Tia. So… so I thought of a plan to stop you from confessing to her and get together because I know if you confess, Tia won’t bat an eye to accept you.”

Junhui connected the dot. “So, that time…”

“I thought of confessing to you. No, don’t get me wrong, I love you as my elder brother. I just want to stop you from going to her. So I planned confessing to you on the Valentine.”

Junhui gasped. “Minghao, are you nuts? That- that…”

“I know, I’m sorry. I should have talk to you about Tia instead, like right now.”

Junhui sighed. “Just great it didn’t happen as your plan or else I don’t know what happened to us.”

“I’m sorry.” Minghao felt bad. Junhui nodded before he realized.

“Wait. Then, Yibo?” Minghao gulped. Junhui stared at him. “Does he know what actually happened?”

Minghao shook his head. “I don’t know how I could get the wrong person that day.” Minghao bit his lips. “I don’t know how to tell him.” Junhui sighed.

“Minghao. You should tell him.”

“I want to but I don’t know how. And then, when I think I could tell him there’s always something stopped me. There’s never a right time.” Minghao sighed heavily.

“Do you like him?” Minghao startled. Junhui looked at the younger.                                    

“I-” Minghao looked lost. He never did really asked himself about this. Junhui watched the changing expression in silent. He waited for Minghao. “I don’t know.”

“Look. I have known Yibo for sometimes as I’m Zhoucheng’s friend for some years already. I watch that kid grow up in a way. He never really care or talk with someone else other than Zhoucheng, their family, his dance groups and me. But Yibo also rarely talked to me. So, when I see him with you, I could tell he at least very comfortable with you. That you’re important to him.”

Minghao fell silence. He didn’t know what to say. Zhennan had tell him about the cold Yibo as well. When Junhui said this, he knew he could believe it even more as Junhui knew Yibo lot closer than Zhennan.

“I want you to think about your feelings for him. Then, tell him about the mistake you did too. That you must tell him, don’t lie to him anymore. Honesty and trust is something very important in any relationship.” Junhui advised. Minghao nodded. “If you ask my opinion, you two look like a couple in love you know?” Junhui said and Minghao blushed. Seeing the blushes, Junhui laughed.

“You’re teasing me, qianbei.” Junhui laughed again.

“Well, think about it okay? Yibo is a very good man I may say, if you like him, you should fight for him. Make it right.” Junhui said patting the shoulder as an encouragement. Minghao nodded understandingly.


A/N: Hello Dolls! Oh my god, I basically delay this one too long, I'm sorry I just caught up with many things these days. Then stressing about the covid pandemic some more. There's a partial lockdown here due to increasing number of cases, so many people had to be at home and work from home. But because my work is kind of in important sector, so I still have to go to work. It's scary and mentally drained if frankly speaking... I just hope I will be fine everytime I go out. My boss has tried to do a work rotation but since some of work needed the office's internet, we all can't fully stay at home. Aih, it's tiring really. Everyone, stay safe and always take care of your hygiene. Be responsible if you're sick. Be at home and only go out when necessary. Anyway, I babble too much about it. This story, I don't even know why I took Zhennan as Minghao's friend when they have . But then you know, when I start write this I suddenly have this feeling that I want to see Yibo and Minghao together hahhaa. I even revisit the dance collaboration they had done in DDU huhu. To be very honest, I adore this story more than the 1st XuWenWangWang AU hahaha. So, I hope you like and enjoy the story. See you soon in the next chapter, Dolls, annyeong! COMMENTS ARE LOVED.