Jonghyun's Warning

My Obsessed Idol

 

I was grounded until further notice. Jonghyun got scolded so badly by appa and Jiyeon. I was holding his hands the whole time, but he didn't even flinch every time my appa would yell. Is it because he feels the same way as appa do towards me? Is Jonghyun mad at me too?
 
I didn't worry too much about what appa and Jiyeon would think about Jonghyun after what happened. They love Jonghyun; sometimes they even love him more than me. 
 
"Hey. Go to sleep now. I just got home." I had my mobile phone pressed between my ear and my pillow. It glanced at my bedside clock. It says 5:30am already. I seriously wanna cry. Jonghyun had been waiting for me the whole time and look at what happened, he got scolded, yelled at and now he just got home because of me.
 
"Jihye-ah?" He called softly. I can tell he'd been so tired.
"Jonghyun-ah. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." I cried. Suddenly, I miss my bestfriend. I miss him. 
"Shh.." I heard him cooed. "Don't cry now. Hurry go to sleep." He said. from his voice, I can hear him smiling gently; Jonghyun's always like that. Instead of bombarding me questions of my whereabouts, he'd always think of my welfare. 
 
"Do you want me to sing you to sleep?" He offered. 
"Ah, it's okay. You're tired too.  I just want to hear your voice before I sleep." I said. Jonghyun used to sing me to sleep since I found out he has a gawd-so-friggin-awesome-is-even-understatement-voice. At first he didn't want to, but when I got in trouble for lying about this one school trip, (in which I was sure my parents wouldn't let me, so I told them Jonghyun's family had invented me for the weekend, but in truth, we had a class trip), Jonghyun sung me a lullaby until I finally stopped crying and fell asleep.
 
"Okay. Let's sleep now, okay? I'll be seeing you later in a few hours." Jonghyun said before we hung up.
-
The rest of the day was pretty normal. At least, we tried to be. I could see that Jonghyun was really sleepless. He looked like he will go crazy if I throw another 'I'm really sorry at him'.
 
"Look. Okay," Jonghyun held both of my arms and made me look at him. "If you feel that bad, then,"
I raised my eyebrows at him, expectantly. He straightened himself and a smug smile on his face can be seen.
 
"For the whole week, treat me to this new coffee shop I saw yesterday. And I won't be even saving you from bills this time. I wanted to try some of their cakes, but I have no money yesterday," He continued blabbering, making me roll my eyes, but smiling as the two of we continued making our way to my building.
 
"But I'm still grounded. You know how appa is..." I said, suddenly feeling very worried.
 
"I'll ask permission then." Jonghyun said bravely and gave me his signature smile that made me dizzy for a little.
"O-Okay," I said. I know my father likes Jonghyun so much. But will his charms actually work this time? Appa looks really scary last night.
 
-
 
I pouted sadly as I watched Jonghyun and my father laughing and shouting victoriously together, watching a football match in the living room. Just a little bit and I'm quite positive my father will adopt Jonghyun as his son already. Sometimes I wonder what Jonghyun did to my father that my dad seems to just fall in love with him.
 
I saw Jonghyun glanced at me, looking worried. The thing is, my father is a bit clingy when it comes my best friend. Maybe because Jonghyun is the only male that is allowed to go in and out of our house unharmed. I was all ready and made up to go but I just don't have the heart to take Jonghyun away from my father.
 
Appa looked beside him, noticing Jonghyun wasn't reacting to what they were watching anymore and saw that he was communicating with me through eyes.
 
"You guys going somewhere?" My dad asked, his voice dead panned. 
I swallowed. But I thought Jonghyun said he got it all taken cared of.
 
"Yeah sir. See, I wanted to take Jihye to this really nice coffee shop --"
"Weren't you two together the whole time yesterday already?" Dad suddenly said, not looking at Jonghyun. I know he doesn't like scolding Jonghyun so much. 
"Well, yes.. but we didn't really had the chance to go there yesterday." Jonghyun just replied quietly. I hate it when he's lying just because of me. I saw my dad glanced back at me.
 
"Well, it's almost dinner time already. Just stay here for dinner. If you go around eating cakes and coffee, you won't be able to have your dinner."
 
I silently walked up to them and sat beside Jonghyun. He was still smiling politely and discreetly reached for my hand.
 
"Just go hang out there in the room or something, your mom is almost done with dinner anyway." It's my dad's way of saying I'm still grounded. I pouted sadly, but Jonghyun shook my arm slightly.
 
"I'd love to stay for dinner though!" Jonghyun said, I looked up to him.
"Yeah. Just call your parents and say you're here." My dad said. He's finally letting him go, maybe because he can't stand my pouting and whining quietly.
 
Jonghyun stood up and pulled me with him while we excused ourselves.
 
"Ah. We'll just go next time then." He said as he plopped down on my bed. 
"But I want to go." I said sadly, sitting on the edge.
"Ya, I said we'll go next time, okay?" He said as he sat up and pinched my nose lightly.
-
 
Lee Joon had called after we had dinner, which is just on time, since Jonghyun and I just got back to my room. Jonghyun was strumming the guitar by my bed while I got up and took the call.
 
"Hey." Lee Joon answered on the other line. He sounded really tired. I glanced back at Jonghyun. I suddenly remember I haven't told him everything.
 
"Hi! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to text you." I said. "Are you okay? You sounded so tired."
 
"Yeah. I called you as soon as we finished our filming. Did you eat already?" He asked. I feel like my heart was leaping. The way he asked it, he sounded to concern. I know Jonghyun always asks the same thing, but the way Lee Joon says it, it's really... it's so different!
 
"Yeah. I just finished. How about you?" I asked back, slightly frowning. His voice sounded hoarse. Like he hadn't had any rest yet.
 
"We're just about to go and grab something to eat," He paused and excused himself as someone called his name in the background. "Are you with someone there?" He suddenly asked.
 
"Ah. Jonghyun is here. He's accompanying me since my dad won't let me go out." I simply said. 
 
"We're you grounded because of me?" He asked, he sounded really guilty and bad. 
 
"Nah. It's not your fault --"
 
"But can I still see you? I really miss you." He whined a little. That really made me laugh. He's so cute.
 
Suddenly Jonghyun approached me, not realizing I was on phone.
 
"Jihye, I'll re-tune your guitar, it's out of tune already," He said. "Oh, who's that?"
 
"Joon!" I mouthed to him while I covered the mouthpiece. He just raised an eyebrow and walked back to the bed.
 
"I'm sorry that was--"
 
"I thought you said you're not together with him." He was started arguing. I can sense that his mood were instantly changing. Is this what they keep saying the 'moody Lee Joon'?
 
"I just told you he was here--"
 
"You told me he's not your boyfriend." It never occurred to me that the thought of Jonghyun and me alone in my room made him really jealous. It's really normal! Plus, it's not like Jonghyun will do something to me. Heck, he's even allowed to sleep over here at our house and vice versa. As long as we don't sleep together on the same bed.
 
"Joon! He's not. He's my bestfriend!" I told him, sounding a little desperate. From my peripherals, I saw Jonghyun glancing up at me, sensing my distress.
 
After a couple of minutes not replying, I heard Joon sighed. "Are you mad? I'm sorry--"
 
"No. It's not your fault. I'm sorry I got upset with you." He cut me off.
 
"I just missed you so much" He continued, catching me off guard. Did he really mean it?
 
"I... Well, me too." I just said, softly. Come to think of it, Jonghyun and I spend the whole day with just the two of us, no Joon. 
 
"Can I see you tomorrow? I can drop by your school for a while and spend time together." He offered. I was actually touched that he's willing to spend time with me despite his busy schedule.
 
"You don't have any schedule tomorrow?" I asked him. 
 
"Well, I have, but I can drop by, can't I?" He insisted. I giggled a little. He sounded like a rebel little boy.
 
"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." I said, feeling more excited now. 
 
"You need to go already?" He asked, sounding sad again. 
 
"I'll just call again later, okay? Right now, you need to eat and rest. I'll text you!" I promised. He then gave in, say goodbye and hung up. I can sense that Lee Joon is starting to be a bit clingy but hey, I've always said I like clingy guys, just like him, so it's not really a problem.
 
I went back to Jonghyun side and watched him tune my guitar. I'm not the best at playing it, but Jonghyun gave them to me, so I take good care of it. 
"Sing me a song!" I said lightly, smiling at my best friend.
 
"You still haven't told me about Lee Joon." Jonghyun said quietly. I pursed my lips. Right. 
 
I swallowed before speaking. "Well, actually, I wasn't even sure until yesterday that it wasn't all a dream. When Lee Joon showed up at school, that's when I realized they were all real."
 
I immediately retrieved my signed MBLAQ album and showed him. He just nodded quietly as I continued my story. Of course, I left the details, like how Joon and I held hands and hugged that night. I know Jonghyun. He'd say that was too much of a move for a first date. And he'd even question me if it was even considered a date. 
 
I sighed when I finished.
 
"Well, say something," I said when he didn't say anything.
 
He looked up at me, his eyes unreadable.
 
"Well, all I can say is just be careful. I know you're happy and all, that this is Lee Joon already. But I just want you to be careful." He said. I smiled at him, hugging his arm.
 
"Are you scared that Lee Joon is taking me away from you?" I . 
 
"Yes." He answered honestly. I gaped at him. I wasn't expecting him to answer to like that. He gave me a look and shrugged. 
 
"Hey, you know you're still my Jonghyun." I said, shaking his arm a little when he looked away. I don't know why he's so worried. It's Lee Joon. This is Lee Joon, he almost know him inside and out since I forcefully feeding him infos about my bias. 
 
What could Lee Joon even do to me anyway?