Six

My Time

6 months later. 

“I already bought a ticket”, appeared on your phone screen. 

 

You had butterflies in your stomach that you couldn’t sleep properly the day he said he had bought a ticket.

You were so excited to see him again and were happy because Jungkook kept his promise. You planned to take some time off from the office and go to the airport to meet him. Everyone in the office was curious why you were taking time off when you didn’t usually request one.

* * * 

After a few weeks of silence when you went back to normal life from the short island escape, you stopped pretending as if a world pop star would text you. But one day a message notification popped up on the screen of your phone and you smiled.

Time was passing by and you were exchanging more and more messages day by day. It was surprising he was texting a lot, because you had in mind that Jungkook doesn’t like texting based on what you read before. 

Once Jungkook suddenly sent a message when he supposedly should have been on set. 

“I am so packed these days… So much work…” 

“Please don't forget to rest when you have time”

“Yep… Whatcha doing?”

“In the office. Just out for lunch with colleagues”.

“Ohhhh I see… will you have time in the evening?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Let’s have… a video call…?”, you were startled by his suggestion to have a video call, so you even stopped in the middle of the road.

“Mmm…. Yeah we… can… what time…?”

“10pm by your time will be ok?” 

“Yes”

“Alright. See you :D”.

You were freaking nervous because you didn’t like photos or videos, you didn’t like phone calls with people you didn’t used to talk by phone and strangers even though you could know the person quite long. Video calls were frightening you. Since you already gave the answer, you had no choice but to do it.

He texted in advance he would be a bit late, because he was stuck with recording in the studio. Jungkook called when you almost fell asleep.  

JK was shy to look at the camera first, when he was living in front of thousands cameras every day for more than 10 years. 

You were talking about some random stuff as usual in a half sleep state… But in the end of the call….

“Sorry… but can… we… hang on for a while…”, you nodded to his question half asleep. “I have … question”

“Please proceed accordingly”, you said jokingly. 

“I… like you… will you be… my girlfriend?”

You thought you misheard the confession and question. You lost your sleep immediately. 

“What…”, the only thing you could articulate properly and quietly.

“Do you like…me?”, your eyes were so round as never before. 

There was silence for less than a minute, but as it always happens during moments of awkwardness, it seemed it had taken a century to say something.

“I mean… Yeah… I mean…”, you wanted to say what you were supposed to properly, so he wouldn’t be offended.

“You don’t sound convincing….”, JK made a comment on how weird your answer was and you could see his panic in his eyes.

 I don’t know how to properly say… Promise… you won’t get offended”

“Promise”, he was very serious and ready to listen whatever bad you were about to say if ever.

“Are you sure to do long distance…?”

"Why are you asking so? Yes… I am sure”, he breathed out with relief and the happiest smile, because your question answered his most frightening question. 

“I just… had an experience… and it didn’t work out… he didn’t make time or effort to meet… I know you have a super busy schedule than I do or most people and…”

“And?” Jungkook stopped smiling, scared to hear the opposite which would turn events completely. 

“And you are famous. I can’t ignore that fact. And all consequences that can cause your band”.

“How we will know if we don’t try, right? I thought about everything, but at the end of day… I think we need to try… if you’re ok… I'm ok… Then we will understand if it works or not… along the way… I understand where you’re coming from… You’re right I have a really tight schedule, but just… we can try, right?”.

First time in life, you met an emotionally available guy who was open, kind and straightforward. 

“Yep”, both of your eyes became a half moon from excitement. 

* * * 

You noticed him right away as the gates had opened even though he was quite covered and with a mask on, and a bucket hat. Jungkook saw you immediately, walking faster towards you. 

“Hey! I thought I would see you at home”.

“Surprise?”.

“Love it!”, he whispered softly in your ear, and you could feel his playful smirk.

“Let’s move to the side. I will grab a taxi”.

So many people were staring at both of you, whispering to each other and trying to eavesdrop. And he was taller than you which was quite a contrast, but completely in tune with clothes color. Both were all black. You turned your attention to JK, and he was looking around, waiting for your direction.

He was taking a bit of distance when you were in public, which you found a bit weird for a moment but when you realized it was normal since he was a public figure and famous around the globe who was just taking precautions. Once when you were alone in a taxi, JK held your hand immediately.

It was so unusual and forgotten long time ago feeling. You needed some time to get used to it and the idea you and Jungkook were really together and it was not part of your imagination. 

 

“Here we go. Please feel like home. And yes, I don’t accept any complaints about small space”.

“I used to live in a small apartment before, no complaints will be submitted”, he laughed it off.

Jungkook took a shower first and didn’t want to eat anything for the moment, so you decided to go to sleep. 

Both were laying down on bed facing each other.

“Actually, it’s my first time… living with someone…”

“I am sorry in advance, I snore. And talk if I am extremely tired”. 

“I snore too, so let’s snore out of each other”, you both laughed. 

“I am gonna work half day tomorrow, so after I come back we can go sightseeing around”.

“Is it really ok? it won’t affect your job…?”

“There's less pressure here. There is one, but less comparing to yours am sure” 

“Do you have anything you want to visit or eat?”

“Let’s go to the island on weekends and I am craving for seafood. You don’t have any food allergy, right?”.

“None, I can eat anything even really spicy. Do you have anything specific you want to visit in the city?”

“I googled one place”, and Jungkook suddenly kissed you gently on the lips out of nowhere. 

His lips had a taste of ripe peach. Soft… Silky… Sweet…

He pulled back slowly and you were looking at each other for another minute without words. The gentle tension was there, all over your body. He pulled you closer, mercifully kissing your lips, then your neck, his hand circling around your waist and then lower… He was above you, taking off his t-shirt then Jungkook took off your t-shirt, then unhooked your bra while his kisses were getting more passionate and his hands touching soft and sensitive parts of your body...

Jungkook was gentle, every time looking at you, reassuring that if you were feeling good, if he was doing right…

                                                           * * *

JK woke up suddenly when you tried to close the entrance door gently in the morning. 

Jungkook checked the messenger and only Youngi’s one attracted him. 

“Jungkook-a, can you do guide for this track when you have time?”

“Ok”, JK gave a short answer. 

“Here are the lyrics and sample of music”. 

While doing morning exercise, he was listening to music. Jungkook was pausing from time to time to check on lyrics. His head was filled up by variations of how he can record it.

 

You looked bright from inside out and colleague asked you,

“You’re literally glowing. What happened?”

“Just happy. I am taking half a day by the way”, you tried to sound as normal as possible, but you couldn’t hide your smile.

“Wow you came in early, taking half a day. It’s suspicious. Is your hometown friend here again?”.

“Not hometown friend”, the only tease you could give and it was enough. 

“Aha! I will watch you”, and friend gestured with fingers pointing out her eyes and yours. 

 

“Wahh seriously you don’t need to cook”, you told feeling uncomfortable, seeing him cooking when you were back from office.

“But I want”, you jumped next to him with a super happy face. 

“What are you cooking?”

“Some pork with my personal secret sauce. You will like it”, you hugged him from behind when he was stirring and you felt how he was smiling. 

“Did you have breakfast?” 

“Had some snacks since I was not so hungry. How was office?”

“As usual. Nothing changes”, she noticed he did a small set up with a microphone. “Wow… did you record something?”.

“Yoongi-hyung asked me to record a guide”.

“Will you let me listen?”, you looked at him with cunning eyes. 

“But if I let you listen, you won’t tell anyone, promise?”, Jungkook turned off the heat and he grabbed his phone.

“Promise”, you kissed him on the cheek, standing on tip of the toes. Somehow you felt shy to kiss him on the lips no matter what happened last night. 

“Why are you shy now?”, he asked directly. 

“Cuz… I feel weird… It’s day time”. 

“Only promise I can accept is a kiss”, Jungkook pulled you, smirking, and kissed. 

 

“Is it for his new album?”, right at that moment after listening to the demo she thought her inner fan dream came true when she got to know a project no one knows. 

“I believe it’s for Jin hyung album”. 

“I can say it's a really different sound for Jin”.

“Aha you noticed that”, JK was quite surprised by your observation. “Actually, I have something to talk about…”, you didn’t like his tone turned suddenly serious. 

“What about? It seems like it's going to be a scary topic”.

“Don’t get me wrong please.”

“Alright. Go ahead”.

“I brought an NDA… Can you please sign it after you read it through?… You know what it is?”

“Non-disclosure agreement”, you expected it would happen in theory, not for real. 

“You can read through the agreement and ask me any questions. I will reply to all questions you have. Please just don’t take it personally… it doesn’t mean I don’t trust you… I hope you understand where I am coming from…” 

“Yes, I understand. Mm… I can’t post anything online… like holding hands even, right?”

“Nope… we can do pictures together and keep it to ourselves tho. Like now”, Jungkook turned the camera on and took selfies of how he was seriously staring at you and you were looking into the camera. “What’s your airdrop name?”

“It’s smmrnght”. 

“So both of us have this photo to be fair”.

“I will sign it now without reading, but I will read it later on”.

“This is your copy”. 

There was a short silence. Couldn’t say it was awkward, but there was something unusual in the air. It felt much more real what’s going on between the two of you. 

“It was too easy”, Jungkook was surprised a bit, he didn’t know he should be glad that there was no drama or questions, or he should be suspicious from now on?

“What do you mean?”

“I mean usually people get disappointed, upset when we ask to sign an NDA…”. 

“I understand your situation. I would do the same if I was like you in the spotlight, especially now when internet trolls cancel you here and there without any huge reasons”.

“You’re really… something… “ Jungkook was observing you while you were enjoying the pork. “How would someone let you go…?”. 

“Might be difficult to handle…sometimes?”, you replied but JK just kissed you on the forehead.

* * * 

Since the day your colleagues were seeing you extremely happy, they kept asking who was that person making you so happy and decided to take half day leave throughout the week. 

“How come you’ve not bumped onto them? You live in the same building, even the same block!”, one of your close colleagues asked your neighbor. 

“I thought I would come across since Jupiter was afraid before but now I dunno what’s happening. I wanna judge. Please see me”, he joked. 

You just laughed it off, hoping you wouldn’t encounter each other in the elevator which would be uncomfortable for you because no one ever saw you with a guy or even anyone else.