Two

My Time

It was exactly same person you were thinking about...

Right after moment you saw the person inside the shop, the appearance features reminded him Jungkook, but, of course, you were sarcastic that it was impossible to be him. 

Jeon Jungkook. The person you have never expected to meet same spot, not considering concert if you ever go. “But how come he is here?”, you were thinking a bit confused. 

Famous celebrity was in front of you, but he was so simple and humble that didn’t make you feel any different from non-celebrity people. 

 

“Jupiter”, he put hoodie off, mumbling it was hot. You looked at him for a while, trying not to have glance on him too long because he was wearing tank top, so you could see his tattoos and body clearly. You felt a bit lost.

“How long have you been on this island?”, you asked, but inside of your head was going through over and over again “calm down. he is a human being as you. calm down”. Because usually when you had meetings with directors, you would say that to yourself and after few moments you would not pay attention on anything. 

 

“Few days already. What about you?”, he was calm but a bit shy. 

 

“I arrived today… with my friend”. 

 

You felt you couldn’t pretend you don’t know anything and somehow lie. 

 

“Actually… I don’t wanna lie, but I recognized you”, he stopped eating suddenly. “I mean, it doesn’t matter. No worries. I won’t tell anything on social media or whatsoever”. 

 

“Thank you” and you continued eating like nothing happened. 

 

“I really like cheese carbonara samyang. It’s my bad addiction”. you said suddenly to make the atmosphere to get lighter. 

 

“Korean food is the best hehe Have… you tried…?”, he asked with curious sight.

 

“Sure! I have favourite korean barbeque restaurant in the city!”, he smiled at you, that his eyes became shape of half moon. “Have you tried local food?”

“Just a bit”.

“You really should try everything here. I am in love with local cuisine!”. 

 

This was how food made you connected to each other no matter how funny it can be in life. 

 

You your old playlist from soundcloud on the way back to hotel. You started from Tone Stith “Hold it down”. From the first beats of song, you felt how playful mood was coming back to you that you were doing some little dance moves, following the lazy melody. 

Jungkook had a big smile on face, but at the same time shy. You could see the way he was holding himself to not to dance. 

 

“You’re always like this?”, JK asked you, following you along the dark street. 

“When I am away from the city and office, I guess”, you were walking backward and suddenly fell down because you couldn’t balance on the little hill. 

“Oh ”, Jungkook ran towards you immediately. “Are you ok?”.

“Yeah… kinda…”, you lied feeling embarrassed somehow. 

Jungkook reached out which you accepted and he pulled you in himself. You and him were standing to each other so close that you could feel smell of his body. Your heartbeat was going on racing competition. You looked at him from below and he was tall enough for you. First few seconds, he was looking into your eyes in silence. Then… suddenly you stepped back so you wouldn’t make him feel uncomfortable. You let his hand go…

 

Jungkook smiled at you with some regret, but didn’t dare to say anything.

“What plans do you have tomorrow? guys?”, you asked trying to be normal like nothing happened. 

“Mmm… we were planning to go diving”.

“Oh that’s cool!”

“It’s beautiful island. Will be wasted if we don’t go diving”. 

“True”. 

 

You arrived not far from both hotels. 

“Thanks for joining the dinner”, you said smiling and didn’t know what else to add. 

Whole the situation was really awkward, because he is celebrity and you’re next door person.

“Thanks to you too! and be careful with leg!”.

It seemed he wanted to say something, because he was standing simply, looking at you and fumbling edge of tank top, but didn’t dare to do anything.

“Bye…”, you said silently…

“Bye…”, he replied sadly which you could feel it when you stepped back to go towards the hotel. “...see you…”.

 

“Let’s go hiking late”, you suggested to your friend during lunch time. 

Till this moment you didn’t tell Polly what had happened yesterday night. You were hesitating tell or not. 

“Can try… but I think it will be better if we go early in the morning like last time we did in Bali. You know, there is one korean cafe here. We can go there for a dinner”, Polly always liked to plan everything.

“Yasssss! It will be nice! I can have makkoli then! ...it’s just like second day but kinda boring doing nothing, don’t you think so?”, you said suddenly thinking what to do all these next 3 days you were going to stay on island. 

“What do you suggest then?” Polly was still in her laptop game. 

“Let’s do some crazy stuff. or at least let’s take pictures! We’re on island! I can do pictures for your instagram”.

“You know I don’t post much…”

“Let’s stop being boring. We are so young, but living like we’re already 90 years old! Let’s go to search spots for photoshoot”.

“My tummy is full now. Let’s rest first. Then go”.

“Deal”.

 

It was too much of relaxing time, basically doing nothing except swimming, eating, being in laptop, swim again, rest again and check company phone time to time which could make you feel the reality was one click away from you. And then eat again. But finally, you had got something to do, which made you feel excited!

 

You had a fun with photoshoot near the jungle and hills, but you decided to go to beach to meet sunset and do some photos . And it was one of the most beautiful sunsets you had ever seen. 

 

“It would be cool to see this sunset with someone else…”

“With a y man with six pack, who loves animals”, ended your sentence Polly which made you laugh. 

“But it’s cool we could make it this time! haha”.

“Agree… It was really difficult year to be honest… divorce of parents, economic crash, no job, coronavirus…”, you felt sorry for friend, who encountered on struggles which happened all at the same time. 

“But now… let’s enjoy our lifes! Let’s go to take pictures! Fill up the feed haha”, you couldn’t take anymore be sad or worried.

 

On the way back, while talking about something, you saw the guys who you had seen previously. And one of them was Jungkook… You still hadn’t told your friend you met him yesterday night and talked to him…

 

While you were having dinner at italian restaurant, entered bunch of loud people. And again… it was same people you saw before. But Jungkook and one more guy were less louder. 

Jungkook noticed you and his glance stopped on you for a few second… and he smiled to you slightly that nobody would notice any connection between you both, which was understandable for you. 

 

They finished eating earlier than you and Polly because you were having long discussion about life as usual which could lead to even depression how ironically it can sound. 

You came to counter to pay for dinner. After giving a bill, a waitress said:
“Miss, this is for you”, and he handed over folded small piece of paper. You were thinking “what is this…?”

“What is that?”, Polly was looking over your shoulder. 

“I don’t…”, you opened the paper and it was written “1am at spot? JK”. This was really last thing you could expect. 

“Who is that, gurl!!!???”

You had nothing to say and even though you trusted friend that she would never talk about it to anyone, you did not want to tell without any huge reasons. 

“I really have… no idea…”, Polly looked at you suspiciously. 

“I wanna get this kind of letter as well!”, Polly said out loud, pretending crying as a joke. 

 

It was only 9pm, but you were still thinking which spot he was talking about… 

 

Your friend fell asleep around 1am which was good sign that you didn’t need to lie or excuse yourself to go out from hotel at this late hour. 

 

“Ok let’s wait here first or is it store?…”, you were standing in the mid where you went back to own hotels, hesitating you understood correctly or not.

 

1:17pm. “Ok in 10 minutes I am going back home”, there was too long of self discussion going in your head. 

 

After 5 minutes, you heard running steps which was getting closer. A guy in black was running towards you. By silhouette, you understood it’s him… Jungkook.  

 

“I am sorry… I couldn’t run away because one of my hyungs was still awake…”, he explained the situation of being late.

“I forgive you but only today”, you said smiling awkwardly.