Five

My Time

Hiking day. 

“Jungkook-a, how was hiking?”, hyung asked, still laying down on bed with closed eyes.

“It was… good. Refreshing. I will take a shower”.

“I suppose something went wrong…”, the manager mumbled, when Jungkook opened the door to the bathroom.

In the shower JK was recalling moments with her and so many thoughts were going through all at the same time with a speed of light “Why I didn’t do it…? Why didn't she give any signal? Maybe she doesn’t like me? Maybe she is not interested? Then why did she look at me that way? Why was she ok to go out with me? Or did I understand her wrongly?”, “Or she sees me as a friend?”. 

During breakfast, JK texted privately to Namjoon and Jimin, asking “how to know if she likes me?”. He got responses pretty fast. Namjoon replied “I think it’s always a different feeling, coming from a person, feeling like home”. Jimin’s response was so Jimin, “Our little boy fell in love!!! Who is that???”. But he left them as read. 

Jungkook put aside thoughts about her and tried to enjoy his day swimming, going out with friends on a private yacht. 

“Hyung, can you do me a favor please…”.

“What is that?”, the manager-hyung asked, playing on the playstation they brought. 

* * *

“Jungkook-a, I hope you are not making a mistake”, manager-hyung looked pretty concerned. “This is the first and last time I am doing it for you. I need to give heads up to management but since you've asked... But we can’t put you in danger like that. If she is a bad person and just trying to take advantage of you, and even worse, if she uses this opportunity and blackmail you? What’s gonna happen? What’s gonna happen with other members and all of the hard work you’ve all done?”.

“I know… I’ve thought about it… I promise I will be extra careful… She doesn’t feel... like someone who will blackmail me…”.

“We have to change phone number again if she does something fishy. Just keep me updated”.

“Yes… as always…”, Jungkook murmured, nodding in agreement. 

“Other guys don’t know about it?”.

“No, I didn’t tell them, but I asked Namjoon hyung and Jimin hyung about something, so I think… they might suspect something”. 

“No need to say anything yet. Or else they will be worried about you. I am sure it will end here in a few days once we leave”, JK nodded again in agreement with possibility. “Why can’t you just date any other singer…”, manager-hyung kept mumbling. 

 * * * 

“Hi”, JK jumped out of bed when he got the message. 

“Hey there”.

“Why are you not sleeping?”, the guy couldn’t wait for the answer and sent another message. 

“Dream doesn’t cooperate with me today. Wbu”, Jungkook smiled at the popping messages on notification. 

“I tried to count sheep, but same haha”. 

“When are you going back to the city?”, he wasn’t patient at all today. 

“In another 2 days”. 

“Mmmm ok… you know, we can go to the island if you’re ok…?”.

She read the message, but it seemed she had been contemplating whether to join or not.

“I am sorry but I can’t. Can’t leave friend”.

It was shot straight to the chest. 

She is not interested in me…, the only thought he had was circling in head.

“But we might catch up if you visit the city”, the message changed his mood in a matter of seconds. 

Sure :D” 

And then they kept chatting another few hours about movies they had seen recently, music, about some life experiences, and embarrassing situations etc. 

* * *

On the very next day, JK and Jupiter encountered each other in the coffee shop. Polly almost lost her control when she noticed him and tried to stop making a hole in his body. 

“Ya…. He is stalking you”, Polly said as quietly as possible.

“Am sure, he is not. Just coincidence and this is a nice place to have breakfast”.

“Yes, yes, you can be in denial. I allow you to be delusional”.

“You’re the one who is delusional right now ahaha we came late here and he was already here. We have never talked about it”. 

“Hot… his friend is cute… can you introduce me to that guy?”

“I am not listening to you…”.

“He is…. hot… he has tattoos as well… …. His arms oh my god….”

“I will pretend I don’t know you”, she mumbled and continued surfing the internet on the phone, pretending they are strangers. 

“But his manager… he looks a bit weird… oh…. Don’t look at them…manager suddenly is watching us…”.

“Because you’re watching them, manager is watching you”.

* * *

“Do you wanna go for a walk…?”, Jungkook texted hoping she was awake.

“Yeah let’s go. 7eleven in 15min?”

“Alright. C u!”

Jupiter came into the convenience store. He was choosing some drinks.

“Hey”, you called him, waving as fast as possible and he immediately smiled at you and waved back, holding drinks. 

“Do you want anything? Drinks?”

“Pineapple juice please”. 

They went out for a walk the same way they were going out the first time they met, talking about the previous days with friends and what fun happened during this stay. Everything felt so right at the moment even though both had some unopened feelings for each other. 

“Just wanted to tell… am glad…. to meet you…”, it felt Jungkook was doubtful to say it out loud, but once he said that, she felt as the happiest person on the planet. 

“Me too… You're a really nice guy”, a shy smile was all over the faces. 

“I hope we can keep in touch…”.

“Sure. Just buzz me when you will be around. I will treat you”.

“Sooo….. see you?”, he opened arms, which she would never expect from him.

“See you soon”, she hugged him slowly, softly putting her arms around his waist.

It felt like home. Jungkook felt something like a pinch in heart once she hugged him. They closed eyes to save the moment in their minds. They had mixed feelings: happy because they met, and sad because they needed to part ways and maybe never see each other again. They had too different lives. Total opposite.