Four

My Time

“Wooohooo so cool!”, he shouted in excitement while driving in silence road with no people at all. “So fresh!”, you were just happy because Jungkook was happy and couldn’t stop smiling. 

Out of nowhere you thought to turn on the music to engrave these moments in a memory bank of yours. 

He turned his head a bit to listen to a song Te Vi. It was the vibe of the moment. Summer whole year. Warm weather but not burning hot yet. No people. Just fun. You and him… 

 

The other way was closed, so to get the top of hill, you needed to stop and leave the bike behind. 

“I think we can try to follow that way”, he pointed out the narrow stepped out path not far from one of the biggest tree. 

“Ok let’s just try”.

 

“It’s kinda my first time to go and hike this kind of untouched path”, he was leading the way. 

“If you’re interested in extreme trips, you better check out my hometown”.

“Why? You have dragons over there?”, he said with playful smirk.

“No dragons, but super cold weather and even more untouched than here I think”. 

“Careful. There is some big hole in here”, he showed it, then he asked to take his hand, so you could carefully go up. “How you can stand this hot weather if you’re from cold place?”, you heart fell down somewhere to stomach, when touched hands. 

“I am ok, but I don’t like it when it’s too hot. How about you? I mean when you’re in Singapore or Brazil doing concert, isn’t it hot?”. 

“It is… I almost fainted… few times during concert…”, it felt like he wasn’t sure to tell or not or may be he felt uncomfortable talking about his job. 

“Just let me know if you don’t like me asking about your job”.

“Why you’re saying so?”.

“It feels… you feel uncomfortable talking about it?”.

“Not really. Just don’t like making it as a big deal or making feel pity of me”.

“Not at all. I mean… I guess you already got used to it… oh my god… how long we need to go up more….?”, you changed topic so you wouldn’t ruin the moment. 

“I think another 10-15 minutes and we will be there. You can do it!”, but you already noticed that he slowed down his pace, because obviously you were slower, comparing to him, and most probably not used to it. 

 

Hiking was tiring, not only you need to go up, but the weather was getting warmer. The view from the top was extremely beautiful even though in the evening it might be even more beautiful. You were catching your breathe, when Jungkook seriously said:

“You look like a tomato right now”.

“Ms. Tomato is at your command, sir”, and you did small bow as it was done in the centuries ago. 

He laughed loudly, saying, “you’re cute”, but in your mind was crying with the thought “why I have to look ugliest in front of handsome guy… why my life is like that….?”. 

Fresh wind blew, going through the trees, you felt happy to feel it and smiled, enjoying the view and also it felt so right. Deja vu. 

Jungkook and you looked at each other, exchanging smiles. 

 

You sat down on the fallen tree. Jungkook sat next to you, handing over the water.

“I like how quiet it is here”, it seemed Jungkook was recalling something in mind, then he started quietly singing “Forever we are young…. 날리는 꽃잎들 사이로내가 헤매어 달리는 미로… forever we are young… 넘어져 다치고 아파도 끝없이 달리네 꿈을 향해…. Forever ever…ever…”.  You couldn’t take eyes off him… He looked even more handsome, when he sings. 

“Actually, you look really cool when you sing”, his eyes became bigger from unexpected sentence of yours. He really didn’t expect to hear that right now, blushing immediately in a few seconds. 

“…thank you…”, you could see how extremely shy he was to accept that. “…Let’s take picture…?”

“Oh my gosh I look awful right now…” it was the scariest you could do because you didn’t like being on picture generally, but moreover, you felt you looked ugliest you could be. 

“You still look cute. Let’s try at least”, he grabbed his phone and moved to you closer. 

You were incredibly shy and didn’t know what to do.

“Can I not look at the camera?”, it was the most stupid you could ask.

“Why? Where will you look at then?”, the camera was already on and on the reflection he could see you were looking at him. He turned his head to you… It was only few centimetres between you both… “I just noticed…”, it seemed both of you could hear each other hearts’ beats, getting faster. “You have light brown eyes…”, Jungkook said quietly, couldn’t take eyes off of you. You became Ms. Tomato again, couldn’t find the right words to say! 

 

“Now I can look at camera”, it was the most wrongs words you could have ever said… 

 

* * *

 

You came back hotel happy but with a bit taste of regret. You started thinking about the moment over and over again, feeling stupid more and more every time you replayed it in mind. 

“You are silent suddenly… Something happened? Where have you been this morning actually?”, Polly asked you while having breakfast in the coffeeshop. 

“Promise me you won’t tell about it anybody”, you were serious to open up, because it was eating you up, you needed some objective opinion of your friend on the situation. 

“Promise… oh my god why it sounds so serious… it’s going to be serious talk… you killed someone accidentally? Then I don’t wanna know”, your friend was overly worried. 

“I didn’t but I wanna kill myself…”, you sat back, but then leaned back to friend, so you could talk quietly that no one could ever hear you.

“What happened? Tell me faster! You’re making me really worried”, she was nervously sipping the cappuccino with almond milk. 

“Remember, someone sent me the paper?”, Polly nodded quickly, “I know that person… I mean…”, already her big eyes enough got even bigger, “I met that guy in 7eleven we stop by all the time when I couldn’t sleep…”

“He is handsome?”, the only question your friend was interested. 

“Yes… He has tattoos”, friend stopped eating, because you knew she was into handsome men with tattoos. “One more thing… he is… kinda… famous….?”, knife and fork fell down on plate from hands that sound echoed in whole area and some started looking at her annoyed, some angrily, some puzzled what was topic of conversation that your friend looked shocked. 

“Do.. I know… him?”

“Yes… you do…”, food was barely swallowed. You rapidly typed on the notebook of phone and showed it to friend. 

“What???????!!!!!”, she shouted loudly, but collected herself fast, when you made a glance like everybody could hear. “All this time you were hanging out with him???!!!”. 

You just could nod only.
“Polly, calm down, caaaaaaalm down… okok… breathe in and… out”, she was repeating it to herself few times, “we finish breakfast fast and you tell me, little devil, everything!”.

 

You were at the beach alone and told about the night encounter in details, then how you ran away on harbour and earlier the morning went hiking… And how incredible guy he was! How he was helping when you fell down, and giving his hoodie, so you could not be exposed and etcetera. 

“…Wait. Wait. But you looked a bit down today”, Polly was serious as she had never been. 

“Oh…. yeah… because… I did something stupid”, you told the story about hiking.

“Damn gurl! WHY YOU DIDN’T KISS HIM?????!!! TELL ME WHY????!!! IT WAS T-H-E MOMENT!!! I bet he was waiting for the signal from you to proceed accordingly dude! OMG!!! I CAN’T FORGIVE YOU! CAN LOOK AT CAMERA? HUH? WHAT AN EXCUSE!!!”, Polly was way more frustrated than you expected. “Dude… You lost your chance… It slipped through your fingers like sand… not even sand… like damn oxygen”.

“Oxygen can’t slip through fingers”.

“Exactly! This is as stupid as my comparison!”, she was shaking head so many times, not believing what happened, “okay… tell me what was the reason you didn’t do it? There… should be… logic… constructive reason”. 

“Mmm… it was just perfect moment with him like a movie scene… I didn’t want to destroy it… It was pure…”

“Pure…”, Polly repeated with a bit of sarcasm.

“It would be too fast… And we will never see each other again… He will go back to his reality… I will go back to my boring reality”, which was true if you could look at things realistically. 

You both a minute in total silence, you were thinking how you would go back to office and living life. And he would be going around countries, giving concerts with team.
“…No objection… I guess you didn’t exchange phone numbers”, friend was preparing to go to swim.

“Nope… I can’t ask… It will look like am a weird fan or something like that…”. 

“You’re not definitely… Do you know when is he heading back?”.

“May be in a few days….? I didn’t ask him about it…”, you stepped towards the sea. 

“Dude, now you owe me”.

“What I owe now?”

“You have to introduce me a handsome man like Thor”.

“I will introduce you Captain America”, you both laughed. 

“You better do that!”

 

After swimming you did some work, because got some urgent things to settle. Other than that it was pretty casual and ordinary day without any surprises. 

 

While laying on the bed, you suddenly thought “Will Jungkook remember me…?”.