002: Chapter 2

The Thriller Series: Book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yook Sungjae glided into the studio, his eyes darting from one familiar face to the next, until they stopped on Eunkwang, who was standing closest to the door next to Changsub.

"Hyung," He hugged his friend, his lips parting to show his pearly white teeth. "What is that smell?" He commented on the rather strong pineapple and coffee smell in the room. Changsub bustled forward with his flask and a plastic cup.

"It's my newest creation. Want to try it?" The medium built man asked. Immediately Sungjae's face turned from polite to snarky, as he eyed the thick, chunky liquid in the flask.

"I don't want to try your dirt," Sungjae stated with a hint of sarcasm. He started walking away as Changsub made a come back about him being too scared to try a cup of coffee.

"Hey Sungjae! Thanks for blessing us with your presence! I mean, how long has it been?" Ilhoon hounded on his younger classmate, taking a break from remembering his lines. The room began to have a different, buzzing feeling since Sungjae had entered. Hyunsik had moved in closer to the group, his eyes mere slits as he smiled towards his newly arrived friend. Peniel also had picked himself off the floor and came to greet Sungjae.

The air in the room had now mingled to a mixture of dried sweat and pineapple coffee, leaving it rather dank and unappetizing but the boys continued on conversing with each other. They were so distracted that they didnt notice the hallway outside their studio becoming quieter and the amount of eyes looking into the room were dwindling. The holiday had arrived and many students had a long way home. Outside of the Art Academy and Tech Institute, the light was dwindling even more as the wind picked up, the sky opened and little drops of rain began to fall  from the dark looming clouds. Even so, the little studio continued to chatter on merrily.

"I've been working on two final projects so I haven't had much time to visit," Sungjae was explaining his long absence to the group who had huddled around him. Sungjae was a dual major, acting and electrical and creative engineering. He was very popular within both schoolds due to his acting in the school web drama and then became popular through other dramas that hit the mainstream. He was also majoring in creative engineering which not many students ventured to do, and if that wasn't enough, his father was the schools' president. 

"What are you working on?" Changsub piped up, curious about his final project. Sungjae twirled his head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter