--FOUR--

Tangled Webs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 --FOUR--

 

What follows that day are rushed meetings, sometimes weeks apart, others only days apart, but driven by the same heat and desire, never quenched.

A huge iron-clasped grip squeezes her heart each time she sneaks behind her members' back, knowing full well the danger of going to his place but choosing to continue anyway.

After each time, Chaeyoung promises to herself that it's the last time, that surely she's had enough, but every time Jungkook sends her another text, she goes back for more.

He's a drug she's growing addicted to.

When her brain overrides her hormones, always when she returns to the silence of her dorm, she wants to cry at how pathetic she's acting but she can't help herself. She's never felt this way before, this kind of craving for another human being's touch.

With one glance, he sets her whole body on fire. Even just seeing his name pop on her phone is enough for to dry with anticipation.

She'd been sure he would've grown tired of her by this time. She's not that experimented and her clumsiness is surely noticeable. Plus, she's far from being the prettiest or iest girl in the industry, but somehow Jungkook doesn't seem to care about any of those details.

It puzzles her.

He could easily have his picks of girls, and there's a tiny part of her who wonders if he's using her or playing her.

It doesn't matter, this isn't a relationship, her mind keeps repeating to her worried self. Who cares for his reasons. And of course, she knows this won't go further – she doesn't even want a relationship! And because she knows herself, she's carefully guarding her heart. His rare smiles or his hot stares won't get past her defences.

And isn't she using him in a way too? To satisfy her ual urges she didn't know were so...gluttonous.

If her members noticed her weird behaviour, they haven't confronted her about it yet. It's only a matter of time since Chaeyoung doesn't think she's doing a good job pretending nothing is different, especially since her absence in the dorm is getting harder to excuse. It's a blessing that they're still in the dark because the moment they suspect something, they'll start asking questions and she's not sure she has the answers.

She's even more impressed that none of s has caught sight of her since she always goes to his place which he shares with six other people. They're always careful and she's glad to avoid any awkwardness, but it does surprise her their little rendezvous remain a secret from everyone else.

Her anxiety drops a little more each time their meetings remain secret, but she must remain vigilant.

She sighs, trying to push back all thoughts related to Jungkook to the back of her mind as she slips inside the dorm, just returning from his. He's occupying all of them lately, no matter how hard she tries to focus on other things, like her job.

He always comes back.

But she doesn't want to think about him when her members are around. Like his name will appear on her face and her members will figure it all out.

Ridiculous.

"You're finally back!"

Chaeyoung yelps and swiftly turns to find Jennie leaning on the wall, arms crossed over her chest. "You scared me!" She removes her shoes as casually as possible, but her hands shake a little.

Does she know? Is that why she was waiting for her? To confront her?

"Lisa and Jisoo are gone. I thought you were in your room, but you weren't? Why didn't you tell us you were going...wherever you went?" Jennie frowns as she watches her every move, and Chaeyoung's throat is completely dry.

"Sorry. I went cycling around and forgot the time," she lies, and when Jennie relaxes at her answer, she feels her whole body slacks from relief.

And immediately hates herself for lying. Again.

"Well, it's good that you're back now. You can come with me!"

"Where?" Chaeyoung asks curiously, noting Jennie's rapidly improved mood.

"To my yoga class. I hate going by myself."

"Uhhh, but I'm so sore..."

"Why are you sore?"

Chaeyoung freezes again. "From...cycling too much..."

"Oh, well, yoga is relaxing, right? It will relax your muscles."

"Jennie...why do you need me to accompany you? You know I prefer Pilates."

A soft whine comes out of Jennie's mouth as she stalks closer and links an arm with hers. "Please. Jisoo usually comes with me, but she can't today and I don't like going by myself."

Chaeyoung peers curiously at Jennie, trying to read her expression. The rapper seems tense, nervous even, and that pikes Chaeyoung's curiosity. It's not in Jennie's personality to need someone's presence wherever she goes.

In fact, they're together so often sometimes they all prefer doing their own things by themselves.

"Why? It's not like we can chat during the class."

"The...t-the teacher is weird."

Chaeyoung frowns. "Weird? Weird how?"

Jennie looks frustrated at her persistence, and her shoulders slump in defeat after staring into Chaeyoung's stubborn eyes. "T-the teacher's touch tends to linger on me when I'm on my own."

"What? God, Jennie, that's...why haven't you said anything?"

Jennie shrugs, her chin raised rigidly, her eyes never breaking contact as she speaks, barely moving her lips. "I can handle it, and as I said, Jisoo is usually with me...but if I can avoid going by myself..."

Well, there's no way she's letting Jennie go by herself after that little revelation, even though she's exhausted and really just wanted to take a long nap.

After promising to be quick, Chaeyoung takes a quick shower instead of the long one she would've preferred, and changes into her workout attire, then lets Jennie drags her to the van where their manager waits to drive them to the yoga's teacher private local on the opposite side of the city.

"Does Jisoo knows?" Chaeyoung whispers over the angry debates their manager is listening on the radio.

The negative shake of Jennie's head only worries her more. Why won't she tell anyone? Jennie was only propelled into telling her so she would come along otherwise, Chaeyoung would've stayed in the dark.

What else is going on in this dorm that she doesn't know about?

Like you're one to talk, her inner voice scoffs like it's been doing a lot lately.

But that just doesn't compare. Just trying to imagine Jennie dealing with unwanted touches from her yoga teacher fills her body with shivers.

She's not looking forward to reaching their destination.

Maybe they'll get stuck in traffic, get in late, and the teacher won't be able to see them because the next scheduled students will have arrived.

That would be good. Because Chaeyoung doesn't know what to do with the revelation Jennie confessed to her. She can't ignore it. She can't confront that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter