--TWO--

Tangled Webs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--TWO--

 

Life moves in mysterious ways.

It moves people in his path, people he would never expect.

Some he wishes life could have disregarded.

Some he gratefully stumbled upon.

And some were such a surprise, he couldn't speculate how it happened.

For the first type, he tries to forget them, with varying levels of success.

For the second type, he cherishes them daily even if he can't always say it in words as words don't often come easily to him.

For the third...

Well.

Case in point.

It's the after party of the Seoul Music Awards, and Jeon Jungkook promises himself to avoid alcohol at all costs. No, he won't succumb to s' numerous pleas to at least drink one glass 'to celebrate our achievements, come on Jungkookie, please'.

Any other day, he would. He loves drinking. But not today.

He, after all, has a mission.

BLACKPINK is known to leave after-parties early -when they actually show up, that is. So he doesn't have much time to put in place his little uncouth plan he elaborated barely two hours ago.

The moment he saw her at the awards he knew he had to do something.

It might've happened two weeks ago, but the events of that night have not left his mind once, like he's been reliving the parts he remembers every night for those past weeks.

He thought it would fade with time, but instead, it only grew stronger and more powerful until it became a demon haunting him at any moment.

Jungkook had enough demons plaguing his life already, he would put this one to rest.

He scans the room searching for the female idol who hasn't left his mind since she entered it that night.

And what a night it had been...

His sober self would've never done the things he did that night and none of it would've ever happened if he hadn't drunk all the countless shots Yugyeom kept handing him.

What transpired afterwards is fuzzy, only vague images remain. Images of BLACKPINK's Rosé aka Park Chaeyoung, fragments of sparse moments of them together.

Teasers really, tantalizing him to the point where he's craving for the full version.

He likes BLACKPINK so he noticed them the moment they arrived at BamBam's party. And Park Chaeyoung's singing voice made one hell of an impression on him, so he was well aware that she stood not too far from him with one of her members.

He just can't seem to remember what exactly happened afterwards for him to leave that party with Park Chaeyoung to her dorm.

Maybe he should feel ashamed or apologetic about his actions, but he simply can't. What's done is done and all that's left for him to do is to move forward.

And since he can't forget about it, moving forward means talking with Park Chaeyoung. Something he probably would have never done if sober since there were no reasons to.

But sober he is tonight, and he intends to stay that way.

Their only other interaction with each other was the morning after, and what an interesting moment it had been, so Jungkook is curious how this might play out.

He quickly locates her tall figure among the crowd standing in the middle of the room, but it's rather easy to spot the female group since no matter the size of the crowd, it always seems to leave an empty space for BLACKPINK.

Wearing a tight sleeveless black dress and black boots, with her hair in wavy blond curls, she looks stunning, but then again he also thinks she looked stunning with just a blanket wrapped around her body and smudged makeup on her face.

She's smiling and laughing, surrounded by her members, as they talk not too far from where he's standing with his own groupmates.

He discreetly steals a glance once in a while, hoping he's being subtle but unable to help himself. Everything she does is fascinating. How she laughs, how she leans on her members, how she nervously fixes her hair all the time.

He really hopes no one is paying any attention to him otherwise, they'd probably label him as a creepy stalker.

He doesn't have to be creepy for too long as luck is on his side. She leaves her members a moment later to head toward the restroom. Seizing his chance, he moves toward the same direction, ignoring s' questions about his sudden departure.

Thankfully there aren't many people lingering in this specific hallway as he leans on the wall, nervously waiting for her to come out of the restroom, hands flexing in his pocket in hopes of calming his nerves down.

He had imagined how meeting her again would feel like many times during those two weeks. He even rehearsed what he'd say and how he'd act but he forgot all of those the moment he saw her entering the seating area earlier.

People have all sorts of misconceptions about him based on what they see on stage, in interviews, and on variety shows, but he's not a smooth talker, certainly not with strangers. He's not some shy bunny either like his fans stubbornly keep cooing behind his back, but as he grew up, he became careful, guarded.

Too many people pretend. Too many people want to latch onto their fame. Too easy to mask oneself as a good person only to morph into a backstabber at the least expected moment when his walls have been lowered.

So he's grown wary of strangers.

Park Chaeyoung isn't quite a stranger anymore, at least in a certain way, but they don't know each other at all and surprisingly, he wants her to have a good impression of him. He's not sure what she thought of him back at her dorm, the morning after, and it's disconcerting.

He remembers acting all cool and relaxed when in reality, panic had numbed his brain. He had woken up somewhere unfamiliar after all, with no immediate memory of how he got there. It's a miracle he hadn't made a fool of himself.

He thinks he hadn't made a fool of himself... he hadn't, had he?

She comes out soon, freezing on the spot when she notices him. "Oh god!" she mutters as her hand flies to her chest. He hears her as clear as if she'd yelled in his ears, and it tugs a smile out of him. Her mannerisms are seriously adorable.

"Long time no see."

She gapes at him with shock at his nonchalant attitude. His eyes watch as she scans the area around them carefully, clearly nervous at the possibility of someone seeing them together. But he, on the other hand, doesn't care much if someone spots them. They're just talking after all.

People in this industry will gossip about the tiniest of interactions, and at some point, he just stopped caring.

"So, have you been having naughty dreams these past few days?"

"Oh my god, why would-" She takes a breath and lower her voice. "What kind of question is that? That's none of your business."

Her words might sound rude, but her voice is shaking, eyes darting around in obvious nervousness. Besides, she's been labelled as one of the sweetest female idols in the industry by everyone who worked with her -and words travel fast.

He must be the reason why she's thrown off her rhythm, acting out of character.

It boosts his confidence.

Jungkook pushes away from the wall to stand in front of her. In this moment, he wishes he had Jimin's smooth lines or Taehyung's easy-going personality, but he doesn't. He's simply himself and he hopes it's enough for the girl standing in front of him to realize that they both want the same thing.

And he's pretty sure they do. She'd panicked the morning after, but he'd noticed how she'd stared at him and how his presence had affected her. But what really convinced him was earlier, during the award ceremony, both of their group crossed paths backstage and he'd caught her watching him when she thought he wasn't looking.

The look in her eyes had no hint of innocence. It was the same way she'd look at him, that night when he had his mouth between her legs.

Lust.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I know the answer."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter