--ELEVEN--

Tangled Webs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

__ELEVEN__

 

It's been two weeks since the aftermath of the party at the Seventeen's dorm. Almost a week since her last conversation with Woozi, and that morning where she woke up in Jungkook's bed. Chaeyoung still can't forget about it, even with the past stressful and filled up days she's just had. She's tried not to make a big deal out of it, but a rush of warmth envelops her every time she remembers it, and it's quite often.

Something has shifted between them, she's not imagining it. He's...softer with her. He smiles more. Teases her more.

She likes it. It's dangerous that she likes it, but what she's feeling right now is too electrifying, she refuses to suppress herself just because of some distant warning bells ringing in the back of her head.

She woke up with a smile this morning, either because of the sunlight creeping through her curtains or because of the images she remembers from her dream.

A nice dream of her and Jungkook dancing together.

That's it. That was all the content of her dream, and it's enough to put a smile on her face the moment she woke up.

And she has a hard time wiping it off her face as she goes through her morning routine.

She hums her way through her shower and with light steps, bounces toward the kitchen where she busies herself with the task of making breakfast, careful to keep the noise down since she's currently the only one awake. She still hums Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' as she moves around, the song stuck in her head for some reason.

They only have a schedule late in the afternoon, so Chaeyoung decides to cook breakfast for everyone and opts for scrambled eggs with a fruit salad and pancakes. She always prefers to make various dishes so there will be something to please everyone, or so they can grab a bite of everything.

She's almost done when Lisa emerges from her room, attracted by the smell.

"I'm sooo hungry!" The blond dancer is staring at the food on the table with heavy-lid eyes, smacking her lips together, dried saliva still visible in the corners of .

Chaeyoung hands her a glass of juice without a word. Lisa's shoulder-length hair is all over the place, her shirt all wrinkled, but she manages a smile as she gladly accepts the glass.

Lisa silently drinks her juice, still too lethargic to make conversation, but Chaeyoung is used to Lisa's grumpy morning self. It usually takes time or food to transform her into her usual chirpy self.

Jennie joins them soon after just as Chaeyoung starts putting food on the plates, sitting on the seat next to Lisa. Unlike the youngest who came to the kitchen directly after leaving her bed, Jennie is all showered and dressed for the day, her eyes wide and alert.

"Thanks for the food, Chaeng."

It's a mostly silent breakfast, her two members busy eating their food, but it's a calm silence, a comfortable one and Chaeyoung cherishes those moments as much as the loudest ones.

They're almost done eating when Jisoo stumbles in the kitchen with a loud yawn.

Followed by Jung Hoseok.

The three girls' jaws hit the floor.

Jennie even drops her fork. It clatters in the stunned silence that falls on them at the sight of the unexpected guest.

Jisoo continues her way inside the kitchen, like it's perfectly normal for a boy to be following her, hair still tousled from sleep. Or lack of?

One from one of the most popular groups of South Korea too.

"Ah, hello," he greets them, hovering hesitatingly behind Jisoo as he gives a nervous smile at the three pairs of eyes riveted on him.

"Hi," Jennie answers carefully as she eyes him like a hawk. "Jisoo, why is there a boy in our kitchen?"

"Because he's hungry and I heard Chaeng cooking and I know she always makes a hundred more portions than we can eat." On cue, she gets an extra plate and starts pilling food for him.

"That's not what I meant, and you know it, Kim Jisoo!"

"Don't be rude in front of our guest."

Jennie's left speechless, and she turns down her eyes to glare at her plate, most definitively shocked by Jisoo's words.

Jisoo ignores her members altogether as she settles the plates both for her and Hoseok on the table and they sit.

Chaeyoung has no idea what to say or do, finding the situation bewildering. Jisoo hadn't tried to get him out stealthily like she would've done in her shoes! She just dragged him along, and while he's a little uncomfortable, he's not complaining.

He's even eating her food!

She, on the other hand, would've died if she'd been caught by the BTS members while sneaking out.

"How about some juice?" she asks him, babbling the first safe thing that comes to her mind to break the awkward silence draping over the table.

"Sure."

She immediately gets up, eager to escape the tension-filled atmosphere around the table, and takes all her time to pour a glass of orange juice for their guest. She sure hopes none of their managers will decide to drop by for a surprise visit because they'll be so screwed.

When she brings him back the glass, Lisa's gushing over his dance moves, Jennie is still sulking and Jisoo's still acting like it's perfectly normal for her to have a boy sleeping at their dorm.

Thank god Lisa is there to lighten up the mood, and by the end of breakfast, he's grown more comfortable, and is quite patient as he answers Lisa's hundred questions. His sense of humor doesn't take long to show, and it draws Jennie out of her sour mood and soon she's joining in the conversation.  

He even helps the girls to wash the dishes, clean the stove, and in storing the leftovers in multiple containers.

He leaves not too long after and the three other girls try to spy on them at the door, but Jisoo sends a deadly glare their way that finally scatters the younger ones away.

They're pilled up in the living room when she comes back from her goodbyes to Hoseok, and ignores their grins.

Instead, she announces that she's going back to sleep which makes Lisa squeals. "Looks like someone got no sleep last night!"

Jennie snickers while Chaeyoung hides with her hand in an attempt for subtly but Jisoo isn't fooled as the glare she sends back is targeting the three of them.

Of course Jisoo doesn't dignify them with an answer and goes back to her room, leaving the three others to gossip about her.

"Did you know?" Lisa immediately asks Jennie when Jisoo is out of earshot.

"No... she didn't even tell me she knew him!" Jennie complains with a pout.

"Right? That's so weird... I wonder where they met..." Lisa ponders, fingers tapping her chin, deep in thought.

Probably at BamBam's party, Chaeyoung thinks, but keeps the possibility of it to herself. Jisoo confided in her, albeit only some parts it seems, and she won't break it even with her two other members.

"Do you think it's the first time she brought him over?"

"I mean...I think so? Jisoo is often with one of us, and even then, there's almost always one of us in the dorm... But then again, his appearance at breakfast was quite the shock, so who knows... I'm already surprised she sneaked him inside without no one noticing."

"I thought for sure if something like this happened, it would be you," Lisa then says to Jennie who spins her head so hard to glare at her, her hair ends up slapping Chaeyoung in the face.

"What. Why me?"

Lisa shrugs, happy at the reaction she got. "Just a feeling I had."

The rest of their morning continues on the same tone, filled with long discussions full of speculations about the situation they've just encountered. They can't really be blamed. It's the juiciest thing that ever happened at the BLACKPINK dorm after all.

Thank God they never saw Jungkook leave that first time, Chaeyoung thinks as they finally go their separate ways. Otherwise, it would've been her three members in the living room gossiping about her, and Chaeyoung feels suddenly bad for gossiping about Jisoo like that.

At the thought of the oldest, Chaeyoung sends a curious stare at Jisoo's closed door before entering her own room.

She made no mention of the mysterious man to the others, preferring to keep Jisoo's confidence to herself, but Chaeyoung feels giddy that it's most likely Jung Hoseok with whom Jisoo stargazed until sunrise. That means Jisoo finally succeeded in making him see her as more than friends. Maybe she even seduced him, like she first suggested to her?

Good for you, Jisoo! She sends the thought through the closed door before going inside her own room.

The oldest deserves some happiness.

 

<><><>

 

Is there something wrong?

Lisa stares at BamBam's text a long time, the outside world completely forgotten as she tries to formulate an answer that would satisfy him. Her giddy self who was squealing about Jisoo and Hoseok moments earlier has disappeared, leaving her in a taciturn mood instead.

He kept texting her since the party at the Seventeen dorm and she tries to avoid answering him.

So in other words, she's ignoring him.

She doesn't know what to do anymore.

First, there was the bombardment of questions he threw at her since one of his friends saw her talking with Kim Taehyung and somehow mentioned it to him. A short talk which she totally enjoyed even though she was the one who ended up cutting it short. Because she didn't want her childhood friend to feel left behind since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter