The Last Voicemail

Memories Bring Back You

Hi jess, I was calling ‘cause uhh I miss you. I didn’t get to see you earlier this morning again and it’s our anniversary today so umm I called… but extraordinarily you didn’t pick up so…haha happy anniversary love, please bear with me and this super rambly…voice message.

So I’m here at the grocery store, roaming around aimlessly and trying to remember what I forgot to buy… I actually went here earlier after I got off from work, then I came home and cooked your favorite bottarga pasta. Yes, I know you’ve been dying to eat my umm.. my exquisite culinary…cuisine..whatever hahaha But then I thought there’s something missing or at least I forgot to buy something?? So now I’m here again, but for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was…

Oh yeah, earlier while I was buying ingredients for the pasta, I bumped into a woman who looked exactly like the lady we met during our weekend trip in italy, do you remember her? We were having dinner at that restaurant with a gorgeous terrace and she suddenly came up to us and just like….hahaha she just, like, started talking to us for, I think 10 minutes, and she kept saying how cute of a couple we were, and how she want to have us invite her to our wedding, then she started speculating what our kids would look like if ever hahaha she’s such a sweet lady…

Hmmm, I’m excited for tonight by the way. We haven’t had a proper night together in a while, you know. We’re both so busy with work, you’re working hard with meetings and negotiations and stuff with your lawyer….I don’t know, it’ll be nice to just…have a quiet night end together haha I feel like we used to do that a lot more often when we first started dating 6 years ago, which feels like…forever ago now haha I miss you, I mean of course I see you when you get home in the middle of the night but… I miss talking to you about whatever, cuddling, goofing around, spending time with you….

I guess it's a thing with growing older, instead of doing fun things like we used to back in our teenage years, saying ' it' then do dumb things like poking the waiter's , trying to blow birthday candles with our noses, fighting over the last slice of cake, baking cupcake using actual soda because we ran out of baking soda and forcing me to eat those, I mean, who does that.

Now, we're just so tired that we'd rather just, relax and cuddle, enjoying each other's company in the peaceful silence and darkness.. I wish we could do that more often in the future.

Anyways, I’m rambling and getting mushy in the middle of the fruit section and I still can’t remember what I was going to buy…I don’t think it’s fruit… Was it fruit…? Orange…apple…strawberry…grapesss..…--wine... It’s wine, I think it's wine. Alright, honey, I’ll go over the liquor store quickly. I’ll see you when you get home, I love you, happy anniversary, I love you, bye!