Snap

Memories Bring Back You

“I’m home”

Jessica hears taeyeon enter their apartment and yelled a “Hey” from the bedroom, doing sketches from her laptop. Taeyeon sat on the bed beside jessica and pecked her shoulder.

“What are you doing?”

“Sketches…” jessica answered absentmindedly.

“Work again?”

“Mm-hm.”

“Why do you have to do it right now? Is it really that urgent?” taeyeon started to leave a trail of kisses from jessica’s shoulder to the curve of her neck

“Mm-hm.”

“C’mon, you’re at home. You still have a few more days to finish it. You should be resting, stop working…”

She wouldn’t stop bugging her and jessica started to get frustrated “Taeyeon, would you please? Sorry, I have to get this done, you know? The deadline is on this weekend and I’ve been dealing with this for months, you know this.”

Taeyeon stopped kissing jessica, she didn’t think jessica would snap at her like this. “But I miss you...and I was just--”

“What do you mean you miss me? I’m literally right here the entire time, you see me everyday.”

“Yes, I see you but it felt more like I’m living with a roommate rather than a girlfriend. When will you give me some of your attention?”

“You know that I’ve got. to get. this. done. If I don’t finish this, there’s a whole huge line waiting to replace me. My boss is counting on me to get this done.” jessica explained with furious eyes

“I can’t just stop what I’m doing and pay attention to you right now, I can’t stop every single time you need something from me. I can’t do that! I need to put all of my effort into doing this right now because I’m on crunch time and I CANNOT believe that you are even asking!”

Jessica’s rant made taeyeon speechless, she really didn’t expect that her girlfriend would blow up like this and she felt guilty for wanting to have a moment with her.

“What pisses me off the most is that you’re just in here trying to get yourself a quick fix and you’ll just go back into not bothering me again.”

She stood up, hurt from jessica’s words “You’re unbelievable. You know what, I’m gonna give you the space that you need. I’m always ready to be your punching bag and displace to me whatever stress you’re having but I can’t have you spit s to me like this and assume that I only want your attention so I could and have a quick fix for myself. You know me better than that. You obviously need to cool your head off.”

Jessica sees taeyeon storming out and hears their main door closing. She puts her laptop aside and closed her eyes, letting out a very long and heavy sigh. She herself didn’t think that she would blow up like that, and now she’s alone with only her stress and guilt accompanying her.

She tries to get back to her sketching but she can’t help but worry about taeyeon. She tries to call her but she doesn’t pick up, directing her to taeyeon’s voicemail.

Hiya, what? I can’t hear you! Speak louder! Haha nah, I’m kidding, you reached my voicemail. I’m probably busy at work or busy doing my…girlfriend…just kidding! Or not. You know the drill, just leave your message after the beep. BOOP!

“Honey, come on. Will you please, just, pick up the phone? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I said. I just got so mad and… I got carried away. I shouldn’t have said that, I’m sorry. I get so worried when you do this. Please. just come home. And we’ll talk about this, like adults. Please. I’m sorry, I love you, bye.”

She decided to close her laptop and finally call it a day. She’s too distracted anyway to work, worried sick about taeyeon. She sat on the couch, looking at the front door, waiting for taeyeon. When she sees the knob move, she stood up and eagerly looked at taeyeon who is holding a bag of to-go foods.

“Are you done with your sketches?” taeyeon asked as she walks to the kitchen, putting down the food.

“…no. Because I’m worried sick, you’re not picking up your phone.” taeyeon didn’t answer back “Look, I really am sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you. It’s just, it’s crunch time. I got stressed, it’s just a couple of days before the deadline, you know? I wanna make sure my boss gets to review my sketches and I’ll get to be paid at the end, for my efforts…” taeyeon nods in understanding across the room

“I know it has cost us quality time together, and I don’t mean to…drive a wedge into our relationship…I just really want to put my nose to the grindstone and contribute to our living, contribute to this apartment we live in.”

“I understand that, but you do have to balance your life and work better. You continue this, you’ll just overwork yourself like that and throw fire everywhere.”

“I know…I’m sorry. I was really frustrated, you just wouldn’t leave me alone. I know you want to hang out with me, but it wasn’t something I was ready to do. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to give you what you wanted, but at that moment, it wasn’t a necessity.” jessica firmly explained her side.

“I’m sorry.” taeyeon sighed

“I get it that I haven’t eaten a meal with you in a while, I haven’t been able to spend time with you, but you don’t ambush me like that and expect me to do just whatever you wanted me to!”

“I’m sorry.”

“I love you, I care about you, and I thought you have enough respect for me to understand that--”

“What? My god jessica, are you ing serious” taeyeon had to run her palm over her flabbergasted face. She thought this fight would end soon but somehow, fuel is added to the fire

“Yeah, I’m calling this out, you’re damn right I’m throwing this at your face”

“You really think I have little respect? For you?? Of all people! You really think that??”

“You know that the deadline is near and yet you couldn’t just leave me alone! You just had to push”

“I was trying to help you! I didn’t want you to overwork when all you should be doing AT HOME is rest! And what’s wrong with missing you? Wanting your attention for a few minutes? Am I not supposed to feel that way? You’re really gonna deprive me of just a few kisses? I wasn’t even trying to have my way with you because I know how tired you are”

Taeyeon defended in which made Jessica silent, hating herself right now that she snapped again.

“So can we stop this stupid bickering? I know we’re both just very tired and I don’t want to sleep knowing you’re mad at me.”

“….I’m sorry….everything’s just so stressful. I’m sorry that I displaced it all on you…” she looked at taeyeon with genuine, apologetic eyes

“I apologize too, if it seemed like I was trying to push you off the edge. I just really miss you, that’s all. Although, I really shouldn’t have bothered you, I didn’t mean for you to feel like I was not respecting your space…”

“I understand what your intentions were, I appreciate it. And I’m sorry again…” she walked towards taeyeon and hugged her tight, burying her face to her neck.

They hugged for a few more minutes until taeyeon broke the silence “Are you feeling hungry yet? I thought you’d be hungry after doing your stuff so I bought McDonalds.”

“I thought it was just for peace-offering”

taeyeon chuckled “Mmm, yeah, maybe. Maybe I unconsciously thought that I can woo you with food”

 “So you think I’m cheap”

Taeyeon got flustered and defensive “W-What?? No! That wasn’t my inten—“

“I’m kidding! I’m kidding” jessica kissed taeyeon’s lips “Should we prepare the food?”

“Alright”

“Okay… I'm sorry again. I love you” jessica affectionately said while looking at taeyeon with puppy eyes and they kissed one more time

“I love you too”