Short Side Story: Christmas Morning

Alpha Couple

Not connected to the rest of the story, but I felt like writing a short holiday bit of fluff! 'Twas written fast and unedited. Enjoy! Merry Christmas!

--

Jongin woke to the smell of breakfast instead of the screaming and jumping on the bed he expected.

He ran a hand through his hair as he sat up and patted the bed next to him. Of course he was alone. The apartment would be on fire if Soojin was making the fragrant smelling bacon. He rolled off the bed and smirked as he found clothes neatly set out for him, reindeer covered pajama pants and a T-shirt with a snowman on it. Jongin got dressed and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like he was dressed for a horrible catalog shoot, but Kyungsoo would like it.

"Merry Christmas," was shrieked at him the moment he arrived in the living room, and he managed to bend down and catch Soojin before she slammed into him.

"Merry Christmas," he said as he scooped her up, giggling.

"Santa came!"

"Couple of times," Jongin agreed as he her hair. She was wearing pink pajamas with Christmas unicorns on them.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo said warningly as he came out of the kitchen, brandishing a spatula. The Christmas sweater he was wearing was an abomination.

"No! Santa only came once," Soojin said. "He has to deliver presents all over the world!"

"I'm pretty sure he came twice last night," Jongin said, grinning over her shoulder at Kyungsoo.

"Breakfast is almost ready," Kyungsoo said, scowling.

"Why don't you go sort out the presents," Jongin suggested, kissing Soojin's cheek as he set her down. "We can open them after we eat."

Their daughter didn't need to be asked twice, she ran off to separate out the wrapped presents under the tree. Most of them were for her, of course. But there were a few for him and Kyungsoo as well. 

"You're going to be horrified when she figures out what you're implying," Kyungsoo said as he went back into the kitchen.

Jongin followed him. "If we are still at it and coming multiple times when she's old enough to get it, I will be delighted," he said as he slid behind his mate and held him from behind, rubbing Kyungsoo's stomach through the hideous Christmas sweater. "You were wonderful last night."

"We've both been working so much, I wanted to be sure Christmas was special," Kyungsoo said, reaching back and ruffling Jongin's hair. "You weren't bad yourself."

"Do I get a reprise tonight?" Jongin asked, nuzzling his neck as Kyungsoo flipped the pancakes.

"Give me three good reasons."

"One, I've been such a good boy this year," Jongin said, and Kyungsoo snorted but didn't argue. "Two, I know was on your Christmas wish list, and we didn't get to it last night. I'm thinking me on my knees in the shower with your moans bouncing off the walls."

Kyungsoo elbowed him and glanced behind them. "Shh. I don't want Soojin overhearing that kind of thing."

Jongin pressed his lips to Kyungsoo's ear. "Not like she was going to guess that meant I was choking on your ."

Kyungsoo made a sound of disapproval as he flipped the pancakes onto a plate, but his scent was rich with desire. "What's number three?"

"Three is very simple and very important," Jongin said as he turned Kyungsoo to face him. "Three is that I love you."

"You are the worst," Kyungsoo said with a smile, wrapping an arm around Jongin's neck to pull him down for a kiss. "Those are all good reasons."

"Daaaddy! Gross," Soojin said as she bound in. She jumped up on a stool next to the counter where she must have been helping Kyungsoo make the batter. "You're not supposed to distract Dad in the kitchen. It's not safe."

"Daddy just wanted a Christmas kiss," Jongin said, pouting at their daughter as Kyungsoo twisted away to finish breakfast.

"You're not even under mistletoe," she said with a roll of her eyes.

"We have mistletoe?" Jongin asked as Soojin used a can of whipped cream to make faces on the already made pancakes.

Kyungsoo smirked over his shoulder. "Better watch out. I might have to kiss you at any moment."

"Oh no!"

---

I will return to the main story soon!