Shot Thru The Heart [Satzu*]

When in Doubt, Call Tzuyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Isnpired by the fanedit of Sana shooting an arrow and hitting Tzuyu with all the uwu's.

SORRY! It wasn't supposed to be like this, I swear I dialed back on this one. Idk why I'm like this. :((((((((((((((((

Look up Cupid and Psyche!

“Without trust, there can be no love.”

Many mere mortals had said many things about Chaeyoung’s mother, Nayeon, or Venus as she is widely known, but Chaeyoung will never forget how true her mother’s words are.

A lesson she rarely infuses in her missions… but a lesson that will hit her hard and her charge later on.

“So let me get this straight… you’re Cupid, and if I use this arrow, I get to make anyone fall for me?”

Chaeyoung nods solemnly, and then flies around Sana to prove a point.

Sana continues to stare on a wall, trying to grasp what’s happening. If you tell her she’d wake up one morning, to see a fairy (or a goddess as Chaeyoung had corrected her many times), with a size of her hand, flying around her face, with a cute wings on her back and a small bow and arrow on her hand, she would laugh endlessly at your face… or… go back to sleeping.

It’s not that she needs anyone to like her… there were a lot of people who wants her already, but there’s someone specifically who she wants to like her back. And if she’s being honest… this arrow has actually become like an answer to her prayers.

As she looks back to Chaeyoung, or Cupid, the only thing she can think of is how she can squish the small entity with her bare hand… and she’s supposed to call her a goddess? “This is… very unrealistic.” Is what Sana had settled with.

Chaeyoung crosses her arms and then pulled her string with no hesitation to hit Sana with her arrow.

Sana gasps and winced in pain as she rubs her cheek. “What was that for?”

Chaeyoung laughs and then says, “That pain seems realistic to you?”

Sana glares in response, “You!!”

Chaeyoung cuts off Sana as she settles on Sana’s lap, looking up to her, “You summoned me, remember?” When Sana tilts her head, still rubbing her cheek, Chaeyoung continues, “I wish for Momo to love me back.”

Sana does her high-pitched laugh and then scoffs, “Okay yes, I remember saying that once—”

“You say that about every single time Momo friend-zones you.”

Sana pouts then crosses her arms, “Once.”

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes and readies her bow and arrow one more time.

As if being reminded of the pain, Sana’s eyes widen and quickly grab Chaeyoung with both hands. She gasps, when Chaeyoung had quickly got away from her grasps, as the small goddess flapped her wings to reach Sana’s eye level, her eyes playfully glaring as she doesn’t lose her stance. Worried that Chaeyoung will poke her eyes, she says, “Okay! Okay! Every single time she rejects me, I say that! Doesn’t mean, I know it will summon you!”

Chaeyoung withdraws her arrow and then relaxes. She giggles again finding her charge adorable. “You know, some people would just jump at the chance of making someone fall in love with them, especially the unfortunate who suffers from unrequited feelings. And then… you know… worship the gods and goddesses… As they should.”

Right.

So the narcissistic side had shown itself.

Sana narrows her eyes, still cautious. “Last time I check, it’s Cupid who shoots the arrow himself… or er… In this case, herself.”

Chaeyoung shrugs, “I’m a goddess, I don’t have to explain myself to you. Now do you want my arrow, or should I go help another helpless soul?”

Another moment of contemplating, then Sana says, “What do you get in return?”

“You worshipping me… What else would I want?”

Really… Sana should just give up now. Chaeyoung has been doing this for centuries. Also, there’s to cause mayhem but Chaeyoung would not admit that.

She makes a move to remind Sana of the countless of times Momo had declined her hugs and had remained stoic every time she would flirt with her.

Sana craves love and skinship. And Chaeyoung is the goddess of desire, attraction and affection. A perfect match, crafted by the gods as Fate would say. How can Sana refuse?

When Sana concedes and says, “Alright. So I just shoot this and it would work, right?” Chaeyoung knew she had won.

“So two arrows: a golden tip and a lead tip. And you should really be careful. ‘Cause this one is absolute. You cannot reverse it. Understood?” Chaeyoung says as she nips on a strawberry fruit, Sana gave her as she dangles her feet from Sana’s shoulders.

Sana nods enthusiastically as she jogs on her way to work. “Yes, yes. Ohh! Gosh! I’m gonna get myself a girlfriend, right?!”

Chaeyoung laughs and gives her a thumbs up, as she tries to hug the strawberry about her size, with one arm. “But shouldn’t you practice first? You’re kinda bad with balance and all.”

Sana scratches her head as she taps her knee, remembering she tripped as she’s going out of the train this morning. “You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this! I’m gonna get this right, no doubt!”

Chaeyoung would only chuckle. Sana really is a bursting persona of optimism.

As if on cue, the current apple of Sana’s eye had came to view. Momo. The bubbly girl on 5th floor who works on Legal stands there, laughing. And although, a lot would say, her laugh is a little loud and a ting on the ear, Sana could only say it’s infectious and music in hers.

She sighs as she feels the familiar fluff in her heart. She feels extra giddy, maybe knowing that she has the Cupid on her shoulders, and at the thought that Momo would finally look at her differently. They had been friends for quite some time but Momo doesn’t see her that way. Or at least, Sana’s charm hasn’t had the desired effect on Momo.

Or as Sana’s friend would say: Sana’s type is those who doesn’t like her back.

It’s not like she lacks people who gives her unrelenting love and confessions. Considering, the amount of admirers Sana has, was enough to summon Chaeyoung.

(Oh well. Another topic for another time.)

Sana heaves a sigh before saying, “Golden tip for love, lead tip for not, right?”

Chaeyoung nods as she her hands for the juices of the strawberry she had just finished. It’s not as good as ambrosia, but the sweetness shall suffice for now.

She readies her left hand, and Chaeyoung’s bow appeared on it, slowly enlarging to meet Sana’s size. Chaeyoung flies towards Sana’s waiting right hand. “You may look a little stupid in the eyes of the other mortals, but a small price to pay for getting the love of your life, right?”

The playful look on Sana’s face was now masked with a serious one. She nods firmly.

Chaeyoung giggles and placed one of her golden arrow on Sana’s hand. “Alright. Don’t say I didn’t warn you enough.”

As soon as the arrow touched Sana’s hand, Chaeyoung started stretching her wings so she can go back to Sana’s shoulder. The arrow, unnoticed by everyone else, had started enlarging itself, matching the bow’s size.

When the tip starts flaming, Sana gasps. It’s different than the one Chaeyoung occasionally uses to remind Sana of pain.

Chaeyoung pokes Sana’s cheek and then says, “Love wounds the heart and inflames it.”

Sana giggles as she pulls the arrow. “You and your poems.”

When all is ready, Sana looks back to Momo only to see her smile. And that’s all it took for her to fire Cupid’s arrow.

“You knew this would happen! You knew it! Oh my God! How can you do this to me?!?!” Sana exclaimed, after running towards the elevator, punching the buttons furiously for it to close.

Chaeyoung, who’s in the fits of laughter, clutched on her stomach.

As she exits the elevator, she sprints towards the exit of the building, walking furiously at the busy streets of Tokyo. Once sure that she can talk furiously as she puts her airpods on her ears, she grabs Chaeyoung by one hand and tried so hard not to squish her. Unlike before, Chaeyoung didn’t try to flee her grasp. “Hey! Stop laughing and fix it!”

Chaeyoung just smiles playfully at her and then says, “Mortals always blaming us for their misfortunes.”

“I don’t have time for your games!”

Chaeyoung lays her arms at the top of Sana’s hand and anchors her face on her palm, the other drawing hearts on Sana’s hand. “I told you to practice, didn’t I?”

She missed Momo.

Just when Sana thought, everything is going right and she has the gods and goddesses’ favor on her side, she had missed the love of her life.

Instead…

A ping distracted her from murdering the goddess in her hand. Not that she believes she can cause the goddess’s death.

Fetching her phone, thinking it’s her boss… she groans when she sees the familiar name.

CHOU TZUYU: I saw you running a while ago, and you looked upset. I hope it’s not something bad. But if it is… I’m here if you need anything. Have a good day. <3

 

And just like that, Chaeyoung’s arrow had done its work.

Sana groans and already feels the weight of her actions in her heart.

She had shot Tzuyu instead.

If there’s anyone who can out-tsundere (if such a term exists) Momo, then that’s definitely Tzuyu. And as Sana revisits their conversation before, she was reminded on how decent their conversations were. It’s not even borderline friendly. She only knows her by association, because she is one of Momo’s close friends.

The heart emoji is blaring at Sana’s eyes. A reminder that the golden arrow had already taken effect. Never in their entire relationship did Tzuyu used an emoji on her, she can actually count the times the girl had even smiled at her direction.

 

“Fix it!” She pleads, now holding Chaeyoung with both hands, almost like she’s praying.

Chaeyoung shrugs, her face unchanging. “I told you to be careful. Because this is irreversible. She would desire you forever now.”

“But I don’t want Tzuyu! I want Momo!”

Chaeyoung chuckles one more time and then says, “Unfortunately, I can’t lend you another golden arrow.”

Sana looks at her aghast, “Are you kidding me? Set aside Momo! What do I do with Tzuyu? She can’t love me! She probably doesn’t consider me as a friend!”

“So what? Just ignore her like the rest of your lovers.”

It should make sense in Sana’s mind. But why doesn’t it sit right with her?

Of course, she doesn’t skip work. This is adult life, the real world. She can’t skip a day just because she had shot someone else with Cupid’s arrow, instead of the love of her life.

She continues with her daily routine like any other day, except there’s the annoying Cupid now playing with her pens on her table. She maybe unnoticed by everyone else, but the flying pens would definitely be seen by the others. She gives her one of her sliced strawberries, the one she got Chaeyoung as a sign of gratitude. Only now, she’s ready to smash the small goddess, as a reminder of what had happened. But still, even against her will, Sana would find Chaeyoung cute as she struggles to lift the pen with both arms, her tongue sticking out as she draws hearts on Sana’s sticky notes.

“Hey, you okay?”

The sudden intrusion made her jump. She looks up to the source of voice and can’t help but blush when she sees Tzuyu, with her good posture, fiddling with her fingers. She already hears the whispers from another cubicle, but she ignores it. The one that will go unnoticed by Sana was Chaeyoung dropping her pen to fly around Tzuyu’s face. She has half a mind to grab Chaeyoung and keep her in her pocket but she can only imagine how weird that would look.

She shakes her head quickly and then says, “I uhm… yes. Yes. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know why you’re complaining. She’s pretty. My mother should’ve kept an eye on her instead.” Chaeyoung says as she inspects Tzuyu’s face up so close – anyone would’ve been uncomfortable. But alas, only Sana can see her.

Tzuyu blinks her eyes and then puts her hand on her face, almost slapping Chaeyoung. The goddess though, had quickly dodged it, and had attached herself to Tzuyu’s other cheek. “Is there something on my face?”

Sana’s jaw had dropped when Chaeyoung rubs her cheek to Tzuyu’s – still unfelt by her.

An annoying small-winged deity.

Sana clears and replies, “I… uhmm… nothing.”

“Tzuyu-chan! What’s taking you so long?”

At this, Sana is about ready to die.

Momo comes soon, looping her arm on Tzuyu’s. Her eyes met Sana’s and she gives her a friendly smile. “Ooh! Sana! Hi~~ Come eat with us, I’m hungry.”

On any other day, Sana’s heart would’ve jumped at Momo inviting her for a change. But her mind has been on whirlwind ever since this morning, and Chaeyoung had seemed to settle herself on Tzuyu’s face.

“R-right. Sure. Let me just grab my things.” She looks down immediately, barely listening to Momo starting a conversation with Tzuyu.

Her eyes widen when she saw her sticky note, with her and Tzuyu’s names - clearly written by the source of her inner debacle, with lots and lots of hearts drawn all over. She grabs it quickly, crumpling it and shoving it in her drawer, looking around if anyone had seen it. She smiles sheepishly when she noticed Tzuyu has her eyes on her.

She mumbles something incoherent as she gets her wallet.

Momo was the first to start walking as soon as Sana was standing.

But before Sana can take a step to follow Momo, Tzuyu held her arm, “Are you okay? You seem… upset.”

The girl who used to have problems with someone invading her personal space is now up Sana’s. Sana looks down at Tzuyu’s hand on hers and cursed Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung had now left Tzuyu’s face to settle on her new favorite place, Sana’s shoulder. “I can hear it when you curse me.”

Sana ignores her and decided to wing it. She knows Tzuyu… maybe not deeply, but she’s familiar on how Tzuyu had reacted to her affection.

She intertwines their fingers and loops her arm on Tzuyu’s leaning into her side, remembering the time she had accidentally done this to Tzuyu before knowing the girl isn’t very much used to affections. “I’m feeling much better now that you’re here.”

Contrary to her usual reaction, Tzuyu didn’t shy away, Tzuyu didn’t even look unbothered, instead, she squeezed Sana’s hand and says, “Good. I’m happy when you’re happy. Specially if it’s because of me.”

And then she smiled. Sana had never seen Tzuyu smile at her like that.

Oh, damnit Cupid.

She had doubts of the reality of Chaeyoung, or Cupid being real. But as she faced Momo’s incredulous look on her as Tzuyu feeds her, she is 234% sure she is screwed.

“I didn’t know you two are close… so much that Tzuyu is feeding you. She has hands, Tzuyu-chan!” Momo exclaims, as she glares at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu shrugs and puts down her chopsticks. “But she’s not feeling well.”

“But—”

Tzuyu turns to Sana and pouts, “Maybe you should just call it a day and--

And crap. How she looked so cute this close.

It wasn’t that long before another figure comes into their table. “Minatozaki-san, here are your favorites! Please accept them!”

When Sana looks at the source of the voice, she can only see the top of his head and an outstretched hands, holding out a box. She thanks him quietly and accepts the box. She can see Chaeyoung hovering it and looking curiously through the plastic. “Ooh!! Cupcakes! Do you like cupcakes, Sana?”

“Aw. Cupcakes. Right. Should’ve gotten you that.” Tzuyu mumbles as she sets her Cheese bread aside.

Before Sana can regard her random admirer, she was distracted by Momo.

“It’s okay, Tzuyu-chan. I’ll eat it! I love cheese bread. Don’t be upset.” Momo quickly grabs the bread from Sana’s plate and put it in . Sana looks at Tzuyu, who gave Momo a tight smile.

Was she upset?

Another movement from the box had gotten Sana’s attention… Chaeyoung slowly opening the box. Before she can go in any farther and rise suspicions from the already weird group of people together, she flips her.

Unprepared, Chaeyoung was pushed away quickly. She flaps her wings in response and shoots her normal arrows on Sana three times while puffing her cheeks and glaring at her.

Sana winced in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter