Handcuff Challenge [Satzu]

When in Doubt, Call Tzuyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was supposed to be pure humor but it ended up getting deep XD

The worst duo to be stuck together is Sana and Tzuyu. And all those who knew them would agree. Their personalities are two ends of a spectrum.

How did she end up here you ask? And what exactly is here?

Well to be fair, it’s all Jeongyeon’s fault, although the short-haired girl would argue.

They were helping Sana and Jihyo move in to their new apartment when she found the shiny little thing in one of the boxes. A handcuff.

Now, if you ask Jeongyeon why did she even pick it up, she would just simply shrug and say, she’s never touched a handcuff before. So this is passing up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, is all she had to say when Jihyo was ready to strangle her.

(Okay, speaking of ‘bad’ duos… they might add Sana and Jihyo to the list. They were weird together. They don’t even know how they manage to stay this long together. But a 2 years in the small dorm in the university and they actually haven’t killed each other, so they didn’t even think twice into moving in a bigger space: hence the apartment.)

When you look at it, their apartment is split into two sides, almost like two different personalities splattered across the walls: Jihyo, the architect-to-be, with her intricate and flavorful design; and Sana’s, the future-psychologist, with her minimalist and comfy one.

So really, when Jihyo’s 'team' is busy dragging out Jihyo’s furniture from the ground floor up to the fourth floor, with Nayeon complaining ‘if you told me the lift doesn’t work, I would’ve quickly jumped to Sana’s team’ and Chaeyoung saying, ‘Unnie, you’re the one who suggested we had teams anyway! Making up a stupid game on who’s gonna have a better side, this is totally your fault!’, Jeongyeon went to her ‘teammates’ who are now lounging in Sana’s couch as she opens one box after the other.

Her eyes landed on Tzuyu who is busy eating her snacks and listening to a very comical Momo explaining her very vivid dream this morning: something about a talking potato plushie foretelling her ‘desitiny’: which is to find the golden pig. Tzuyu nods at every word, and Jeongyeon would admire her patience.

On her other side is Sana putting a small cactus on the table.

So really, if you ask Jeongyeon why she did it, she’ll say: it’s not rocket science. They were just there.

She sits in between them, and is grinning mischievously when the trio ignored her. She silently locks one in Tzuyu’s left hand, then grabs Sana’s right to cuff it too.

“What?” Sana says as she only felt Jeongyeon grabbing her wrist, taking her attention from her precious cactus.

Tzuyu almost drops her bread, turning to her left.

Both Sana and Tzuyu look at now their conjoined wrists, with Jeongyeon sitting in between them, smiling brightly, holding her laughter.

“Ugh. I’m sweating! I’m sweating! Quick, someone tell me I still look hot.” As if on cue, Jihyo’s team just arrived at the door.

Chaeyoung grunts and says, “Don’t look at me.”

Momo twists her body and raises her hand, “You’re hot Nayeonnie!”

Nayeon nods and flips her hair with her hand, the other pointing a finger-heart to Momo. “That’s why you’re my favorite Momo-chan!”

“Stop feeding her lies Momo-unnie!”

“Jeongyeon, what did you do?!” Sana shrieked realizing what just happened.

Everyone turned to them, while Jihyo enters the apartment with bags from the convenience store downstairs. “Alright, team. Who’s hungr—What? What did I miss?”

Sana’s eyes widen, her jaws dropping.

Jeongyeon laughs.

Momo looks at them confused.

Tzuyu blinks.

Then… walking closely… Jihyo gasps, dropping her paper bag on the floor, “Someone tell me that’s not a real handcuff.”

“That’s not a real handcuff.”

“This is not the time, Momo!”

“What? She said—”

 

Before a riot starts, Chaeyoung says, “Okay, everyone, calm down. I’m sure there’s a very rational explanation for this… Anyone?”

“I bet it’s Jeongyeon's.” Nayeon was quick to say.

Jeongyeon glares at Nayeon then points her finger at Sana, “This is Sana’s!”

Sana glares back at Jeongyeon, “Yes. And you shouldn’t have touched it!”

Jihyo twitched her eye then puts her hands in her hips, “Sana-ssi, please tell me that’s not a real handcuff.”

Sana just looks at Jihyo sheepishly.

Jihyo groans, while everyone else keeps themselves from laughing. They don’t want to be the receiving end of Jihyo’s upcoming wrath.

Of course, the oblivious Tzuyu would ask, “Why do you even have a real handcuff?”

Sana blushes and opens to answer but Jihyo was quick to interrupt, “For research! She has it for research!”

At that, everyone else started laughing.

Tzuyu just looks at them confused, “Eh? Why? What’s funny?”

Jihyo pinches the bridge of her nose and says, “Unlock it now, Sana.”

“Where’s the key?” Sana turns to Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon shrugs, “Not in the box.”

Snickering, Nayeon chimes in, “For research, what else is in the box?”

Jeongyeon was about to answer but Jihyo’s deathly glare stopped her.

“Okay, change of plans. We’re all gonna find that key! Even if it’s the last thing we’ll ever do.”

Minutes 4: 10:10am

“Unnie, maybe we should sit down?” Tzuyu says. This is the third time Sana tripped… In 4 minutes. Sana is usually unsynchronized on her own, but add the fact that Tzuyu usually goes the other way, they end up pulling each other from different directions.

Nayeon helped Tzuyu up, while laughing. “This is golden, Sana. I mean who would’ve thought?”

Sana rolls her eyes and says, “I’m not gonna hear the end of this, right?”

“You bet.”

Tzuyu is still lost in confusion.

Minutes 30: 10:36am

“It has to be here! Why is it not here?” Jihyo groans, looking at Sana’s box.

“Stop playing games, Jeong. You hid it! You definitely hid it!” Sana says accusingly… from the couch. Where she and Tzuyu are sitting. Where Tzuyu is relaxing, going back into eating her bread, Sana is pretty sure she still hasn’t caught up with the situation.

“If I have, I would have brought it out the moment Jihyo abused my body.”

“You definitely deserved it.” Jihyo snaps, then hands Tzuyu a glass of juice.

“Why don’t we just cut it with a kitchen knife?” Chaeyoung suggests.

“And risk cutting Tzuyu’s wrist?”

“Hey! There are two hands in here! What about me?”

“You’re the one who brought a real handcuff in this apartment—”

Scoff. “In our apartment. Pretty sure I can bring whatever I want.”

“Not a handcuff without a key!”

Nayeon interrupts the squabbling duo by saying, “Not to be that person, but we could’ve avoided this if Sana just uses scarves like the rest of us.”

Jihyo looks at her aghast, “Correction, the rest of us doesn’t even… do that kind of research.”

“Jihyo, do you want me to expose you about the times I walked in on you—Mmph--”

“Do you want me to gag you?”

Nayeon snickers and says, “Sana’s the type to have that on her research.”

“Hey!”

 

“They’re gonna kill each other, won’t they?”

“Oh definitely. The only reason they lasted this long is because Sana had practically lived with Momo last year and Jihyo only went home to sleep.”

 

When Sana is catching her breath after almost being choked by Jihyo, Tzuyu leans into her, “What kind of research are you working on?”

“Uhm…--”

Hour 1: 11:14am

Chaeyoung clears and says, “Okay fine. Why don’t we just bring them to a police station?”

Both Jihyo and Sana’s eyes widen and shake their heads.

Chaeyoung groans, “Why do you keep turning down my suggestions? We’re never gonna find that key, I mean look around, we haven’t even started unpacking, and half of Jihyo-unnie’s stuff are still downstairs.”

“Is this the right time to say I’m switching to Sana’s team?”

“We don’t want you on our team!”

“No one asked you Jeong!”

Hour 2: 12:23pm

“Okay, I’m cancelling my plans with Daniel tonight. I can’t leave Sana and Tzuyu alone.”

Nayeon snorts and says, “You’re meeting his parents tonight. Nothing else is much more important than that.”

“I’m sorry, did you not see their handcuffed wrists?”

Nayeon shrugs, “They’re not going anywhere. And what’s the worse that could happen?”

Hour 2.5: 1:01pm

“Can you feed me, Tzuyu-ah?”

“Your other hand is free…”

“Yes… but my dominant hand is the one cuffed.” *pleading face*

“Okay.”

“Ahh~”

Giggle.

“Unnie, be careful.” Tzuyu laughs then looks for a tissue. Seeing there’s none, she turns her attention back to Sana who’s looking at her expectantly. “Ahh~ you have something in your face.”

“Where? Here?” Sana says, completely missing the frosting near .

Tzuyu just giggles. “No. A bit to your left.”

“Can you wipe it off for me?” Sana asked sweetly.

Tzuyu was about to wipe the sides of Sana’s mouth with her finger but Jihyo is already there with a face towel. “Let me help you, Sana-ssi,” Jihyo says wiping Sana’s mouth harshly.

Sana mumbles, “Can’t wait ‘till you’re gone.”

Hour 3: 1:38pm

"Minatozaki Sana! I leave you for five minutes and you're already holding hands with Tzuyu!

Sana raises her hands, which ended up raising Tzuyu's hand as well, and she quickly pulls it down, "Contrary to what everyone's thinking, this is Tzuyu's suggestion.”

Tzuyu shrugs, "She couldn't stay still for 5 seconds. If I don't hold her down, she's gonna rip off my hand."

“Awww, Tzuyu. Don’t lie. I know you just want to hold my hand.” Wink.

Then a flying pillow went to hit Sana at the back of her head.

Hour 7: 5:44pm

“Don’t leave me.” Tzuyu says, as she follows her ‘teammates’ towards the door, with Sana draping over her.

“You’ll be fine.” Nayeon says, tapping Tzuyu’s shoulder.

Chaeyoung chuckles and turns to Tzuyu, “Call me if something happens.”

“I’m leaving the pepper spray here.”

“We’ll be back tomorrow with a grinder.”

“G—grinder?! Nayeon-ssi, what grinder?!”

 

Before Jihyo goes out the room she looks to Tzuyu then to Sana. Tzuyu has her left hand on her right shoulder, her fingers intertwined with Sana’s right, whose arm is over Tzuyu’s shoulder. Sana is smiling brightly looking at Tzuyu, while Tzuyu gives Chaeyoung a pleading face.

Jihyo sighs. Knowing Sana, she knows where this will go.

“Sana, can I say something privately?”

Sana looks away from Tzuyu slowly then turns to Jihyo, “Okay, what is it?”

Jihyo raises her eyebrow then points to their joined hands and very close proximity with her eyes. Sana just giggles and moves their joined hands over Tzuyu’s shoulder to move an arm’s length from Tzuyu.

Jihyo whispers something in her ear, and looks at her worriedly.

Sana just giggles and pushes Jihyo lightly. “That’s not gonna happen.”

Jihyo looks at her pointedly. And Sana taps her chest, “You can trust me, Jihyo. I got this.”

“That’s what you said last time. And the last one before that. This is just gonna end the same… She’s…--"

“I got this, Jihyo. Have a little faith?”

 

When the last one was out the door, Sana locks the door. She then slowly turns Tzuyu, jumping into her arms. “Aahh~~ Now I have you all to myself. What do we do now?”

Hour 8: 6:55pm

“Unnie, I have to pee.” Tzuyu says, creasing her eyebrows.

“Okay, I won’t look.”

“Ahh~ this is embarrassing.”

“Just to think of it as using the public restroom."

Hour 9: 8:01pm

“Tzuyu-ssi, what do you think of building a fort and watching some movies?”

“A fort?”

“You know, when you pile pillows and blankets and then camp inside?

“I know what it is… It’s just… Aren’t we too old for that?”

Sana pouts and shakes her head, “We’re never too old for forts, Tzuyu. Never.”

Hour 12: 11:36pm

“Are you not tired?” Sana asks as she feels Tzuyu move again from her side of the fort.

Tzuyu apologizes softly then sighs, “Am I keeping you awake?”

“Not really. I’m just scrolling through my phone, what is it?”

“Nothing.”

Sana raises her eyebrow at this. “Okay. A quick ‘nothing’ always means something. What is it?”

Tzuyu looks away from Sana. But when Sana squeezed their intertwined hands (Yes, they haven’t let go yet), she sighs, “I just… I can’t really sleep on someone else’s home on a first night.”

“Really?”

Tzuyu lowers her head, almost embarrassed, “Yes, it’s always been a problem for me.”

Sana looks at Tzuyu for a moment then nods, “Hmm. It’s your brain trying to stay awake, making sure you’re safe, because you’re somewhere unfamiliar.”

Tzuyu looks at Sana surprised.

Sana just giggles. She always gets that expression when she starts saying stuff like that. She leans closer to Tzuyu (if that’s even possible), then puts her head in Tzuyu’s shoulder, “It probably didn’t help that Jihyo was messing with you the whole day.”

Tzuyu was silent, trying to process what Sana just said.

Sana hums and says, “How about this: why don’t we get to know each other a little bit more? So you’ll feel comfortable around me?”

“I’m… I’m comfortable around you, unnie.”

“Comfortable enough to cuddle with me?”

“C-cuddle?”

“I cuddle, Tzuyu. It’s always been a ‘problem’ for me.” Sana says, winking at Tzuyu.

 

A moment later Tzuyu sighs, “Alright. How do we get to know each other?”

Sana smiles and hugs Tzuyu tight, “I thought you wouldn’t ask.”

Sana scrolls through her phone, now looking giddy. “This is an exercise that can fasten two people’s intimacy.”

She taps into her phone then shows her phone to Tzuyu.

Tzuyu narrows her eyes. Sana then proceeds to explain, “Although this has a reputation of making two people fall in love with each other—”

Tzuyu scoffs, “How can you fall in love with someone that quick?”

Sana pouts and says, “You can’t argue with Science!”

“Science? This… is an actual study?”

Sana smiles confidently and gives her phone to Tzuyu. “Says Aron and his colleagues. Backed up by Catron years later."

Tzuyu’s eyebrows crease, clear disbelief seen in her features.

Sana laughs, “Obviously, other factors like commitment, loyalty and such that really require time and experience to develop are excluded in the study.”

Tzuyu tilts her head and returns her attention back to Sana. There’s something about the Sana that’s in front of her that makes her interested. She’s never heard Sana talk like this. All the times they met in their Org at the university, she was never like this with any members. To be honest, she was never like this even outside the small Org Room. She always seems… carefree.

Sana smiles at her, recognizing the look in Tzuyu’s face, “It’s such a turn on, isn’t it?”

Tzuyu looks at her confused, “Turn on? What is?”

Sana smiles, leaning into Tzuyu even closer that their faces are now inches part, “Me talking like this?”

Tzuyu keeps her expression stoic, raising her eyebrows at this. Sana had always been flirty… to everyone else. Momo says its harmless. Sana had always put her heart on her sleeve. She also remembers Sana winning Miss Congeniality at that pageant in the university, making her really famous among the male and female population. She would also get tons of gifts and letters in the Org Room.

But Sana had never flirted with her. Maybe… because this is the first time she was alone with her.

Tzuyu just laughs and leans in as well, lessening their distance, “Alright, Sana-ssi. Why don’t we debunk Aron and Catron?”

“What’s that for?” Tzuyu says as she follows Sana back to their fort right after Sana retrieved a bottle of wine in one of her boxes.

“A little liquid courage wouldn’t hurt.”

“Please don’t tell me we have to drink at every question.”

Sana just giggles and motions for Tzuyu to sit back down in their little fort. Tzuyu sits down with Sana then slowly crawls towards the depths of the fort. At this point she already had learned how to synchronize with Sana. (Which is an achievement for Sana, if you ask Tzuyu.)

“Just drink whenever you feel like it. They say alcohol stifles reasoning skills and contemplating repercussions. It’s why alcohol would seem like a truth serum, or liquid courage. ‘Cause you can talk unrestraint and be brutally honest.”

They sit cross-legged almost across each other, with how far their intertwined hands would let them.

Tzuyu chuckles, “Are you gonna talk like that all the time?”

Sana retrieves her iPad and puts it in between them, not without smirking in Tzuyu’s direction, “Afraid you’re gonna fall in love with me when this is over?”

Tzuyu laughs heartily, “You wish.”

Sana purses her lips and puts her face anchored in the palm of her free hand, she brings up their joined hands and kisses the back of Tzuyu’s hand that surprised Tzuyu, “What if I want you to?”

Tzuyu is stunned for a moment. She quickly regains her composure and shakes her head, “Too bad it won’t happen.”

“Says the one who hasn’t let go of my hand.”

Tzuyu glares at Sana and points at the red marks in her wrist, “You made us fall more times that I can count!”

Sana looks at her guiltily, “I’ve already applied ointment! It’ll be gone in no time!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter