II.

또다시 발견한 너 / Memoria

When the sun rises again in the morning, Eunbi finds that Yuna's name is still vivid in her mind. "Choi Yuna," she calls out again, this time in a cheerful tone that Eunbi herself finds foreign but nice. Her lips form a smile and her eyes turn into crescents upon the fuzziness that spreads in her heart.

Yuna is welcomed by both the rising sun and the brightness in Eunbi's smile. "Come here, Eunbi," she opens her arms to which Eunbi excitedly runs into and falls into her embrace.

For the first time, Eunbi experiences a freshness from the scent of Yuna when they hold their bodies close.

When they part, Yuna notices that her clothes look new, as compared to Eunbi. "Have you been here for a long while?"

"I don't remember," Eunbi shakes her head. Eunbi then realises Yuna's point, and looks down on her coat. Turning to Yuna, she asks, "Have you been here for long?"

"I don't know. But long enough for me to know that every dusk and dawn, my memories fade away," Yuna shows an expression of distress when she answers.

"Me too," Eunbi replies in a soft mumble, putting her head down. 

"But I remembered you! How?" Eunbi's head springs back up.

Yuna furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head. "I don't know. I remembered you too," she quietly answers.

"Should we part? Would we find things out?" Yuna asks.

Eunbi purses her lips together. "What could we find out, when we will forget after tonight?"

Yuna nods, "That's true. Besides…" she pauses, "I don't really wanna leave your side."

"Me too," Eunbi breaks into a smile, one that Yuna remembers she loves seeing. Yuna senses a fluttering in her heart, that pushes her own lips into a smile as well. Yuna puts her hand out and holds Eunbi in hers before they begin to roam the steppes together.

For that day, Yuna and Eunbi's slow, weary paces are replaced with running, jumping and chasing that express their exhilaration and joy of being with each other. Yuna relishes in Eunbi's laughter gentle on her ears, as the girls spend their time for as long as the sun still shines. 

When dusk approaches, they collapse on the grass, beads of sweat over their foreheads, as they enjoy the sunset together. Eunbi watches as the colour of the sky changes and with it the light that falls on Yuna's soft cheeks. She brings a hand up, and lets her fingers gently feel Yuna's porcelain face. 

Yuna smiles upon the touch. The fluttering in her heart indicates the preciousness of the moment. Yuna scans Eunbi's cheery face and captures it with her eyes like a camera, telling herself to keep the film of the memory protected in her forever.