I.

또다시 발견한 너 / Memoria

Eunbi stands alone amongst the swaying grass. She closes her eyes to feel the sun rays settling on her, giving her irregular washes of warmth through the freezing degrees of the winter. The warmth she feels then begins to intensify, but from a different source. It spreads within her, the touch on her heart seemingly familiar yet Eunbi cannot remember where it has come from.

Eunbi never remembers. Every day is a new day, yet in new there is no essence of freshness or enthusiasm, only emptiness and languor. 

Today, the warmth she feels is strong. The stinging in her chest is like the burning of a mark in her heart. Eunbi opens her eyes. She finds a tall frame before her, with wistful eyes that speak to her. The stinging in her heart is a sign. Taking listless strides, Eunbi closes the distance.

All is still except for the setting sun and the changing sky. Within three seconds, the sun is out and the stars light up the sky.

"Choi Yuna," Eunbi calls, and for the first time, her lips form a smile, albeit a small, melancholic one.

 

The crows tell Yuna that the day is about to end. Her quiet strolls bring her over the plains, across lakes, and she stops to watch the sun set for her memories to fade away again.

The sun is her only source of warmth in the seemingly endless winter, until Yuna finds a stinging in her heart that leads her footsteps. It intensifies, until she arrives at where her heart brings her.

Yuna finds Eunbi standing in the middle of a meadow. Her hair seems to sway with the tall grass, as she takes slow steps approaching Yuna. 

Their gazes lock. Yuna does not speak, and neither does Eunbi. Neither make any movement until the sky darkens. Darkness covers over them, and the twinkling of stars gradually becomes more apparent.

Yuna finds that she does not remember where she has come from. She forgets the low-lying swallows and the nimble squirrels. The image of a cloud shaped like a castle slowly dissipates in her mind. Yuna never remembers.

So does Eunbi.

However, Eunbi remembers the light of the falling sun on Yuna's face, the shine of her ivory locks, the sorrow in her eyes. 

"Choi Yuna," her voice gently calls.

"Hwang Eunbi," the name fluently rolls off Yuna's lips.

Taking a step forward, Yuna reaches for Eunbi's hand and holds it in hers.

 

a/n: this story has "memoria" in the title, but the most part of the reference is limited and only the front part of this chapter when eunbi is alone under the sun, and the returning warmth. and the "sign" being the stinging/fluttering in their hearts. in fact, this story is about the lack of memory-- thought i should bring the irony out. or rather signify how their heads don't remember but their hearts can still lead them to each other... hmm am i explaining the story too much? xD but well, that does seem to sound a little like the mv of memoria as well, haha