epilogue.

또다시 발견한 너 / Memoria

"Oh no," Eunha gasps into the telephone. She turns around with cautious eyes, glancing at Sowon.

"What is it?" Sowon's sharp voice pierces through the air, and through the telephone line. 

"It's Yewon. Yerin unnie she..." Eunha timidly mutters, her voice trailing away.

"Oh heavens, Jung Yerin will be the death of me. If I could die a second time," Sowon grunts as she walks over. "Hmm," she hums with an outstretched hand, demanding that Eunha hands her the phone.

"Kim Yewon, you better tell me what she did."

She hears Yewon sigh before answering, "Yerin unnie brought Choi Yuna to Hwang Eunbi."

"Wha—"

Before Sowon continues to rage, Yewon cuts her off, "I managed to do whatever I could. Same thing, her memories are gone and so is any sign of vengeance— though this pure heart had not much of it to begin with, she'll just remain wandering like Hwang Eunbi until the two find each other."

Sowon releases a hard, long sigh as she combs her hair up to the back of her head, rolling her eyes. "Okay. Now get back here."

When the line gets cut off, Yerin who has been silent asks Yewon with large eyes, "Do you think she's angry?"

Yewon releases another sigh, "She would be a lot more if we don't get back now."

 

Eunha watches the door anxiously, until it silently opens to reveal Yewon and Yerin returning to the office.

"Sowon unnie, firefighting," Eunha informs them. The three try to take a look.

"One year ago your subordinate made a huge mistake. Now we've got two youthful girls as lost souls in the middle of nowhere?!" Sowon grimaces as she pulls the phone away from her ears when So Sungjin begins yelling.

"I'd like to say I hope that this doesn't happen again, but I said this the last time as well. But yes, I do wish this doesn't happen again. Please."

"I understand," Sowon continues to speak respectably, "I will try my best."

"Your best isn't enough. We need Jung Yerin to get some sense. Well, this time it's like this. We'll speak next time." 

Sowon puts the phone down. 

"Jung Yerin, Kim Yewon, come in," Sowon immediately commands. The girls quietly walk in and stand themselves in a line before their oldest.

"It's only one year since your big mistake. Jung Yerin, you know how it is when those up there don't get to see who they want to see," Sowon has her arms folded.

Yerin wants to apologise, but she is aching to tell a story. Seeing this, Sowon braces herself, and so do Yewon and Eunha, ready to listen. "I'm sorry, but there was just something about Choi Yuna. And for the last few days I've followed her, I found out about her and Hwang Eunbi. So I felt like I wanted the best for her, Choi Yuna, and for them. Just before her death, there was so much sadness in her eyes, I couldn't help but ask, Choi Yuna, do you have a wish?"

Continuing, animatedly, she says, "And she answered me! I mean, not like she could hear me to answer me but, she said, 'I wish I could see you again, Eunbi yah.' And I thought, I must help her! I can help her see Hwang Eunbi again!" Sowon, Eunha and Yewon are amused by Yerin's excitement.

"So I brought Choi Yuna to where I remembered Hwang Eunbi was…. But a year ago. And I prayed earnestly that they'll find each other soon. Then I called Yewon about it because I was so happy I could help Choi Yuna. Until Yewon told me that it means that Choi Yuna is now a wandering soul…" her tone dips greatly in her last sentence.

"So I tried to help, like what Eunha unnie did for Hwang Eunbi a year ago. And you know what follows," Yewon continues the story for Yerin, who is now too ashamed to speak.

When Sowon stays silent, the other three hold their lips tight.

Sowon releases a deep sigh. "At least they have each other now, and forever." 

Later, when the tension in the office dissipates, Eunha asks in a casual refrain, "Why should Yerin unnie care so much about Choi Yuna to ask about her wish?"

Sowon says, "Maybe they were associated a few lives ago."

Yewon proceeds to asks, "Won't Yerin unnie remember?"

"I don't remember much about my life since becoming a grim reaper. What if I lost my memory before dying?" Yerin shakes her head in confusion.

Eunha asks, "How did you lose your memory as a living person?"

Yewon shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know, brain damage?"

Sowon nods her head. "Yerin has brain damage for sure." 

"Hey!" Yerin can only protest.

 

a/n: that is it for this fic! it was short, and i still don't find it satisfactory, but i hope you liked it. i couldn't resist throwing in some gfriend dysfunctionality (mainly yerin, i'm sorry HAHAHA) and this epilogue pretty much explains the whole story!! the grim reaper concept was loosely inspired by "The Universe's Star" (it's a pretty cute drama, i came across an episode on tv and suho is q cute in it. hahaha xD) but this was after knowing i want sinju wandering without any memories but finding each other, their destiny. it still fascinates me, how these two can share such a beautiful love as each other's destiny. call me delusional but i think shinb's insistence on the colour purple with the meaning of first love and yuju calling shinb her destiny is enough for me ♡♡ it's been enjoyable writing this melodrama, i do miss sinju a lot (ALL THE TIME TBH ;-;) and i hope we get more sinju this comeback hehe a few of us were dying on twitter thinking about the possibility of getting a sinju love story as the mv plot :"))) ded. aLSO THE COMEBACK PHOTOS FOR TWISTED CAME AS SINJU BELIEVE ME I DIED I LITERALLY SCREAMED I WAS SO HAPPY tho this fic is only based on the photos from the crossroads concept
anyway, i hope you enjoyed this fic!! will update poco a poco soon, hope to keep writing more sinju <3