III.

또다시 발견한 너 / Memoria

"Do you want to know who we are?" Eunbi asks when the afternoon sun blazes above them. 

Yuna returns the question, "Do you?"

"I started asking questions upon finding you, now that I can actually remember at least something. But I didn't think if I really wanted to know, or if it was really important."

"Are you thinking of that now?"

"Not yet, but now."

"Did you wonder why you couldn't remember anything in the morning?"

"I don't remember questioning."

"Right, you wouldn't remember."

"It may have crossed my mind each day, but I don't think I sought any answers."

Yuna keeps her silence.

"Let's not talk about this. Let's go, unnie," her lips spread into a radiant smile as she tugs onto the taller girl by the arm, and they begin their everyday wander, hand in hand.

They stop at the sight of two mountain peaks. The sunlight seeping through the valley, and the clouds that move in the winds form a pattern on the grassland. 

Holding Eunbi close, Yuna presses a soft kiss on her forehead. 

Silently looking into each other's eyes, the tranquil breeze resembles the peaceful smile on their lips. There is no need for spoken words, when they both know that they are right where they are supposed to be, all their lives. Blinking their watery eyes, Yuna and Eunbi measure the gratitude in their hearts for having found each other, and for knowing each other without explanation or conversation.

Eunbi raises her head a little, and their lips touch.

 

True enough, Eunbi's memory fails on her and she cannot recall how many days it has been since finding Yuna.

Yuna catches the crestfallen look on Eunbi.

"I'm sorry," Yuna says.

"Why?" 

"In the end, we never got to really know who we were," Yuna says while her eyes hover over the meadow.

Eunbi shakes her head. "All we need to know is each other. All we needed to find, was each other. You are my destiny, as much as I am yours."

Closing any distance between them, Eunbi slips her hand into Yuna's and let their fingers intertwine, as they remain gazing at the far horizon and the sky begins to darken.

 

One morning, they find themselves apart at the start of a new day, with no memory of how they have separated. A stinging pain in her heart tells Eunbi where Yuna is. Eunbi runs. 

Yuna runs.

Until they fall into each other's arms.

"I love you," Yuna breathes.

"I love you," Eunbi repeats.

They find each other again. They will always do.

 

a/n: yessss kiss scenes >< and i always just have this fantasy of them running to each other's arms ahhhh
i hope you're enjoying this fic!!