There's more than meets the eye

Contrasts

SB,Can you please stop squeezing my arm?! I'm sure it's good news.

SJ.You can't know that!

SY. I'm sure she's nervous because if we are rejected it's sad but if we're accepted YOU KNOW WHO is gonna be there...

SJ. SHut up 

MB. C'mon just open the letter so we can have some peace... maybe...

SinB breathes and carefully opens the letter... her eyes open wider and a smile lights up her face

SB. They accepted us! GUYS MADE IT INTO THE COMPETITION!!

The whole band lose it, for like 10 minutes there's no more than happy yelling and jumping and hugging eachother, the chances of being accepted were so low but after a while the happines calms down a bit and they start planning, which song could they perform for the competition, which one is better, the instruments, the equipment, is known that they could get more points if they perform an original song, but even when they've been trying to produce something good, there's nothing that totally convince them... also the end of the semester is near, that means less time for practice and a lot of stress despite of how much each one enjoys performing... Finally Siyeon voices what everyone is thinking

SY. Guys this is gonna be so much stressing but I think we NEED to perform an original song... to get better chances to win..

SJ. I agree but you guys know I'm better at performing than producing so I'm afradid I won't be as helpful as SinB..

MB. I'm with Sojung in this, you and Eunbi are the creative ones here, I'm not saying I won't be supportive but just please don't get mad at me if I don't give much ideas...

SB. Oh c'mon you two stop! We need to focus on this and eveyones participation will be really important, even with the slightest suggestion we could get a better result, I know we're all nervous and we will be stressed but this is also something we love! So it's better to start working and checking what we have!

MB. That's why you are our leader hehehehe

SB. Stop it with that... we have no leader, if I were our leader you would be already out of this band for bringing a different girl every time we practice..

MB. Aaaand she's back, is not everytime we have practice SinB! And also I stopped bringing them because the last ones I brought ended falling for 'the hot girl playing the guitar'

SB. Is not my fault they realized they deserve better- SinB says with a smirk

SY. Guys please let's focus on this... we need to match our schedules...

The band goes deep into planning trying to plan the practices, the schedules, they even start sharing some vague ideas about the theme of their original song, after 2 hours of hard work and 1 hour or pratice they're all done for the day and each one leaves to relax, Siyeon goes to visit Minji ( her girlfriend ) MoonBin goes to basketball practice, SoJung and SinB decide to go to a coffee shop "Crossroads", they like this place because they let local bands perform and promote their work, they also sell some paintings from local painters, basically that place supports local artists...

Both enter the place and go straight to order two iced americano, while waiting for their order, Sojung seems to be enjoying the music, SinB starts paying attention to the melodies, the band is really good... but she feels like she knows that style... oh no... that sweet voice... Sojung's eyes open wide when she hears that too... that's Eunha's band....

.....

Sb. Unnie are you sure about this?

Sw. Yes! You told me to follow my instincts and my instincts say this is gonna work!

Sb. I know I said that but I meant like... maybe you should ask her on a date first...also she didn't seem to be happy after we won over her band...

Sw. Well maybe she wasn't happy but this has nothing to do with us right? I mean we didn't do anything bad...

Sb. Sigh... ok... I'll be seated in that table if you need anything

Sojung gets into the cafeteria followed by SinB, the taller girl walks confidently to a table occupied by 4 people, Sana, Eunha, Jackson and Jisoo, the band they just on over the rockjam... Eunha and Sojung have been texting eachother until the day of the competition, three days ago and before their performance Eunha gave Sojung a goodluck kiss behind stage, no one know about this except for SinB, Sojung being a "go big or go home" kind of person decides to confess without hesitation... what Sojung doesn't know, is that Eunha and Sana tried to date months before this, it didn't work but they're still kinda attached and Sana saw the kiss between the two of them, after Sojung's band won over them, Sana convinced Eunha about Sojung only trying to confuse her so they could easily win, Eunha was kinda sad because of that and easily believed Sana's words and now they're giving a chance to her relationship again...

SJ. Hello.. Eunha...could we please talk somewhere more private?

EH. Excuse me? - she asks coldly..

SJ. I need to tell you something but...

EH. Whatever you need to say, you can say it here...

SJ. Ok then.. Eunha I think you're gorgeous, beautiful, talented, smart and fun... I like you a lot and I know you like me too, so please be my girlfriend...

There's a really awkward silence after that, not only that but people start's to notice something is happening in that table and this is only getting worst, Eunha doesn't know what to say but she has no time to think about it because Sana stands up...

SH. How dare you to come here and try to steal my girlfriend?? Isn't it enough what you did to win the first place? she won't believe your lies anymore, go away big cheater!

Sojung is speechless, she really doesn't know what's happening now, she looks at Eunha but she just avoids her, Sojung gives a step back but she accidentally crashes with a girl walking behind her with her lunch not only that but falls infront of everyone who is now aware that something is going wrong there... SinB tries to approach her but there's a crowd around and she is not able to reach her on time to catch her, when she gets there a really confused Sojung is now on the floor and people around is laughing... SinB looks at them with really angry eyes and they start going away, even Eunha and her friends... after this incident Sojung stays away from that place, they've never talked about it again and she doesn't talk to Eunha either...

....

Sj. Oh no... it's bad enough to have to see them during the event but now here too? I hope they give us our drinks soon...

SB. Hey I could just stay here if you want to wait outside...

SJ. Sigh.. no this is fine... I guess I have to get use to see her, I won't let anything distract me from our band anymore...

SB. You sure? I know we haven't talk about it but... you didn't do anything wrong.. you didn't know they were dating Unnie..

SJ. Is not that SinB.. I know I didn't do anything wrong on purpose but it's me the one who got humilliated, I hate not having the guts to go to the cafeteria more often because there's always someone saying "hey there's the cheater girl" HOW DID I EVEN CHEAT I hate them...

SB. Hey it's ok you deserve better c'mon! It's true that is not easy to ignore them and to get over someone you thought you love but there are more people, who knows... 

SJ. Yes I know you're right I'm just not ready yet...

SB. Well.. I guess we're on the same boat...

SJ. Oh.. SinB I'm sorry I didn't want to make you remember those things...

SB. It's fine now, It's less painful everytime, I guess I am upset to because they assumed I was something I'm not too... and she believes them...

SJ. I don't think she did, but you know how dance club is... maybe she just didn't want to be left outside, I'm not defending her tho...

SB. You're probably right...

 

Text for Dahyun.

Hey I just finished our performance, are you free to watch a movie later?.

-No answer....

It's been a week since Dahyun stopped replying, SinB didn't worry about it too much because they don't talk that often, since she's into music and Dahyun into dance  they just text eachother when they're free, still the have good moments when they're able to meet, both know eachother passion about art and they respect it, also they get along so well, SinB feels like they are the perfect match, or she was sure like two days ago but no so far, now it feels like Dahyun is avoiding her, usually they send at least one or two texts a day to wish a good day or night, or just a fun meme, lately no texts nor anything... Is she ghosting me? SinB thinks... she's starting to worry, so she checks the hour, it's only 5pm and it's thursday, Dahyun usually finishes practice at 5:30 so why not go and check if she's free, maybe it'd be a good surprise, she grabs her skateboard and waits outside the school... finally she divises Dahyun walking with her friends, she seems happy, when the group of girls gets closer, Dahyun finally realizes SinB is waiting for her, SinB waves her hand saying hello and the dancer smile goes away, it's like she's watching away, the other dancers look at her direction with cold stares, they don't like SInB because it's well known that the girl doesn't take school serioues, she wastes her time playing the guitar and is also a distraction for one of the best dancers of the team... Dahyun says something to them and they keep walking, the dancer now walks to meet SinB...

SB. Hey!! I've been missing you...

DH. Hey...

SB. Are you ok?

DH. Yes.. I... am just a bit tired, It was a hard practice..

SB. Oh I guess it was.. are you thirsty? I brought some water and some candies...

DH. No, it's ok I'll just eat something when I get home..

SB. Oh actually I was wondering if you want to come and watch a movie? I could prepare some pasta for you and...

DH. We need to talk..

SB. Sure! tell me what's up?

DH. Eunbi I don't think... you're good for me...

SB. Excuse me, what?

DH. Listen we had good moments really but I need to focus on my dancing and you're always not taking stuff serious, I don't think this is going anywhere...

SB. So you're saying I'm not good enough for you?

It was hard to believe Dahyun's words because before that she told SinB how much she admired her passion for music, how far she wanted to get, her plans for the future and all the dedication she put in every band performance and now she wasn't enough ?! suddenly, the dancer's captain reach them and starts talking...

C. You just heard her.. Dahyun is a really important member of the team and you're just distracting her, she deserves someone better with big plans for her future, not just a skater girl who keeps daydreaming all the time...leave her alone!

DH. Unnie it's fine I got this...

SB. Sure you do... goodbye...

SinB skates too fast, she wants to runaway from that place, she doesn't want anyone watch her crying, but the tears are flooding her eyes, what happened to all the promises ? what about the plans? big plans? she does have it! who are those dancers to judge her like that, they don't know anything about her, what makes her music so different from their dance team? her heart aches, she really thought Dahyun was the one, the way they connected was outta this world and now it's gone just like that, she doesn't believe Dahyun's but even if she's lying, she didn't deffend what they had, maybe it wasn't that important for her, angry, sad, heartbroken and with teary eyes SinB can't see the way clearly and in just a second she's on the floor after trying to avoid someone who was trying to cross the street... 

UJ. SInB what on earth?? are you ok??? WAIT... are you? what.. happened?

The musician can't hold it anymore, now apart from the heart she feels like her wrist is broken too, she can't stop the tears, there in the floor she feels so defeated by life, Umji seats next to her and hugs her, they stay there until SinB calms down a little bit... that's the last they Eunbi used her skateboard..."

SJ. Hey HEEEEY!!

SB. Whaaat! 

SJ. You zone out again... were you thinking of Yerin??

SB. Stop I wasn't! we're just good friends...

SJ. HAHAHAHA sure you are for now!

SB. Shut up! Look they're finally bringing our order!! Let's get out of here!

When they're walking to the exit, they pay attention to the beautiful paintings exhibited on the hallway, one of the paintings catches Eunbi's eyes, It's a girl playing the guitar with a big sunflower in the background, she pays attention to the artist name, her heart stops for a second, her stomach shakes when she reads the words signing the picture...

There's more than meets the eye...

- Jung Yerin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little bit of the past in this update! I hope you like it, I love you all, GFriend and SinRin <3