REDSNOW

DESTINY

 

Jinyoung woke up to the sound of waves hitting the beach. He stretched as he looked outside his balcony as the sun starting to rise. Another day has just begun. He made his messy bed, grabbed his towel from the hanger and went for a quick shower. Walking downstairs, Jinyoung was ready to start his day running a small café. He was wiping the counter top when the front door bell chimed.

‘Good morning oppa…’ Ryujin said, flashing her sweet smile as she walked in.

‘Morning cupcake…you’re early…’

‘Got errand to do for my mother…’ She went to the counter, store her bag inside the cabinet and grab her apron. ‘Um…Jeongin is gonna be late, he have to send his brother to the kindergarten.’

‘Okay…’

Customers starts pouring in the secluded café by afternoon since it was pretty well known among the young people at this side of the island…thanks to social media and stuff. Jinyoung made a great decision moving to Jeju and opening a café has always been his dream. He bought the two story building and renovated the downstairs into a café, nothing big…a few tables inside and a small terrace facing the ocean.

‘Two vanilla latte for table 10…’ Jinyoung put two tall glasses on the tray.

‘Nae…’ Jeongin gladly took them to serve.

‘Welcome to RedSnow…what can I get you?’ Ryujin asked the customer standing in front of the counter.

‘Um…can I have one strawberry latte, with whipped cream and carrot cake to go please?’ the woman said.

‘Sure…’

Later that evening…

‘Thank you for coming…have a great day…’ Jeongin greeted as the last customer walked out from their café. ‘And we’re closed…’ he said flipping the close sign at the door.

‘Good job you two…are you staying for dinner? I’m making pasta…’ Jinyoung said looking at Ryujin and Jeongin.

‘I can’t…got a date…’ Jeongin grinned.

‘Cupcake?’

‘I never say no to food oppa…especially made by you…’ she said.

‘Okay…Jeongin, can you check the stock in the supply room?’

‘Sure…’ Jeongin walked to the back.

‘Need help oppa?’

‘It’s okay…just clear the tables and then we can eat…’

At the terrace…

‘So, how do you like living here oppa?’ Ryujin asked as she and Jinyoung were having dinner together. Jeongin was long gone leaving them alone at the café.

‘Pretty good…I’ve always liked Jeju…it’s the best decision I’ve made in a while…’

‘Oppa, can I ask you something?’

‘Shoot.’

‘Why RedSnow? I’ve been thinking asking you about this for a while now…’

‘Well…I love snow and someone I know love red…so RedSnow…’

‘Is that a special someone?’ she raised her eyebrows at him.

‘What are you? Detective?’ he stared at her.

‘No…I’ve known you since you moved here and I’ve never seen you out on a date…and don’t think that I didn’t see those guys slipping you their numbers…’

‘I’m just simply not interested…that’s all…’

‘I think you’re hiding something oppa…’ Ryujin nudged him.

How can he date anyone else when there’s a guy living in his heart and he’s not going anywhere? Jinyoung tried to forget about Mark, but he can’t…his love for him just too strong.

Next day…

‘Hey cupcake…I need to go out for a while…’ Jinyoung took off his apron. ‘You think you can handle the place?’

‘Of course oppa…I’m your best employee for a reason…besides, Jeongin is here to help me…’

‘I know I can count on you…’ he ruffled Ryujin’s hair. ‘I’ll be back soon ok?’

‘Yes sir!’

Mark walked into the small café with Moonbyul right on his heels.

‘Well, this is nice…’ Moonbyul said, looking around the quaint little establishment. They had a rough time finding this hidden place.

‘It screams his name for sure…’ Mark smiled.

‘Welcome to RedSnow…hi, what can I get you today?’ a young girl greeted them.

‘Um…’ Mark looked at the menu. ‘What’s your best seller?’

‘Well…that has to be our signature Blue Ocean citrus tea…a blend of refreshing citrus mix with blue non-alcoholic Curacao syrup…’ she explained.

‘Okay…I’ll have two of that and dessert of the day…’

‘That will be Lemon tart…also two?’

‘Yes…’

‘Great…that will be 25000 won…’

Mark took out 3 10000 won bills and handed it to her.

‘Keep the change…’ he said.

‘Thank you…have a seat and I’ll have my friend send you the tea and tart…’

‘Thank you…’

Moonbyul was enjoying the sea breeze when Mark joined her at the terrace.

‘He chose the right spot…I mean…it’s Instagram worthy scenery…no wonder it’s kinda well known even though it’s pretty much secluded from the public…’

‘He got knacks finding hidden jewels…’ Mark smiled.

‘I know for sure you’ll gonna love it here…’ Moonbyul patted Mark’s thigh.

‘Do you think he’s gonna accept me?’

‘He better be…or I will kick his with my 4 inch Louboutin…’ Moonbyul raised her feet, showcasing his ultra-shining boots.

Inside…

‘Great, you’re back…’ Ryujin said as she saw Jinyoung walked into the café.

‘How’s everything?’

‘Under control…oppa, can you send out these orders?” Ryujin pushed a tray with drinks and desserts to him.

‘Sure…which table?’

‘They’re outside at the terrace…a couple…they’re the only one there…’

‘Got it…’

Jinyoung’s breath hitched as he saw the familiar back view of a man sitting at the table at the edge of the terrace. The woman next to him…he knew her as well…

What are they doing here?

Jinyoung took a deep breath, calmed himself down before making his way towards the pair.

‘Your order sir…’ he said, trying his best to stay calm and collected.

Their eyes met and Jinyoung wanted to cry. Mark looked good…no, he looked great in his casual clothes…just plain jeans and a simple T-shirt. Jinyoung put the drinks and desserts on the table, bowed and left.

‘Oppa, you okay?’ Ryujin asked when Jinyoung came back to the counter.

‘I’m…I’m okay…why wouldn’t I be?’

‘I dunno…seems like you’ve just seen a ghost or something…’

‘I’m fine cupcake…it must be the heat…’

‘If you say so…’

‘I’m gonna head upstairs for a bit okay?’

‘Okay…don’t worry, I got everything under control…’

Jinyoung came back down couple hours later and saw the café was empty. He looked at the terrace and no one was there.

“You’re looking for someone oppa?’ Ryujin asked, startling him.

‘Geez…you almost give me a heart attack cupcake…’ Jinyoung said, rubbing his chest.

‘Are you okay now?’

‘Yeah…I’m fine…I just need a little breather…’

It was later that night when Jinyoung decided to take a short walk along the beach to clear his mind. Seeing Mark again earlier that day brought so many memories back to him. He was sitting alone facing the dark sea when someone came and sat next to him.

‘Hi…’

It was Mark.

“Hi…’ Jinyoung answered shortly, turning his gaze away as quickly as he could.

‘What are you doing here?’ Mark asked, scooting closer to Jinyoung.

‘Um…nothing…just enjoying the night sea wind…where’s your wife?’ Jinyoung felt a huge lump in his throat over the question.

‘She’s gone…her flight is an hour ago…’

‘What are you doing here?’

‘To find you…’

A long silence broke between them.

‘No…seriously Mark…what are you doing here?’

‘I’m serious…I’ve been looking for you for a while now…and I finally found you…’

‘Please…I…your wife…’

‘We’ve divorced…’

‘What?’ Jinyoung stared at Mark.

‘Our divorce just got finalized yesterday…she’s probably on her way to publish it to the public…’

‘But…what about your company? Your family?’

‘Well…I’m still the CEO…I just decided that I’m gonna start working from here instead…’

‘What? Here?’

‘Yeah…and our family kinda have to agree since Moonbyul was the one that decided to get the divorce…’

‘What do you mean you’re working from here?’

‘I mean…’ Mark grabbed Jinyoung’s hand. ‘I’m moving here…for good…with you…if you still want me…’

Mark yelped when Jinyoung leaped onto him, sending both of them tumbling on the sand.

‘Of course I want you!

Faint sobbing was heard and Mark was worried when he saw Jinyoung crying.

‘Hey, hey…what’s wrong?’

The two of them sat up and Jinyoung sobbed harder.

‘Baby…’ Mark cupped Jinyoung’s face, wiping the tears away with his thumbs. ‘Hey…why are you crying?’

“I’m…I’m…I’m just happy…I thought you’re just stopping here chance and seeing you with her…I just…’

Mark pulled Jinyoung into a tight hug.

‘I’m not going anywhere anymore…I’ll be here with you…forever…’

‘Promise?’

‘Promise…I love you Park Jinyoung…always have and always will…’

‘I love you too Mark…’

Next morning…

‘Coffee?’ Jinyoung asked when he saw Mark walking downstairs. The guy was wearing a board shorts paired with a sleeveless graphic T-shirt.

*That’s my man…* Jinyoung smiled.

‘Sure…’

Jinyoung pour a mug of hot steaming coffee and slide it over the counter to Mark.

‘Black no sugar…’

‘You remembered…” Mark grinned.

‘I never forget…’ Jinyoung said. His eyes darted towards the red purplish spot on Mark’s neck. The evidence of their intense love making session last night.

‘So, you didn’t tell me how you end up here…how’s your father taking all of this…’

‘Well...’ Jinyoung stood next to Mark, leaning against the counter. ‘I basically remove myself from the family registry…my dad stripped me from all of his wealth thinking I might be affected by it…but we both know better…I have my own trust fund courtesy of my grandpa that he cannot touch…’

‘So you bought this place…and open this café?’

‘Yup…you know I’ve always loved the beach…and this is the perfect place…how do you even find me?’

‘Hyunwoo hyung…’

‘He told you?’

‘I kinda use Hoseok hyung to get the info…’

‘Mark…’

‘Hmm?’

‘Nothing…it’s just feel…surreal…that you’re here with me…feels like a dream…’

Mark pulled Jinyoung towards him and wrapped his arm around his slender waist.

‘Believe me babe…no one gonna break us apart ever again…’

A soft peck landed on Jinyoung’s lips…that turned into a full on make out session.

Then…

‘Oops! Okay…I didn’t expect to see that…’

Ryujin’s voice startled the pair. Jinyoung quickly untangled himself from Mark’s embrace, fixing his somewhat messy hair.

‘Hey…good morning cupcake…’ Jinyoung said.

‘Well…someone is having extra good morning…’ Ryujin looked at Mark. ‘Um…Jinyoung oppa…who is this?’

‘This is Mark…my boyfriend…’

‘Boyfriend? For real?’ her eyes widened in disbelief.

‘Yeah…this is Ryujin, she work here…’

‘I know…I saw her yesterday…hi…’

‘Hi…hey, you’re that guy…’

‘That’s me…so, what can I do to help today?’

‘Um…arrange the tables on the terrace…and water the plant in front…’

‘Yes sir…’

Mark went to the terrace.

‘Stop looking at me like that…’ Jinyoung said when Ryujin staring at him.

‘Is he really…’

‘That’s my boyfriend…’

‘So that’s why you’re rejecting those date offers…now it makes sense…’

‘Great…now go do your work young lady…’

‘Yes boss!’ she mocked salute him.

 

They're finally together again!!!

Epilogue is coming up next!