LETTING GO

DESTINY

Jinyoung arrived at his office late that morning…he had to pick up Umji at her home and send her to the club house as per his father’s request.

‘What’s my schedule for today Hyunjin?’ Jinyoung asked as he took off his jacket.

‘Um…you have a meeting with the PR Team about the new campaign at 11…Ms. Umji just called to confirm about your lunch date with her at 1 o’clock…’

‘Lunch date? With her?’ Jinyoung frowned. She didn’t say anything while they were in the car just now.

‘Yeah…1 o’ clock at Yanis…she’ll meet you there…and your 3 o’ clock meeting with London rep just got moved to 4 o’clock…’

‘Why?’

‘Technical glitch on their side…’

‘Is that it?’

‘Um…this came in just before you arrived…’

Hyunjin hand Jinyoung an envelope. He opened it and it was an invitation card…to his wedding.

‘What the hell?’ his eyes widened. He saw the date on the card…it’s 2 months away. ‘Who sent this?’

‘Your father’s secretary…’

President Park just ended his meeting with one of the executives when Jinyoung suddenly barged into his office.

‘Jinyoung ah…what are you doing here? Umji told me you drop her off at the club house…good job my son…’ he said with a smile.

‘What the hell is this?’ Jinyoung slammed the card onto his father’s desk.

‘Your wedding invitations…since you’re too busy with work, I’ve appointed someone to be your wedding planner…don’t worry, he’s the best one in the country…’

‘I don’t approve this!’

‘Well, I did…’ Mr. Park stared at his son.

‘Are you freaking serious? I’m not gonna marry that girl!’

‘You are and you will Jinyoung…and that’s an order! I’m your father and you will obey my words.’

‘Or what?’

‘Or I’ll strip everything from your name…everything!’ Mr. Park said emphasizing on his words.

‘And that supposed to scare me? Seriously? Fine…do it! As if I care about your money…”

Jinyoung tore the card into tiny pieces and threw it into the air before walking out from his father’s office.

*****************************

Moonbyul was walking out from a coffee shop when someone accidentally hit her, spilling her newly bought Americano on the ground, nearly staining her baby blue blouse.

‘Oh my god…I’m so sorry…are you ok?’

It was a guy.

‘I’m fine…just glad that it didn’t stain my blouse…’ Moonbyul looked up and saw a familiar face. ‘Jinyoung ssi…’

The two people sat across one another trying to find suitable words to say.

‘Um…’they said at the same time.

‘You first…’ Moonbyul said.

‘No, no…ladies first…Moonbyul ssi…’

‘You know who I am?’

‘Yeah…Park Moonbyul, Star Pharmaceuticals current CEO…I’m sorry bumping into you…I didn’t look where I was going…’

‘It’s okay…accidents happened…’

‘I’ll pay for your coffee…’

‘Thanks…this is awkward huh?’ Moonbyul chuckled.

‘Kinda…I didn’t expect that we’re gonna meet each other…let alone sitting in a coffee shop together.’

‘I’m glad we did actually…’

Jinyoung looked at the lady in front of him. Moonbyul is a beautiful woman…she got this charming, powerful woman aura exudes from her…he saw her on a few occasion and she was intimidating to say the least…polite, without letting others stepped on her.

‘You do?’

‘Yeah…so now, I can tell you to stay away from my husband…’

‘Excuse me?’

‘You heard me…stay away from Mark…I know you’re looking at him when we’re in events together…’

Jinyoung was lost for words.

‘Look…I don’t mean to be disrespectful…but you have no right telling me what to do…’ he stared at her.

‘You’re lusting for my husband…and if I remember correctly, you’re already engaged aren’t you?’

‘First of all…it’s not just lust…I love Mark, always did and always will…and secondly, that engagement is whack…I don’t agree to it…’

‘Then why did you do it?’

‘It’s what Mark and I agreed to do...look Moonbyul ssi…Mark and I have been together for 5 years before this fiasco started that led Mark marry you and I’m getting engaged to another woman…one thing for sure, I love Mark…and I’m pretty sure that he loved me too…’

‘I…’

‘Do I regret that thing happened this way? Yes…every day of my life…seeing the man you love dearly with another woman is making me sick, but you bet I’m trying my best to get us out of this…’

Jinyoung got up and fished out his wallet. He pulled a few 10000 won notes and put it on the table.

‘It’s for the coffee…’

When Jinyoung left, Moonbyul lets out a huge sigh. She took out her phone and dialed a number.

‘Hello…hey Wheein…I need your help…I’ll drop by at your office in an hour…’

An hour later…

‘Byul unnie…are you sure about this?’ Wheein asked in disbelief.

‘Yes…I’ve already thinking about it for a while now…but today…I know this is the right thing to do…’

‘Unnie…’

‘I’ve made up my mind Wheein…I need to save the man I love…’

‘By doing this?’

‘Yes…’

‘If you say so…’

**********************************

‘Is everything ready hyung?’ Jinyoung looked at Hyunwoo.

‘Yeah…I’ve finalized everything and you’re ready to proceed…’ Hyunwoo said, handing a file to Jinyoung. ‘Take a look…’

Jinyoung flipped the pages and a smile breaks on his face.

‘Great…’

‘Are you sure about this Jinyoung?’

‘Yes hyung…my father thinks that he can use his money to control me but I’ve known better…’

‘No regret?’

‘None! To be honest…being in the corporate world didn’t really suit me…I’m ready to leave everything behind…and start my new life away from people…’

‘What about Mark?’

‘That…I’ll just leave it to fate…to be honest, if only I could just take him away with me but we both know it’s kinda impossible…’ Jinyoung sighed.

‘I wish you all the best then…’

‘Thanks hyung…I really owe you for this…’

‘Hey, anytime for you…’ Hyunwoo got up and hugged Jinyoung. ‘Don’t forget to invite me to your new place…’

‘You’re the first one on my list…’

A week later…

Mark was doing some work on his computer when Moonbyul walked into his office.

‘Are you busy?’ she asked.

‘Not really…what’s up?’ he stopped and focused his attention to his wife.

‘Um…there’s something I want to talk to you…’

Moonbyul put a file in front of Mark and the latter took it. He flipped the pages and his eyes bulged at the writings.

‘Byul ah…’

‘Let get a divorce Mark…’

 

Are MarkJin gonna be together again? Stay tuned for the last chapter...

Flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!