BITTER TRUTH

DESTINY

‘You know you can’t hide here forever…’ Jackson looked at Jinyoung as the guy leaned against the plush sofa in Jackson's office.

‘But I can try…’ Jinyoung said without looking.

‘Aren’t you being a little mean towards that girl?’

‘No…I’m just being myself…I told her from the get go that I’m not interested in marrying her…she bring this to herself…’

‘But you could be nice to her…’

‘And give her false hope? I’d rather not…’

‘Your dad not gonna like it Jinyoung ah…’

‘Do I look like I care? That old man is not gonna get the best of me…he made me lose Mark and expect me to be nice? No way…’

‘You’ve always been the rebellious one ever since we were kids…” Jackson shakes his head.

‘Well, that’s me…’

‘Have you talked to Mark?’ Jackson asked.

‘No…not since our break up…but I saw him at some events…with his wife…’ saying those words are hard for Jinyoung.

‘How was your plan?’

‘Still in motion…I’m waiting for the right time…’

‘I don’t know how your father gonna take the news…’

‘He still got another successor to the company…he don’t need me…’

It’s almost noon when Jinyoung went back to his office.

‘Um…sir…miss Umji is waiting for you inside…she insisted to see you…I tried to send her away but she was persistent on meeting you today…’ Hyunjin said as Jinyoung arrived.

‘Thank you Hyunjin ah…’ Jinyoung smiled at his assistant before walking inside.

Umji was getting annoyed waiting for Jinyoung.

‘What brings you here?’ Jinyoung asked, closing the door behind him.

‘Where have you been?’ She scowled at him.

‘Meetings…you know that this is my work place, not some kind of entertainment establishment. What do you want?’

‘My mom made an appointment for wedding dress fitting in an hour…’

‘Sorry but I can’t go…’

‘Why not?’

‘Well…one, I’m currently working…two, it’s your dress not mine…’

‘But you’re the groom…’

‘Am I?’

‘Oppa!’ she stomped her feet in annoyance. ‘How long are you gonna drag our engagement?’

‘I’ve told you Umji, I have zero interest in this wedding…I only agree to it because of my father’s order…’

‘Are you still hung up on that ? He’s married to a woman for sake!’

Jinyoung could feel his blood boils upon hearing Umji’s words. No one talk like that about Mark especially in front of him.

‘He did that because we agreed that this is the best way to save our companies. Don’t forget we got engaged because your father begged mine so you could continue living in luxury.’ Jinyoung fumed with rising anger.

Umji never saw Jinyoung got this angry before.

‘Now, I suggest you to leave my office before I call the security on you…now!’

‘I hate you!’ Umji screamed and marched towards the door.

‘Thank you…’

Jinyoung slumped on his chair. He can’t wait until the day he could leave all of this chaos behind.

*Just hang in there Jinyoung…* he chanted. *You will get away from all these soon enough…*

********************************

‘So, I have all the necessary documents for the next meeting with Kim Industries…and I need you to review it…’ Mark’s assistant, Eric said when he reached the office that morning.

‘Great...’ Mark took a seat on his leather chair ready for work.

‘And there’s a package came for you…’ he put a small wrapped box on Mark desk. A small card attached to it.

‘Who is it from?’ Mark looked at him.

‘There’s no name stated when the delivery was made…it’s only directed to you…”

‘Is that all?’

‘Yes sir…’

‘You may go now…’

Eric bowed and left the office. Mark took the box and look at the card and saw the familiar signature…it’s the time of the year again and he knew he’s not the only one remembering the important date. He unwrap the box and opened the lid…a pair of diamond cufflinks…one of his favorite things to collect.

‘Thank you babe…this is beautiful…’ Mark said, smiling looking at the shining cufflinks.

Afternoon…

Mark was doing some document reviewing when Moonbyul came.

‘Are you busy?’ she asked.

‘Not really…just looking at some of the papers for tomorrow’s meeting…what’s up?’

‘Just want to let you know that I’m going for a drink with Solar and Wheein after work…they’ve been bugging me to go…’

‘Should I pick you up later?’

‘It’s okay…I’ll just ask the girls to drop me off…it’s almost lunch time…wanna go grab a bite?’

‘Sure…I’m kinda starving…’

‘I told you to eat more during breakfast…’ Moonbyul said, frowning at her husband.

‘Yes dear…’

The riverside walk was fairly empty when Mark arrived…he decided to stop by and have a quiet time to himself…trying to clear his mind. He remembered coming for a night date with Jinyoung when they were dating, and it somehow become their tradition to celebrate their anniversary. This year however…he was alone. Walking along the path reminds him of their happy times together, joking and laughing at each other’s antics.

He stopped at a small pier facing the wide river, letting the cool night breeze hitting his face, soothing his slowly aching heart.

‘I missed you…’ he said while closing his eyes.

Then…

‘Never thought that I would see you here today…’

Mark turned around and saw Jinyoung.

‘Jin…Jinyoung ah…’ Mark can’t believe his eyes. Jinyoung is here?

‘It’s really me Mark…you’re not imagining things…’

Mark was not surprised the fact that Jinyoung could tell what’s on his mind…that guy know him so well.

There’s an unspoken awkwardness as the two people sitting on a bench under the dimly lit light post. Both were trying to find words to say to one another.

‘Thank you for the cufflinks…they’re gorgeous…’ Mark said.

‘I’m glad you like it…’

‘You still remember the date huh?’

‘I never forget about it…what are you doing here anyway?’ Jinyoung looked at Mark. It’s the first time they met and sit this close ever since they broke up.

‘Reminiscing the past I guess…remember our anniversary spot?”

‘Of course…on that very pier…you asked me to be your boyfriend on our third date there…’

Jinyoung scooted closer towards Mark. Their arms brushed against each other. Mark turned and met with Jinyoung’s gaze.

‘Are you cold?’ Mark asked.

‘Not really…’

It was kinda blurry who made the first move but soon two lips crashed against each other in a heated kiss full of passion. Mark felt he was home when Jinyoung wrapped one arm around him and the other cradling his head as he deepened the kiss. Tongues danced to music less rhythm, filled with love at each touch.

‘I missed you so much baby…’ Jinyoung moaned as they broke the kiss, his lips still lingering on Mark’s own.

‘I missed you too…I missed you so damn much…’ Mark buried his face at the crook of Jinyoung’s neck.

A while later…

‘I’m glad that I decided to come here tonight…’ Jinyoung said, leaning his head on Mark’s shoulder. He took Mark’s hand in laced their fingers together.

‘Me too…’ Mark replied.

‘What happened to us Mark? How did things happen the way it did?’ Jinyoung glanced at the guy next to him.

‘I dunno…do I regret it? Of course…’

‘Do you know how much I want to yank that wedding ring off your fingers right now?’ Jinyoung was dead serious.

‘I know…’

Mark’s phone rings. He took it out of his pocket and saw Moonbyul’s name on the screen. Jinyoung pretended that he didn’t saw it.

‘Hello? Wheein? Where’s Moonbyul? She is? Just text me the address, I’ll come and get her…okay…’ he hung up.

‘Your wife?’ Jinyoung cringed saying that word.

‘Yeah…she went out with her friends and apparently had to many drinks…I have to pick her up…’

Mark got up.

‘Can I see you again?” Jinyoung looked at Mark.

‘I don’t think it’s a good idea Jinyoung ah…tonight is just a coincidence…we can’t let it happen again…’

‘Do you still love me? Be honest with me.’

‘I never stopped loving you Jinyoung…’ Mark caressed Jinyoung’s cheek. ‘But we both know better…I gotta go…’

Jinyoung watched as Mark walked away, disappearing from his sight.

‘I will make sure that we can be together again…’

Downtown…

Mark arrived at the bar and saw his wife being held by both of her friends, her long hair was messy and she barely had her eyes opened. Mark quickly got out of the car and ran towards the trio.

‘How much did she drink?’ Mark asked, scooping Moonbyul up, bridal style.

‘More than she should…’ Solar said, helping carrying Moonbyul’s handbag as Mark brought her to the car.

‘Thank you for calling me…I was gonna pick her up anyway but she refused…’ Mark buckled Moonbyul in the passenger seat and closed the door.

‘That’s Moonbyul…our independent lady…’ Wheein chuckled.

In the car…

‘I’m sorry Byul ah…I know you’re stressed out…’ Mark patted Moonbyul’s arm as his wife leaned against the seat.

‘I…I really love you Mark…’ she murmured, eyes still closed.

‘I know you do…but I just…I can’t love you the way you want me to…’ Mark said under his breath.

Moonbyul could feel her eyes getting moist upon hearing Mark’s words. The truth is…she wasn’t that drunk…she only pretended to be drunk so she could know Mark’s true feelings.

‘I’m so sorry Byul ah…I truly am…’ Mark ruffled Moonbyul’s hair. ‘I still love him…’

The tears finally run down her cheeks.

 

Truth sometimes can be hurt...

Sorry for not updating for so long...I've been busy with life...with everything going on around us, I hope everyone is doing fine...stay safe ok?

Flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!!